charge $10 for unlimited cover space

buy cover space is one of the most frustrating aspects. truly it is.

buying cover space = not fun
buying covers = fun (even if the rng hates you some days)
buying health = sometimes fun (if during a final rush of a tourney)

I encourage the devs to focus on encouraging people to buy covers, to do the fun things in the game. If I dont want to upgrade my cover space I have no desire/need to spend on covers as I have no where to put them, devs now lose on both streams of revenue

cover space is akin to games that give you a little tiny bit of energy and then charge you $1 each time to refill your bar. it's aggravating and we don't like it.

I suggest that if this is a revenue stream you feel you need then charge $10 for the ability to "remove cover limits" and essentially give those that purchase it max slots, 40/50/100 whatever you've deemed the max currently. those that want to go f2p can purchase slots for iso or hp to a point and then if they really like the game they can buy different gameplay, gameplay without nickle and diming on covers.

If you do make this change please consider those that have dropped 2000hp on cover space already, those that have >20 cover slots should get this upgrade as a thank you as they've already put in the equivalence of at least $20

Comments

• I do like the idea of a flat price to unlock certain things and cover space is a good example. $10 is most likely too low to be considered, though, maybe $20

I would like some kind of "Full Game" package available. Pay a premium game price ($50-$60?) and get X cover spaces, and specific set of character covers. All at base level, but something to give options out of the gate without making you too powerful and without forcing you to play the lottery of the hero packs.
  • I personally would never pay straight up 10 bucks for cover space. It's easier to swallow when it's a buck here and a buck there. And I would most definitely never cough up 50-60 for a premium game. Especially considering that other primo games range from 5-15 on Android. At least from what I've seen. Pay the same price as a PS3/4 or Xbox game? Don't think so!
  • pumkin wrote:
    I personally would never pay straight up 10 bucks for cover space. It's easier to swallow when it's a buck here and a buck there. And I would most definitely never cough up 50-60 for a premium game. Especially considering that other primo games range from 5-15 on Android. At least from what I've seen. Pay the same price as a PS3/4 or Xbox game? Don't think so!

hear that stupid dev? u raise th price for stupid slot, and you are gonna lose your customer. 50$+ for mobile game is so stupid. i prefer play pc/ps3/xbox game for this price

u want people pay more money? do it wisely and creatively!!
    1.sell hero packs with rare hero every pack
    2.implement trading cover between players
    3.update many character hero , at this rate , this game is becoming boring still lurking in prologue!!

please try play another suoer succesful TCG! they never limit character slot/cards [sometimes, but it was never as small as 40! and free too]

we want to buy cover, not cover slot, IDIOT!!
  • My suggestion for a "Full Game" package would not be a mandatory purchase. It could just be another option available to people. Sure, plenty of players, like MissMarvelBoobs and Pumkin, would never spend that much money on a mobile game, but we're talking about a population of players in the tens of thousands. I know people spend that much on mobile games because I have spent that much at this point myself with the number of high level ragnoraks and spider-men it's fairly evident that many have spent much more than that.

The joy of F2P is that you have the option of supporting the game with your wallet while getting a bit of a bonus or not and just playing it as is.

I can understand why a change in price can be frustrating but, especially for a player that has never given a dollar to the developer, I don't see how you really have room to complain.
  • From IceX: For the cover slot increase, I completely understand where you're coming from in that regard. However, announcing price changes is very much a double edged sword for precisely the reason you state. In changing the price, we want to see what the user reaction is. Do players still buy the item when the price is increased or do they stop at a certain point? Is that point before or after the old one? When we figure out the break points, we can figure out the point at which the most customers are still satisfied while still providing the item or service in question.

^^ this. this is why we have reason to complain. they devs need to know this is not cool.
  • I don't want to re-post, but since this seems like almost more of an appropriate place to post than where I did initially I will link my post.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96&p=5864#p5864

In summary, I feel strongly enough about this that I decided to be done with this game. (Decided after the update yesterday so did not participate in yesterdays events - don't see how I can feel ok spending money on a game that's associated costs could change at any minute).

Anyway, I'm done now. I had planned to be after the linked post, but didn't notice this one.

If a change is made, it's a bit too late for someone like me, but perhaps a change can be made to save the enjoyment for others who have not made that type of choice yet.