Place your bets: Winter Soldier's Crash!

Options
13»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Four tries so far with an unboosted 1/2/3 Lv 131 Bucky. Second try, I would have had him if a Battleplan + cascade hadn't wiped me out one turn before my red was supposed to go off.

None of the other three have been close.

I feel like this CAN be done, but I'll probably have to use boosts at some point.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Four tries so far with an unboosted 1/2/3 Lv 131 Bucky. Second try, I would have had him if a Battleplan + cascade hadn't wiped me out one turn before my red was supposed to go off.

I feel like this CAN be done, but I'll probably have to use boosts at some point.

Three more tries:

first try, game crashes immediately. Eats all my boosts.

Second try: Panther down to about 2800 health with some traps on the board. Fires yellow, gets a cascade on the very next match, game over.

Third try: Panther has Battleplan rarin' to go by the second turn, cascades me into oblivion.

I'm so, so salty right now about the boost-stealing crash.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Three more tries:

first try, game crashes immediately. Eats all my boosts.

Second try: Panther down to about 2800 health with some traps on the board. Fires yellow, gets a cascade on the very next match, game over.

Third try: Panther has Battleplan rarin' to go by the second turn, cascades me into oblivion.

I'm so, so salty right now about the boost-stealing crash.

Eighth try: match-4 cascades into a match-8 yellow for Panther, and literally every drop after that is dropping either matchable black or matchable yellow so I'm scurrying to prevent those while he just casually lays a Battleplan.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    kobu wrote:
    Failing hard with boosts at 110 5/2/3. Every board setup is a dream for Black Panther. Managed to get him down to only 2k left on my first try at 90 with no boosts.

I tried a few more times without boosts, boards favored him every time. Leveled to 20, did full boosts, and I got a board of all purple and red. Go figure. Blew him away with 5k health remaining.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought for sure this would be a loss for my 2/2/2 level 111 Bucky, but actually won on my 10th try.

It quickly became clear that with only 6k health vs BP's 15k, the strat was to deny yellow and black at all costs and hope to stumble into some cascades and red/blue/purple AP. Because once BP fired yellow off and hit for 1k a turn, it was game over.

So of course most of my boards were drowning in yellow, and even when I denied it more yellow fell out of the sky. I actually started retreating on yellow-heavy boards to save health packs and waited the half hour to heal instead. Using +100% match damage, +50% G/B and 50% R/Y, I finally got one nice red-heavy board, denied as well as I could and won with 500 HP left.

My reward: a purpleflag.pngicon_professorx.png I can't use.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/3/0 147 first try. +2 all, +2 b/p and + 100 dam. 5* bruce for my troubles icon_e_wink.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5/5/1 managed it 3rd time lucky after I threw some ISO (that I was saving for Peggy) into him and got him to level 155.

From the legendary I got a Jean Grey cover, which got me 3 CP, which took me to 22, so I bought a Classic Legendary, and got a Goblin black. I'll graciously accept that...
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    2-3-2 126. Got him after about 10 tries. With 396hp left.

A really tough fight.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Three more tries got me there after I just loaded up on damage boosts. Token got me a Bucky red, which I appreciate.

I am, however, out of b/p damage boosts, and used 29 +20% match damage boosts. Also used 12/30 +1 all AP and 10/30 +1 b/p AP over the course of the day.

Yeesh.

At least I won't need b/p AP boosts next Crash, and I'll probably use r/y damage boosts next Crash. And then only one of the three Crashes after that are even winnable as things stand right now, so.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Winter Soldier is woefully under-covered at 1/1/2. I maxed him out at 94, but I still knew he wouldn't stand a chance. I loaded the maximum amount for All, B/P, and R/Y Damage Boost and went into the match. Everything was going smoothly, until BP was down to half health. That's when he got a set of Battleplan strikes on the board. Luckily, I got a cascade the next turn, which wiped them off the board. That gave be enough AP for 1 Blue, and 1 Purple. A few turns later, I cascaded the CD off the board, but by then the crit damage let me finish him off with one Red.

Banking the LT, until I know the cover won't go to waste.