Things you REALLY want to be reality in MtGPQ

Options
HomeRn
HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Ever see something (or think of something) that you would just KILL for to be added to this game? A Planeswalker, feature, card, or whatever comes to your mind? Why not tell us about your fantasies here?

Personally, I'd go nuts over any black/blue PW right now. As I've been working on a deck for this game revolving around those colors recently, and I may have come up with something downright diabolical - which might literally break the game... Relentless Dead, Prized Amalagram, and Skaab Goliath in the same deck... a deck where NONE of the creatures stay dead unless you're against another blue PW! For those of you wondering why: Skaab Goliath destroys your other creatures when summoned and gets huge in the process, Relentless Dead refuses to die and comes back anyways, and brings back another zombie at the same time - while Prized Amalagram comes back any time a zombie enters the battlefield!

Comments

• Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    That combo sounds like it would be a blast.
    I sometimes think a green/black PW would be awesome just because of Gather the Pack with Ever After or Dark Petition. Especially with Gisa and Geralf showing up soon.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sarkhan in the vault.

I'd really like it if Tamiyo doesn't arrive as a tri-color PW.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    real pvp and buy specific card
  • PajdaCZ
    PajdaCZ Posts: 20
    Options
    A spell that would EXILE.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Genuinely, just stop making new content until the content they have works.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Genuinely, just stop making new content until the content they have works.
    Psshh. That's no fun. For real though Cromat! Shut up and take my money!
    JK... What Shteev said
  • LeafHyren
    LeafHyren Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    - Different way to scroll though PW

- Some PW specific to eldrazi/colorless

- Some spell that allows you to see your opponents hand (heheheh)

- New currency given when you acquire a duplicate mythic. (Mythic Crystals!) and that this allow me to buy specific cards.

- A green/blue PW... oh wait we have Kiora... Thank you icon_mrgreen.gif

- Some mode to battle one another and do away with AI. (would suck to go second though)

- Anyone remember "Exodia" ? we need an incredibly impractical set of cards that won you the game instantly as soon as you collected them. You know... just because...

- Mastery tiers that make me feel less like a fool for sighing up to battle all the dedicated clever deck builders in Platinum. Hey at least a little more bread? manacrystal.png maybe? no?

- A new story mode of insanely difficult bosses lol A group of decks to crazy you couldn't imagine anyone beating them...

- Make the Three of Perdition a black AND GREEN card... it is a tree... a PLANT... (I don't think I would use it either way, but it grinds my gears)

- More cards with Regenerate. I liked using the Undercity Troll back when I first started playing, things got out of hand... such a card just won't do this days, sadly. Wouldn't it be nice if that Tree of Perdition had at least a regenerate 1?

- Sell powerful supports and spells. If I am going to keep buying my way to power, the way this drop rate and duplicates is going, might as well go there too.

- A transforming PW... star.png Arlinn star.png Thank you!

- Tournaments! With brackets and such the whole nine yards.

- That any form of "prevent damage" be eliminated. Sooner or later such a feature will be unbeatable. Runaway Carriage like but as a valid strategy, we are a few cards away from such on white.

- Full art work. Most if not all have a cropped version of the original, maybe full version with a tap on the image. The art is great in this game. Did you notice that Gaea has 4 arms? http://media.wizards.com/2015/images/da ... evenge.jpg As someone new to everything Magic, I've like to appreciate the artistry a little more. I bet hard core fans would like that too. But since this is a post for fantasizing... Make them 3D models for virtual reality!

- Four abilities per PW, and a higher max for Loyalty.

- Mana Bonus for Void on PW's. How about giving Sarkhan +6 Void! After you guys find him obviously... I hear he is hiding with the destitute.

- Enraged Battles when certain PW's face each other! Say Nahiri runs into Sorin? or Garruk into Liliana? whenever they meet they should meet in Enraged move. As a reflection of their back stories, adding a little folklore.

- Elementals, Dragons, Elf, Giants, Beasts, Kor, Cleric, Hydra and more. It would be great if they all had their particulars, such as werewolfs, eldrazi, Ally Spirits or zombies. Perhaps a daunting task but we're dreaming here aren't we. Merge could have been a new thing for giants, or Meld a thing for soldiers, warriors and generals, as an army grouping or forces uniting. How about resurrecting Regenerate as a thing for Vampires! that was the idea for Sorin version 1 wasn't it? Eldrazi could get more Void, Devoid and Processor features (and that new colorless PW!)

I could go on dreaming... Stepping back and looking at the game anew. A lot has been made, and granted the balance of all of this things remain stable we have a lot to keep having fun playing for a while.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    LeafHyren wrote:
    - Different way to scroll though PW

- Some PW specific to eldrazi/colorless

- New currency given when you acquire a duplicate mythic. (Mythic Crystals!) and that this allow me to buy specific cards.

