Quitting After Day 938

Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
Time to call it a day I feel. I would like to think that the devs read this sort of thing to see where they can improve (but I doubt it).

Main reasons:

Devs complete disregard for their player-base. (Anniversary anyone?)
Crushing difficulty IS NOT FUN!
Rewards totally out of line with requirements.
Day 940 actually nets me a 4* cover - wohoo! shame that they are completely unusable.
99% of my Roster being totally pointless.
More & More character releases - why? - 4*'s are completely useless - cannon fodder.
OML - Out of 100 odd characters you would think that more than 1 should matter.
RNG rather than skill only important factor.

As the advert states "When the fun stops, Stop!"

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to see you go Druss.

I'm seeing a -LOT- of vets drop out after anniversary. Waiting around to see if there were any big changes - and there were not.

Gotta say, going into yet another season Sim - it is incredibly disappointing to be paired up in MMR that is to tight with RNG that is also to tight. Frustrating that my 2nd best 5* has seven covers after a similar number of days to OP - and I keep finding folks that are running two 405+ plus a three star as their next best character!

THAT is what RNG does to you. Some get lucky and don't even have to go through the time (or money) intensive transition period....and vets get frustrated and leave when they get unlucky and can't keep up with those who have played 1/3rd the amount of time.

RNG is -still- the worst part of the game. Higher SCL can't come soon enough - and a 5* transition path had darn well better be in it or you'll be seeing more and more vets leave.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Sorry you're leaving, but do what makes you happy.

You hit on some important points. It's not healthy for the game to be so heavily weighed towards one character, or even a few.

Combined Arms though revealed a better path forward. Split events so that there are some where the vets/very lucky can use their top tier characters. Make others that exclude 5* and encourage mixing 4* and 3* (I couldn't really care less about 2* since so many have slightly improved 3* versions anyway).

Or event split within an event so that the first screen asks if you want to play with 5* characters. If so, into the 5* brackets you go. Let the rest of us have fun without having to skip the same end game teams over and over, or compete with them for the 4* prizes they may not even really need.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry to see you go. RNG is literally the worst way to have progression. I'm day 864 have opened exactly 198 legendary tokens. I have 17 five star covers to show for that.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    Sorry to see you go. RNG is literally the worst way to have progression. I'm day 864 have opened exactly 198 legendary tokens. I have 17 five star covers to show for that.

Day 550 ish and I have exactly 17 too, but then I would have roughly the same as we were both there when LT's started. I though have not drawn 198 tokens and have the depth of 4 star roster you will have by nature of drawing them.

Shame a vet has quit but personally I don't have an issue with the draw rate on 5* or how you get them. Yes it's a slow path but if we all had them the game would then be even more pointless. OML only seems over used and OP because he was the first one anyone wanted and been out almost the longest. I think he just needs a temp nerf until the others are a lot more common. Then rebalance him when the game starts to get dominated by a BSSM or Bolt etc.

Then again I wouldn't have started them at level 255 and put such a huge gap between 4-5*. That's the bigger issue. I don't care if someone with a 2 or 3* roster lands them a well covered OML, that MMR would hurt a lot. Unless you are at the very top, you just have to accept it never gets easier.

The whole game is a pointless money sponge, some are smart enough to realise it at day 3 when they calculate the roster slots needed, others take 938. Sadly I think i'm a day 939 quitter.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:

I'm day 731 and according to my records have opened 475 LTs over the last 8 seasons (counting Season XXXII and Anniversary Season Together as both were short). 73 (including 5 sold and 2 in limbo waiting on a reply from CS) of those were 5star covers. But I only have 2 max covered.

You get what you play for.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    RNG is -still- the worst part of the game.
    I have to agree with you there.

I open classic packs with all of my CP and my current situation is this:
    OML - Champed
    Phx - Champed
    SS - Champed
    Goblin - 1/5/2 build
    Spidey - 3/1/5 build
    Iron Man - 1/2/5 build
    Steve Rogers - 5/1/0 build

See a trend?

All of my non-champed classics have already hit 5 covers in a colour. I've already thrown away 3 excess purple spideys, 1 excess Steve Rogers yellow and 1 excess Iron Man yellow.

When RNG dictates progression on a system that's already slow (1 5*awarded per week give or take on luck) then it's super easy to feel defeated and have a desire to quit.

I wish the devs would implement a system of colourless covers to fight RNG.

