Place your bets: Winter Soldier's Crash!

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
We have dev confirmation that Bucky is next up in the DDQ, so let's start the speculation about who he might fight!
I saw someone mention Black Panther, and while that would be Movie accurate I don't Think it would make an exciting fight. Personally, I Think Grey Suit Black Widow could work well - there's the sniper motif, and there is some rivalry between the two in the MCU too. Heck, they might even go with the fivestar Widow, who knows?
My Buky is 4/4/3 and level 188 at the moment, I am Confident he'll get the job done no matter who he faces.

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    If his enemy is also a 4*-character, I could imagine that Bucky will face War Machine.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the Iron Man variants would make sense.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    One of the Round 8 bosses from Boss Rush is my guess. These LTs are getting to easy to get.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Bucky is purple/blue/red. They've usually had at least one color overlap, so Black Panther is a possibility, but a longshot one (IMO).

I think the thought of GSBW, War Machine, or Battery Man is a good set of ideas - two colors overlap no matter what, there's some measure of tie in to either theme or movie, and (if it's against Battery Man), there's a single devastating power that you have to block at all costs.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think War Machine makes a lot of sense in theme and two matching colors. Definitely someone on the other side in MCU Civil War.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straight out of Captain America Civil War, Black Panther
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll guess 3* Steve...
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    I'll guess 3* Steve...

I like that guess. Thematic, 2 colour. Not enemies, but friends. Sticks to the Civil War theme.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_blackpanther.png it is!

I'm not optimistic with my 3/1/0. I'll wait and see what everyone else's experience is before even attempting.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Tried a couple of times with my 1/1/1 but that ain't happening.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I just won it using a level 168 Winter Solider with 2 purpleflag.png 5 redflag.png . I boosted purple and red. I tried to deny yellow and black while building red. He got off one Rage of the Panther and I got off two Moving Target. I used Precision Shot to match my countdown tiles, mainly.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    won with lvl 155 5/1/3

Deny yellow and black. The strike tile damage will kill you fast so use your purple on yellow tiles to destroy his ap if you must.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5, 120, no boosts, 1 shot. Deny black/yellow, launch red when available, use purple to drain his black

CLC12py.png?1
  • 1/3/1 l131 WS..I don't think he'll do it, but let's try
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Managed it on my second attempt without any boosts. Since my Bucky`s build is 1/2/5 (level 172) my strategy was to deny black and gather red as soon as possible. Due to a few lucky cascades BP was able to use his "Rage of the Panther" which has nearly downed me (only 1.5k health was left). But thanks to Bucky`s "Precision Shot" I was able to launch the "Moving Target". I matched the red cd tile quickly away and downed BP immediately.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    Straight out of Captain America Civil War, Black Panther

Good call!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Beat icon_blackpanther.png 5/1/4, lvl 90. No boosts.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is 1/1/3 at max capped level. Gave it a try w/o boosts but I don't think it will be too likely even with boosting.

On the bright side, a Taco Token from today gave me one of the other 4*s in the Taco Vault, Punisher MAX Green.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    My 2/0/1 level 90 isn't getting it done. If that changes I'll update of course, but so far looks like this one requires some respectable covers to complete.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I think my 2/0/2 level 90 will watch from the sidelines unless I see someone else get it with similar