Champion rewards [By Character]

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa wrote:
    Yeah at this point there is probably no going back to add the newer 4* as champ rewards (unless they add new 3*, which would anger a large part of the player base) because too many people are too far along in the process. Imagine you have a character at level 182 and they change the 4* that is awarded on you! I think the dev logic is that once you progress up the champion rewards and have 4* champed, you should be earning enough legend tokens to randomly pick up the newer 4* covers at a decent place.

I disagree. I think it makes sense for each character to lead to a different character. Sure for those of us who have most of the 3's championed it's not super relevant (and 4s don't lead to 5s, so...) But I think a vast proportion of the playerbase is working on deciding which 3s to focus on and champion next, and that decision would be more meaningful if the progression chains could lead to newer, more exciting characters.

Dunno. Maybe it's pointless to change now. But as someone who's only champed half the 3s, with only a handful at 183 or above, thanks to power creep I'd rather be getting covers for new characters than old ones. As time goes on it's more likely that those covers are either immediately converted into 4-champ levels, or wasted covers for characters I don't have the ISO or covers to max.

Now that there's 40 4-stars the devs have to have some ideas in the pipeline to keep the token pulls coming... Maybe reevaluating champion chains could be part of that.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -2016&l=en

Finally, some updates...
    Updates to 3-Star Champion Rewards:

Lastly, with the start of the Power Gem Season, we will be updating a few 3-Star Champion rewards to introduce some of the newer 4-Star characters that have been released since the start of the Champion feature. See below for the changes.

Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
    Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) -> Luke Cage (Power Man)
    The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> The Punisher (MAX)
    Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
    Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Drax (The Destroyer)
    Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

That leaves 7 more Duped reward characters that they can address in another batch in the future: X-23, DPX, Chulk, GoT, XFW, Ghost Rider, & Cyclops.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    TarjanVK wrote:
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-10-10-2016&f=next-season-updates-october-17th-2016&l=en

Finally, some updates...
    Updates to 3-Star Champion Rewards:

Lastly, with the start of the Power Gem Season, we will be updating a few 3-Star Champion rewards to introduce some of the newer 4-Star characters that have been released since the start of the Champion feature. See below for the changes.

Captain Marvel (Modern) -> Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) -> Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
    Luke Cage (Hero For Hire) -> Luke Cage (Power Man)
    The Punisher (Dark Reign) -> The Punisher (MAX)
    Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) -> War Machine (James Rhodes)
    Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) -> Drax (The Destroyer)
    Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) -> Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    Sentry (Dark Avengers) -> Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
    Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) -> Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

That leaves 7 more Duped reward characters that they can address in another batch in the future: X-23, DPX, Chulk, GoT, XFW, Ghost Rider, & Cyclops.
    I'm a little surprised that Captain Marvel is not giving Spider-Woman covers, now they're both in the game and the rewards are being updated. Unless there will be more spider people to come in 3 star land?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shall we start predicting who will be in the next update? Here are my guesses

Vision -> wasp?
    Psylocke -> spider-woman?
    Blade -> obviously daywalker
    She-hulk -> medusa?
    Colossus -> nova?
    Ragnarok -> spider-gwen?
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Thanks aesthetocyst for updating that amazingly handy chart! I'll try to keep your latest versions at the top.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Due to the recent changes of 3* Champion Rewards:

Captain Marvel -> Red -> Yellow -> Blue (Peggy Carter)
    Iron Fist -> Black -> Blue -> Purple (Kate Bishop)
    Luke Cage -> Yellow -> Black -> Red (Luke Cage)
    The Punisher -> Black -> Green -> Blue (The Punisher)
    Quicksilver -> Red -> Blue -> Green (War Machine)
    Rocket & Groot -> Purple -> Black -> Red (Drax)
    Scarlet Witch -> Blue -> Green -> Yellow (Quake)
    Sentry -> Green -> Purple -> Black (Moon Knight)
    Steve Rogers -> Purple -> Red -> Blue (Winter Soldier)
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie wrote:

Vision -> wasp?
    She-hulk -> medusa?
    Colossus -> nova?
    Ragnarok -> spider-gwen?

Also, the rumored Doctor Strange 3* version is going to award a 4* -- Wasp or one of the Spider-Women would be my preference -- and will probably be out before the next round of changes.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Sidlon wrote:
    Thanks aesthetocyst for updating that amazingly handy chart! I'll try to keep your latest versions at the top.

