Any Liliana "fast" deck?

Options
Morphis
Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
It seems impossible for me to build a Lilian's deck not taking ages to win.

Tried zombies.... Not fast
Tried devoid + processor slow
Reanimator... Slow

It seems that almost any build is as slow as reanimator(or near that slowness).

Is there a build a little faster?
Grinding story mode 5-color matches for runes while waiting for event.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    It seems impossible for me to build a Lilian's deck not taking ages to win.

Tried zombies.... Not fast
    Tried devoid + processor slow
    Reanimator... Slow

It seems that almost any build is as slow as reanimator(or near that slowness).

Is there a build a little faster?
    Grinding story mode 5-color matches for runes while waiting for event.

Any advice appreciated.

I run Kiora then Ajani then Lilly to save time. I use reanimator/hand destruction/kill spells with Hangarback Walker and Sword of the Animist as finisher. Once they get out it only take a few turns.

They improved Priest of the Blood Rite to only cost 9 mana, you could try that, it's 11 power of creatures for the trap drawback which means you can strategically break the trapped gems so they don't trigger them. Also works great with Sword of the Animist.

Graveblade Marauder will kill any non-flying creature and also does 9 damage if unblocked.

For reanimator you really want Dark Petition. If you get lucky cascades with a 5-match you can use her first ability to destroy a fattie from your hand and cast the petition to bring it back turn one. If you don't have this card it takes significantly longer to discard creatures from your hand then build up for her ultimate.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reanimator is slow in average.
    Even when I used both resurrect ways(dark petition and necromantic summon) the chance I would pull off the combo in decent time were quite low.

I have hangarback and Twins so I can do it(hangarback being annoying too cause of animation that slow him down)
    The setup is quite heavy.
    First get one of the big boys in hand
    Gather the loyalty(not hard but still...)
    Discard
    Use the spell.
    In the best non super lucky scenario 3-4 turn of doing nothing have passed(maybe some board control).

The only thing made her better is priest(the I used even pre-reduction till a month or so ago) and ruinous path.
    Even those 2 op cards cannot bring Lilian's back in the game.
    Also if they keep on buffing black cards the main result will be Saran becoming utterly OP.

Probably it will never be addressed.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the update, I've found Liliana to be much faster and more aggressive. Post-OGW event, I've been having a lot of fun with this:

Priest of the Blood Rite
    Reaver Drone
    Inverter of Truth
    Guul Draz Overseer

Infinite Obliteration
    Grip of Desolation
    Transgress the Mind
    Dark Petition
    Necromantic Summons

Mirrorpool

Basically, you're just outracing them. It eats up your life, which is a downside, but it's pretty fun.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The new zombies have significantly sped up my Liliana deck
  • jimilinho_
    jimilinho_ Posts: 292
    Options
    It's not really set up well for Lilly to be fast. Obviously Priest of the Blood Right and Dark petition are perfect for this goal. If you have them (I don't yet) to the slaughter and from the floorboards look like being exactly what you need.

Oh and if Mindwrack Demon becomes available then that is going to be an absolute beating for your opponent (and you too tho!)
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    just got lily 2 and lucked on relentless dead mythic, along with 2 kill spells brawlers plate and true faith censer, for creatures fleshbag maurader, with the crow of dark tiding and sanitarium skeletons i have walls galore that just take over for each other. it is an ugly win but fun to watch them slowly grind themself away even though they have all this ramp. nothing except the mythic cost more than 10. threw in grotesque mutation for a bit of healing occasionally and it has done real well, it will get its big test for the halloween event when she will be almost 52 will try to let you know
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dont see why the deck shouldnt work with regular lily though use bone splinters to help seed your graveyard for the relentless dead to bring back 2 birds with one stone kill a pest and get dead fodder to bring back. tramplers are the biggest problem really