Player Shield Agents

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Since we'll soon have alliances, we should be able to get some sort of Shield Agent to stand in for us.

For example, for an alliance action, I might need to bring in B@con Magic's agent, and that agent might bring me
1 green + 1 Black per turn.
Green power (7 AP) Shock grenade. Put up a level 3 timer icon. If it expires, the enemy
team is shocked for 2 turns.

Each person would be able to design their SHIELD agent. 3 male/female images to choose from.
An agent would initially pull in 1 AP of a chosen color per turn, with more possible from promotions.
An agent could initially select one power matching their chosen color, with more possible from promotion.

Comments

• I would totally be for being able to create and level up Agent Maggotbreath. Start it off with Iso to level and a couple small utility abilities. Add perhaps a talent tree that could alternately be an HP dump (coughmoneymakercough).
  • I'm all for a customizable avatar. But if it has to have game abilities, it would be very hard to make this balanced between game-breaking and useless, and would most likely result in either of those two.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    I'm all for a customizable avatar. But if it has to have game abilities, it would be very hard to make this balanced between game-breaking and useless, and would most likely result in either of those two.

All agents should start out mostly useless, but they *would* generate 1 or 2 AP per turn. And you could likely pick from the agents in your alliance, so you might have control over what those colors were.

Agent should be helpful, but not a match for the superheros/supervillains.
  • Exactly what I'm saying. I'll have mine generate 2 blues, Spidey+Patch will be VERY happy about the resulting slaughterfest.

(first example that comes to my mind, but I can just say purple+OBW, or yellow+IM40 etc)

Now you see why we can't have this? icon_e_wink.gif
    Enemy AI can be challenging with these rules with heroes+mooks, an actual brain with this setting, is asking for pure abuse and power play. Then everything would have to be funbalanced to IM35 level icon_e_confused.gif