Posted update with the order of colors on the new pairings.

If anyone finds it useful in this form for playing with other visualizations: https://gist.github.com/TetsujinOni/842 ... f88f981aa3
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Pongie wrote:

Vision -> wasp?
    She-hulk -> medusa?
    Colossus -> nova?
    Ragnarok -> spider-gwen?

Also, the rumored Doctor Strange 3* version is going to award a 4* -- Wasp or one of the Spider-Women would be my preference -- and will probably be out before the next round of changes.

Stochasticism said he yields Nova covers; no word about order.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Updated OP
  • So Thanos(modern) is now a thing.

Post here as soon as someone learns what the new star.pngstar.pngstar.png points at, for all the thumbs-up you can handle.

My guess: icon_starlord.png

My hope: icon_blade.png or icon_professorx.png (still a little salty over icon_scarletwitch.png 's change, soo...more things to Chuck)
  • Black Duke
    So Thanos(modern) is now a thing.

Post here as soon as someone learns what the new star.pngstar.pngstar.png points at, for all the thumbs-up you can handle.

My guess: icon_starlord.png

My hope: icon_blade.png or icon_professorx.png (still a little salty over icon_scarletwitch.png 's change, soo...more things to Chuck)
    I guess that Thanos will yield Gwenpool covers since they have the same color scheme ( greenflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png ).
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I'm thinking it's gotta be one that doesn't have a 3* generating covers.

My guess would be Wasp, since all Guardians are already covered, and she's the only Avenger left.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm betting that Thanos' choice of feeding Rulk is tied to Thor not feeding Rulk next update.

Which then leads to the question of who they would move to being fed by Thor next?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Hard to say. I think it's pretty likely that Kamala is going to start feeding the new Captain Marvel, though, considering they just changed 4* Captain Marvel to Peggy Carter a few months ago and Kamala and 3Storm both feed 4Thor. Hard to say how I'll feel about it, as I just got my first 4Thor cover from her recently. I guess it depends on what color CM cover would come first and if I get that cover or not in the PVE.
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Little correction: Scarlet Witch 265 reward is yellow Quake, not purple
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius wrote:
    Hard to say. I think it's pretty likely that Kamala is going to start feeding the new Captain Marvel, though, considering they just changed 4* Captain Marvel to Peggy Carter a few months ago and Kamala and 3Storm both feed 4Thor. Hard to say how I'll feel about it, as I just got my first 4Thor cover from her recently. I guess it depends on what color CM cover would come first and if I get that cover or not in the PVE.

If any, captain marvel modern should be feeding into the new Captain marvel. Same with Thor. It should be Thor all the way through. Perhaps they will move Peggy to Captain America and have someone else feed into Bucky (since this variant isn't a capt). Colossus? Both have metallic arms (yes, I know this is a long shot).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Ezrius wrote:

If any, captain marvel modern should be feeding into the new Captain marvel. Same with Thor. It should be Thor all the way through. Perhaps they will move Peggy to Captain America and have someone else feed into Bucky (since this variant isn't a capt). Colossus? Both have metallic arms (yes, I know this is a long shot).
    There's the whole Russian Connection too. It's not wholly nonsensical at least.
  • Black Duke
    Quebbster wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    Ezrius wrote:

There's the whole Russian Connection too. It's not wholly nonsensical at least.
    Interesting approaches. I guess that every 4* character (with the exception of Devil Dino & Howard) should have at least one feeder. The whole feeder system is obsolete since we have way more 4* characters than a year ago. So it need to be updated. Here are my thoughts:

Blade -> Blade (the most obviously change)
    Captain Marvel -> Captain Marvel (same as Blade)
    Storm -> Gwenpool (X-Men connection (?) & 2 color overlap)
    Kamala Khan -> Medusa (Inhumans connection)
    Steve Rogers -> Peggy Carter (variant of Captain America)
    She-Hulk -> Spider-Gwen (?)
    Psylocke -> Spider-Woman (2 color overlap)
    Thor -> Thora
    Ragnarok -> Agent Venom (?)
    Vision -> Wasp (Avengers connection)
    Colossus -> Winter Soldier (Russia connection & both have metallic arms icon_e_wink.gif )
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    How do 5* champion levels work? Is it still 15 levels per cover after lvl 450? What are the rewards for each 5* champ level?