Sorry to see you go Druss. This game has improved a TON in the last few months but you correctly point out that there is still plenty room for improvement and not all of us are willing to wait that long.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoy your 30 days off! See ya when you get back.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Sorry to see you go Druss.

I'm seeing a -LOT- of vets drop out after anniversary. Waiting around to see if there were any big changes - and there were not.

Gotta say, going into yet another season Sim - it is incredibly disappointing to be paired up in MMR that is to tight with RNG that is also to tight. Frustrating that my 2nd best 5* has seven covers after a similar number of days to OP - and I keep finding folks that are running two 405+ plus a three star as their next best character!

THAT is what RNG does to you. Some get lucky and don't even have to go through the time (or money) intensive transition period....and vets get frustrated and leave when they get unlucky and can't keep up with those who have played 1/3rd the amount of time.

RNG is -still- the worst part of the game. Higher SCL can't come soon enough - and a 5* transition path had darn well better be in it or you'll be seeing more and more vets leave.

HAHA there are 40 4 stars and there is no 4 star path,

i'd say don't hold your breath.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a very bad sign, vets leaving after the anniversary. I am on day 1085 and I am also seriously considering quitting. I was also hoping for a good anniversary and for SCL to fix the big problems we have in the 5 tier, but SCL is still just half released, so everything is still broken in my tier of play.

Now my biggest hope is that when my 4s will be 320+ level they will probably be usable again. The only problem is that I am still a bit far from it icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    This is a very bad sign, vets leaving after the anniversary. I am on day 1085 and I am also seriously considering quitting. I was also hoping for a good anniversary and for SCL to fix the big problems we have in the 5 tier, but SCL is still just half released, so everything is still broken in my tier of play.

Now my biggest hope is that when my 4s will be 320+ level they will probably be usable again. The only problem is that I am still a bit far from it icon_e_sad.gif
    You've been "considering quitting" for half a year now.
    Stop pretending you ever will.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Small wonder why after three years of play long term vets feel frustrated, and decide to leave when you look at the current PVE, and see a 3* as top reward. Now that helps progression for long term players! I cannot believe for the life of me why top rewards are so restricted. As deep a pool 4* are now why not open the door further so their availability increases a better player base satisfaction, and desire to play. No, no, no. Let's keep it checked tight, so that long term, cornerstone players finally burnout and leave!
    I understand that the progressionary walls are placed as incentive to create spending, but why not at least reward your players that game hard enough to just earn a reward. That is one of the phrases used so often on some released statements; We want to help progression by creating better play so that top rewards are easier for all to earn. That's paraphrased, but that's a base statement I have seen at times. Okay then why take out top tier covers all together? A PVE with no 4* access? That leaves a PvP with a 4* star reward that becomes a blood bath fight for a 4* reward dominated by 5* monster rosters. Convenience served to the creators, and the subjects still starve
    Sorry to see you go. I hope it's just a break and you come back. If not I wish you well in life. Maybe your leaving will help some understand that foundation's can be destroyed much more quickly than what has been built upon them.
  • Bowgentle
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Small wonder why after three years of play long term vets feel frustrated, and decide to leave when you look at the current PVE, and see a 3* as top reward. Now that helps progression for long term players! I cannot believe for the life of me why top rewards are so restricted. As deep a pool 4* are now why not open the door further so their availability increases a better player base satisfaction, and desire to play. No, no, no. Let's keep it checked tight, so that long term, cornerstone players finally burnout and leave!
    I understand that the progressionary walls are placed as incentive to create spending, but why not at least reward your players that game hard enough to just earn a reward. That is one of the phrases used so often on some released statements; We want to help progression by creating better play so that top rewards are easier for all to earn. That's paraphrased, but that's a base statement I have seen at times. Okay then why take out top tier covers all together? A PVE with no 4* access? That leaves a PvP with a 4* star reward that becomes a blood bath fight for a 4* reward dominated by 5* monster rosters. Convenience served to the creators, and the subjects still starve
    Sorry to see you go. I hope it's just a break and you come back. If not I wish you well in life. Maybe your leaving will help some understand that foundation's can be destroyed much more quickly than what has been built upon them.
    What are you even talking about?
    There is an Iceman cover in the middle of the progression ladder, and the top 100 get a 4* Blade cover.

