Server & Connection Issues (10/28/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
*Update 1:05 PM PDT

We experienced an issue at the end of the event which has been resolved. The connection issues should be cleared up for all players.

Thank you.

Hello.

We are aware that the game servers were down briefly this morning and some players are still experiencing issues connecting. The developers are currently investigating and working to correct this ASAP. When we have further information we will update.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Comments

• Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have just hit the third (or fourth?) maintenance shutdown of the day. Could you please provide an explanation. Those of us who grind heavily are annoyed. There is no rush to answer, but an expanded update would be appreciated.

Save the whales!
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    Options
    Is simple, their servers suck. They probably paid $10 for them. Heck, you better not think you are going to "grind" at the end of a quick battle session, because the loading times are beyond sucking.

Look on the bright side, they are STILL getting your money, if you're foolish enough to give it to them.
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    STILL BROKEN!

If you guys need a competent Dev Ops / System Design Director hit me up. You need a ton of help.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    leromeo wrote:
    Is simple, their servers suck. They probably paid $10 for them. Heck, you better not think you are going to "grind" at the end of a quick battle session, because the loading times are beyond sucking.

Look on the bright side, they are STILL getting your money, if you're foolish enough to give it to them.

So your diagnosis is that they don't have money to pay for better servers, and your solution is to stop funding them till they get better servers?
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    leromeo wrote:

So your diagnosis is that they don't have money to pay for better servers, and your solution is to stop funding them till they get better servers?

Yes and Yes. I've never given money to them, nor will I ever. Doesn't matter at this point. I've contacted them over and over on a myriad of game issues, but they aren't being addressed. Now if it were a money issue, you bet they would JUMP on it. It's just a matter of time before this game fades into obscurity like all the others before this one. They go out of business, and we the customer base are happy because there is no more frustration to be had on our parts.

I will only "donate" my hard earned dollars to something or someone that deserves it (and yes, I have spent dollars on a game, but definitely not this one)
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    And down at noontime EST on 10/29
    COME ON
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Ieromeo

Hear the minnow roar!

But it does annoy that I am going to lose another set of ribbons with the current hang.