**** Luke Cage (Power Man) ****

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Story mode (where I would use him the most) 0/10

Versus (as a deterrent 7/10)

Can we sign a petition to remove the animation on his black? I do like how IF is with him when he uses his yellow though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    remove the screen shake, I'm begging you.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Don't they have an setting to turn off animations?
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Don't they have an setting to turn off animations?
    Oh if only.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    He's entertaining.

But that passive animation has got to go.

While you're at it, please get rid of all the animations on the passive powers (Carnage, Falcon...) or at least make them go by a lot faster. A simple, quick blip across the screen (like Daken's Healing/Heat) conveys all the information we really need. Watching these fancy things happen sometimes three or four times on the enemy's turn is not amusing.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    The animation is cool though. I suggest that the animation only activates if he is in front. Otherwise just use a banner.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    The animation is cool, but it is absurdly slow and there is just no reason for it to happen each time. I'd even be willing to give up the hits we'd take if it could just resolve once after the enemy turn is completed - have it count the number of powers used then show it once and throw out all the protect tiles at once.....

Either that or just offer the ability to turn off animations on passives.....
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    The passive animation has been fixed.

Yay.

Thank you. icon_e_smile.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/fwKH99wxK3Y

Analysis video. Overall, I think he will be incredible when boosted. Getting maximum benefit from his yellow will be annoying and require building an entire team around him. You can't just get someone with complementary colors, you someone with complementary colors that also creates special tiles. Not useful unboosted except in specific PvE teams.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Thanks to the Fortified tile boost he's pretty fun with Green Goblin. GG purple, Cage yellow with 4-6 Fortified tiles on the board packs a decent punch.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like 5 in red is a given. What about the other two skills? I could see arguments for any of the */*/5 builds.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like 5 in red is a given. What about the other two skills? I could see arguments for any of the */*/5 builds.
    I think it depends on your special tile making ability. I tend to favor offense, so I'd probably start with a 5/3/5 build...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Just in case anyone was wondering (I was)... Luke Cage's fortifying friendly special tiles does not work on invisible tiles.

I tried it with Professor X; once I had his tile out (and I had no other special tiles out), I fired Luke's yellow (which I have at one cover currently). It told me the power would have no effect; there were no tiles that met the condition (don't remember the exact wording, but it was something like that). As soon as I had another special tile out (a strike tile), the yellow power then fired and fortified that tile.
  • ErikPeter
    I noticed that as well. It's funny, because one friendly tile that it does work on, is Gwenpool's Gun. "Dammit, Luke!"
  • Cthulhu wrote:
    Buncha Fiddle-Faddle - 13 redtile.png AP
    Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 3627 damage, or 5803 damage if there are no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack Tiles.
    Level 4: Deals 5239 damage, or 8392 damage if there are no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack Tiles.
    Level 5: Deals 8463 damage, or 13541 damage if there are no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack Tiles.
    How often are there no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack Tiles on the board to get this big boost of damage? Less than half the time?
  • ErikPeter
    How often are there no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack Tiles on the board to get this big boost of damage? Less than half the time?

I haven't paid attention. Probably less than half. So rarely on defense, but more often on offense where you can just pound on the enemy before they use powers; against some teams it'll happen most of the time. Iceman/Thor/IM40, Jeanbuster (if that's still a thing), pve goons who rarely make specials...
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Reposting some info I put in the current PVP event thread, as its relevant for those wondering about those how good his red is.
    Tatercat wrote:
    For those on the verge of champing 4* Luke Cage and needing motivation, I champed him Tuesday and here’s his numbers for yellow and red at 5 covers while boosted (from lvl 271 to 376) in the event:

yellowflag.png Fortifies up to 3 friendly special tiles, then does 4439 damage for each fortified tile on the board. Iron Fist partner creates a 712 protect tile.

redflag.png Does 18997 damage, or 30395 if there are no enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles on the board.

I’ve been doing 5/3/5 so far and he’s been fun, though he’d be more effective in a pvp with lots of Goon nodes, to constantly be triggering his black to generate protect tiles, which in turn he could then fortify. But there’s barely any goon nodes in DP vs MPQ, so there’s been lots of times when I’ve got yellow ready but can’t fire it. (Bring a special spamming partner).

But that red is a lot more impressive than I thought. Even if there are enemy special tiles out, 18997 damage at 13 red ap is actually more cost effective than a comparable level Hulkbuster at the same ap cost. Even my lvl 281 Hulkbuster (boosted to 379) came up short, with 1386 per red ap for a total 18018 damage for 13ap.

sure, almost everyone is great when event boosted but I really like that red.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    So I took the jump and decided to champ him. 350k iso later I'm not really regretting it.

Yes, his red is a fine nuke, but I've never really cared for nukes. Haven't bothered c hamping Hulkbuster yet, but I would agree that technically Cages red ability is more powerful.

I usually roll with a 5/5/3 build. I like have his black at 5 because it gives you the ability to erase enemy tiles.

I also think his yellow power is underrated. It stacks with all fortified tiles and is relatively cheap (8ap). I've been using Kingpin as a yellow battery and Mr. Fantastic as a fortified til generator. For five tiles he does 10k damage, 20k boosted.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Didn't realize that about his black at 5, good point.

I've been using him at 5/3/5 in the DP vs MPQ pve with Carnage (at 3/5/5) and Mr Fantastic (at 5/5/3). It's a bit slow so it's probably gonna cost me top 10 for Coulsen, but it's been a lotta fun playing these characters I never get a chance to use. Mr F's yellow and black synergize well with Cage's same colors and both MR F's black and blue give fortify tiles, making sure Cage's yellow gets that extra damage. Carnage outputs more special tiles for Cage to fortify so between the two of them, Cage's yellow oneshots people. And Mr F is constantly healing with all the special tiles that the other two leave behind being matched.

It won't work as well in pvp as carnage would always be firing his red before Cage could, and the team damage would throw off what Mr F could handle with his healing, but it's been a blast in this event.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I like teaming him up with IW and Mr. F for the current Deadpool PvE event. IW is boosted so her green nuke is really powerful at 5 cover. She can also help clearing enemy's special tiles to keep Luke's red damage high. Mr. F's yellow also help makes it faster to fire IW's green. Really enjoying this team so far icon_e_smile.gif