Didn't you pick clearance level 7?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Yeah you are right, I consider quitting all the time but I never do. I will be the last player of the game icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Polares wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Yeah you are right, I consider quitting all the time but I never do. I will be the last player of the game icon_razz.gif
    I've been talking about quitting for 20 seasons, so I'll be right there with you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:
    What are you even talking about?
    There is an Iceman cover in the middle of the progression ladder, and the top 100 get a 4* Blade cover.

Didn't you pick clearance level 7?
    And the sign on the closed door of of level 8-9 read; Coming soon! Please refer all future requests to RNG until further notice.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:

I'm day 731 and according to my records have opened 475 LTs over the last 8 seasons (counting Season XXXII and Anniversary Season Together as both were short). 73 (including 5 sold and 2 in limbo waiting on a reply from CS) of those were 5star covers. But I only have 2 max covered.

You get what you play for.

Pretty much what I get out of this is you're saying that it sucks that my RNG luck sucks.

But if only I played more I would have better luck?

I'm happy for you that you are hitting the 15% pretty much on the nose. But "theoretically" I should have close to twice the number of 5 star.png covers that I currently do and that sucks.

It sucks entering level 7 of clearance levels in PVP and seeing people with no champed 4 stars and a handful of 3 stars champed running 2 - 400+ five stars and a loaner. Facing that team to grind out 20-40 points and wasting health packs because of ridiculous match damage.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    RNG IS A DAMN TINY KITTY!!!!!!!!!!

guy in my Pve slice has a max char of 121 2* wolvie and a 2* 124 ms marvel but his other best char is...... yup a 330 oml with 6 covers.

While I sit here my oml has only 3 covers and still at 255.

I'm giving it till the end of the is power gem season then I'll be doing the same if things don't change.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    mikepro wrote:
    guy in my Pve slice has a max char of 121 2* wolvie and a 2* 124 ms marvel but his other best char is...... yup a 330 oml with 6 covers.

Working as intended.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Devs complete disregard for their player-base. (Anniversary anyone?) - Anniversary was good. Vault was great, so were the events and rewards. Dino was revamped. And Boss rush... well, yeah, pretty difficult and frustrating event, but i got 2 Peggys and i am not a whale.
    Crushing difficulty IS NOT FUN! - Nope, PvE is challenging but definintely doable.
    Rewards totally out of line with requirements - With this i would agree before shield + clearance levels or even worse, before championing system.
    Day 940 actually nets me a 4* cover - wohoo! shame that they are completely unusable. - Daily is not very generous but 2000ISO plus some free stuff is not a reason to leave.
    99% of my Roster being totally pointless - Definitely agree with this. Except for championing rewards there is no reason to have 50% characters. Some offline/idle/passive feature that would use unused covers would be cool.
    More & More character releases - why? - 4*'s are completely useless - cannon fodder. - Problem related to that above.
    OML - Out of 100 odd characters you would think that more than 1 should matter. - Lets hope he will get revamp
    RNG rather than skill only important factor. - In tokens, yes. In matches, mostly. I dont think this may be changed.

I dont know. I am sorry you are leaving. After what you told i wonder why now, after many good things came. But i kinda understand. Now i am optimist because i can farm low star covers, promote them, get better... but more and more often i am asking myself "why did i just bought 113th slot?... do i need all these covers?... wouldnt be three 5* enough?"

Devs should add some minigames to the game that would make covers useful. More of them are just source of promote rewards. I dont think some strategy minigame with f.e. upgradable Base, missions to waste covers and rewards from succesful missions would be difficult to design. I guess i will put some idea about it, but i dunno... game is match 3 and despite of being stereotype as hell, i doubt they would add somethink like that icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I don't blame you at all Druss. I quit for several months right around the time when Black Suit Spider-Man was released. I got frustrated with the PVP structure, with the 3* star champion nerf, the limited availability of CP, and the slow trickle of ISO. I came back for Civil War and recently have started playing daily with a casual alliance (RN 2). I find myself more inclined to play thanks to S.H.I.E.L.D. ranks and the backlog of ISO that came as a result. This has helped me feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with my roster. I have also made the decision to completely avoid PVP. Too much work with no guarantee that it will pay off in the end. As of right now, I consider the system completely broken. I hit my DPD and will sandbag PVE's when the rewards are good enough. I've just gone to a laid back approach and it's helped me enjoy the game again. I've come to realize that the carrot stick is always going to move, so I've stopped chasing it. I'm not investing tons of money trying to keep up with the Jones'. I get what I get character-wise, and that's that.