game population vs forum population

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I was kind of curious what portion of the player base actually uses the forum?

I can see that there are 417 registered users here and I can only guess at how many total players they are. Of course I'm sure there are a number of people that stalk the forums having never registered.

I'd be surprised if we even accounted for 5% of the total player population. Maybe it's something more like 2%.

Ice, would you be able to confirm a ballpark percentage?

I think it would be an interesting thing to consider when a bunch of people on here are complaining about this or that to have just a bit of an idea of how many other people the devs need to take into consideration when making decisions

Comments

• Couple days ago I sabotaged my SHIELD Training points and with 257 pts I was #25102. From 300 pts each 11 pts loss translated to about 1000 drop in position. The question is how many of players in ST are still active, but I reckon it's safe to assume that at least 25k. Therefore that would make current forum population about ~1.6% of player base.

When it comes to complains, I am sure we can raise awareness of possible problem to devs, but I would guess final decisions are made based on statistics taken on whole/most of player base.
  • It would probably help if the game provided access to the forums, but nobody ever does that in their games.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    adamLmpq wrote:
    I think it would be an interesting thing to consider when a bunch of people on here are complaining about this or that to have just a bit of an idea of how many other people the devs need to take into consideration when making decisions
    With some quick napkin math going off of total uniques in-game versus total uniques to these forums (which includes Guests that have popped around), the forums make up about .05% of the userbase. It's probably more like .5% in actuality since naturally there are quite a few uniques that just installed and never actually played the game.
  • IceIX wrote:
    With some quick napkin math going off of total uniques in-game versus total uniques to these forums (which includes Guests that have popped around), the forums make up about .05% of the userbase. It's probably more like .5% in actuality since naturally there are quite a few uniques that just installed and never actually played the game.
    We are the 1%!

Thanks for the response, Ice.