Help with a Chandra build

Options
I'm doing pretty well with the new event, having 4 strong decks. But my Chandra one is all over the place. Red is the color I've spent the least time on, and might be the color I have the least good cards.

Would love to see some deck lists for ideas, and know what the core cards and strategies are to use her.

Comments

• TimWebko
    TimWebko Posts: 22
    Options
    Chandra is good at removal - her skills lean that way, and towards triggering cascades as well...

For creatures that aren't too rare, look for Abbot of Kheral Keep (cascade), Volcanic Rambler (cascade)

If you've got it, Exquisite Firecraft is a must have. I also like the combo of Scour from Existence and Processor Assault

Demolish to remove their buff gems

Mina and Denn to also give more red and green gems

There are also some other useful lesser card - Turn Against if they've survived all the removals, Lightning Javelin

Supports I tend not to use too much for the red PW's
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah you want cascades with chandra. The first ability is the less useful, but the second one works very well with resetting the board, since you can lower the chances of getting no good matches and nuke the opponent board when he does the same, among rare cards scab-clan berserker is now very powerful, and the -9 can ensure he will deal damage.
    chandra also has some very nice cheap uncommons:bushwacker, volcanic rambler, valakut invoker; devour in flames and maybe akon stonewalker( never tried this one).

I think you already know about the hellion.

Basically all dragons except dragonmaster outcast are really solid too.

You might want to avoid stuff like chandra's parents unless you are low on other rares, you have next to no support, so filling the creature spaces with thopters means you are stuck with the real damage dealers in your hand and having out a berserker is usually cery nice.

Touch of the void , lighting javelin and the 4 damage rare spell from origin are also decent filler to combine with the -9.

I'm using

Avaricious dragon
    skab clan berserker
    embermaw hellion
    abbot of keral keep
    reckless bushwacker
    Volcanic rambler

exquisite firecraft
    demolish
    Vanish from existence
    and that 4 damage rare red spell from origin.

The board clearing abilities are amazing.
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    Thanks, this helps a lot. I definitely have some of the cards you guys are mentioning. I will see what I can do. Thanks!
  • jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options
    If it helps I've been using this build in quick battle, You can usually win within a few minutes and it has no mythics and only a few rares (some of which aren't essential)

Chasm Guide (c)
    Reckless Bushwacker (u)
    Lavastep Raider (u)
    Volcanic Rambler (u)
    Goblin Piledriver (u)
    Embermaw Hellion (r)
    Goblin Dark-Dwellers (r)

Spells

Sure Strike (c)
    Exquisite Firecraft (r)
    Ravaging Blaze (r)

Deck is really Solid and the Chasm guide/ bushwacker combo with any of your bigger creatures to burst through fast damage.

If you don't have rares such as firecraft or Blaze red has other options (devour in flames and turn Against are really good choices, even fiery inpulse is ok)

Embermaw is incredible and dark dwellers gives your deck more reach. If you don't have these just play anything decent that you do, a lot of the uncommon red creatures are still strong.

Only issue with this deck is lack of card draw so don't be too greedy! icon_e_wink.gif
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    I seem to have most of those goblin cards, so I could go that way. This is what I currently have, I'm going to give this a go to start.

Creatures
    ---
    Akoum Hellkite
    Embermaw Hellion
    Mina and Denn
    Reckless Bushwacker
    Volcanic Rambler
    Valakut Invoker

Spells
    ---
    Lightning Javelin
    Exquisite Firecraft
    Demolish
    Sure Strike

Anything seem out of place? This seems to be the best of what has been suggested, without going completely goblin as the last poster suggested.
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Iroas's Champion as a creature to use with Chandra. That card is awesome especially when paired with Sword of the Animist for more gem destruction/cascading.
  • tdellaringa
    Options
    Yeah, I had Iroas's Champion with Animist in originally, and she can be crazy destructive. The problem is her cost. I wonder if she would be better than one of my dragons.

I just replaced the Sure Strike with Turn Against. I was finding strike was sitting in my hand too much.
  • snow_leopardd
    Options
    somehow through all the packs I have gotten, no Abbot, Embermaw, or exquisite firecraft. Havent seen many of the mythics either. Chandra just kinda sits on the sidelines for now.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i use lightning axe and inner struggle for most of by heavy killing with ravaging blaze to kill small ones this with jori for card draw 9plus he is harder to kill javelin wont do it) scab clan because i got lucky to get it, volcanic for the cascades and the devil wolf mythic which i dont care for honestly, light on creatures really had plenty of starts with none but just time to fill up kills for when they come out lol. demolish of course and uncaged fury, and murderers axe for same reason cheap buff is someone gets hit and is limping to keep them in the fight, and i dont feel bad if it gets discarded to survive longer.