- Make the Three of Perdition a black AND GREEN card... it is a tree... a PLANT... (I don't think I would use it either way, but it grinds my gears)
    Scrolling through planeswalkers was miserable on my ipod touch, but is a breeze on my ipad.

Ugin would be a nice colorless walker, since his second ability in the card game ignores colorless cards, and his third one would work well with the titans and other large ones.

I'm certainly in favor of some way to get individual cards through in game resources, like you can in hearthstone.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=394086

They've made plenty of changes to paper magic cards (relative sizes, weird abilities, rarity swaps), but one thing they haven't changed (to my knowledge) is colors. Tree of perdition was a callback to tree of Redemption, a green tree.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Searc ... ced&name=+[%22tree%20of%22]&type=+[%22Creature%22]
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The ability to get specific cards, preferably for a non-insane price.

The ability to reset Story Mode.

Progression awards in Quick Battle.

More progression awards in the Events.

A way to choose from several different prizes.

The ability to save decks.

The ability to rent or test drive cards you don't own.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd still like to see devoid fixed. Devoid gems would power any colorless cards and cards with devoid are colorless (they just can only go in certain colored decks). This is the #1 flavor fail imo so far.

Oh, and multiple deck save slots per planeswalker.
  • angelzpanik
    Options
    I agree with SO much of what has already been posted.

Multiple decks wld be fantastic.

Ability to change the ORDER of PWs so they are easier to scroll through would help.

Ability to restart story mode.. I mean it's already tough to gain free manacrystal.png and adding progressive rewards in QB would help with that and get more card draws too, as well as adding more progressive rewards in events as incentive to keep playing them longer even when you know you won't be able to place really high for the good stuff. All of this wld be helpful, especially while the drop rate is so terrible.

Fixing the current glitches wld make my year. It is killing me (and my PWs) not being able to keep the game in the background between breaks at work. Seriously guys.

And anything that would help battery life while playing would be epic. *(ooo new card rarity: Epic? Maybe??)* If I play while charging, my phone stays incredibly hot. Unplugged, I lose battery steadily and quickly. And usually my battery life is really good! This game does kill it.

I love love love the idea to do enraged matches with certain combinations of PWs. I enjoy the enrage events immensely even when I get destroyed. They're just damned fun.

Maybe a way to sell PWs you don't use to other players, including certain cards in decks set to them? Like we set them up with some of our dupes or something? And the sale could be for manarune.png or manacrystal.png either way wld add a bit of card/pw swapping and another way to earn runes and crystals. Or even just selling 10 card deck sets to each other. D3 could determine (with an algorithm of some kind) what the price for each deck would be, depending on what is in them, but if it paid better than selling dupes it'd be a fun way to help other players and earn currency.

Sorry this was so long.. Just dreaming.....
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    Progression awards in Quick Battle.

This would really good! Would be nice to even get something/anything for spending hours in QB only to miss out because of real life or something.

However, if these would stand on the toes of the current reward system, at least a secondary reward system could be in place, depending on your current event win rate perhaps, which could reward slower players as long as they win and play a minimum number of games?
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Real PVP

Saved Decks

Stable Environment
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would only want real PVP if it was with my coalition. Otherwise, I foresee a lot of trolls just putting their phone down and making you want to rage quit. Unless ofc, a Hearthstone-like turn timer was introduced as well... but this is probably too sensible for D3 to think about.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okay, but for real:

Crafting. The game needs a rune dump. Give us a shop to purchase cards (or even card shards, and combine e.g. 10 together to make a card). Avoid making it a rotating inventory or some other RNG nonsense - I have nearly 50% of the mythics in game, but I'm deliberately staying out of plat because I lack some very key blue cards.

Deck slots. This is the perfect slot for a rune dump. 100k for first slot, 300k for second. Per planeswalker. Done.

Better AI scripting per planeswalker. Right now all planeswalkers feel the same - the only one to really pay attention to their first ability is Liliana. People have different planeswalkers because they prefer the different playstyle - take Nahiri vs Ajani for example - one plays more defensively than the other. Differentiate the AI for planeswalkers! ObNix, J2 _should_ save up to their ults. Arlinn _should_ save up to her first ult and then utilize the superior options when in werewolf form. The AI _should_ bounce its own creatures if it has a bunch of weenies on board, but a charged up Olivia/whatever in hand. None of this happens.

edit: I'd also like to see a public API!
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Crafting. The game needs a rune dump.
    I think if they do crafting they'll want to use a different resource than runes, something new. This would be both for competitive balance and so they can sell us more stuff.
  • Crimmy
    Crimmy Posts: 16
    Options
    I wish I was in need of a rune dump. I've got to be near 400,000 away from maxxing out my current PWs.

It seems like we've been getting a new one every 1 or 2 weeks. I know I'm not pulling in 64K runs in a week.