shortnamed's account locked

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
What the hell is going on here? One of our coalition has been locked out of events for a week now!! This facebook login bug is an old one, I've suffered from it myself and it didn't take a week to fix! This is costing me coalition prizes dammit!

Are you ignoring him because he's not causing ruckus in the forums? Well consider this some ruckus. He might be a nice guy but I'm afraid some of his teammates are a bit more of a pain in the ****.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sort it out instead of telling him that his request is "in a queue"!!
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread is now in a queue for review. Thank you for your submittal and have a nice day!
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi Shteev

My response from customer services for the same issue is that I had to start the tutorial and get to the point of naming my new account then they could overwrite it with my Avahad account- but thankfully for me simply starting the tutorial got me back as me........
    If like me you teammate was too scared to hit start tutorial it may be worth them giving it a shot.......
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi,

We are experiencing some longer than usual wait times in Customer Support right now due to an increase in tickets in recent days. Apologies for the inconvenience. We've added some additional Support agents and recently added weekend hours, so ticket-submitters should see faster response times soon.

If shortnamed wants to send me a PM with their ticket number I can see if I can help in any way. Thanks.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

We are experiencing some longer than usual wait times in Customer Support right now due to an increase in tickets in recent days. Apologies for the inconvenience. We've added some additional Support agents and recently added weekend hours, so ticket-submitters should see faster response times soon.

If shortnamed wants to send me a PM with their ticket number I can see if I can help in any way. Thanks.

I really hate it when whining loudly allows people to jump the queue.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

I usually whine like this and things still get taken care of.
  • shteev
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Why would you create such a negative experience for yourself? Why not just ignore it? Those are, after all, your 2 options.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

Why would you create such a negative experience for yourself? Why not just ignore it? Those are, after all, your 2 options.

Edit because I find your reply too incredulous :

Are you seriously asking me why I can't just ignore people who jump queues in a thread you started complaining about long response times?
  • Nitymp
    Options
    Probably as accounts being completely locked vs a ticket about something else shouldn't be in the same "queue".

Probably because a queue and a backlog gets formed because support will always ask the same script questions without actually reading the emails. On top of requesting the EXACT SAME information that is provided by players on an email.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Probably as accounts being completely locked vs a ticket about something else shouldn't be in the same "queue".

Probably because a queue and a backlog gets formed because support will always ask the same script questions without actually reading the emails. On top of requesting the EXACT SAME information that is provided by players on an email.

Unless your friend is the only person who has his account locked (he's really not), your argument makes no sense.

D3go support is bad, of that there is no question. I'm just saying I don't like the practice of only escalating the tickets of people who complain.

David should be offering to put locked account complaints as top priority, not giving special treatment to just the people who are complaining the loudest.
  • Nitymp
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    David should be offering to put locked account complaints as top priority, not giving special treatment to just the people who are complaining the loudest.

This is what I meant, I just worded it pretty badly considering I just woke up at the time icon_razz.gif
  • HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    Options
    Changes can't be anticipated before the discomfort reaches a certain treshold. Consider the sucessful queue-jumping as a reward for triggering those changes earlier for the rest of the herd too. Not everyone enjoys being an @sshole, but that IS the behavior which makes things change. If everyone always stayed in the line we'd be still hanging on trees.

For example: They installed a chat button (chat is clearly works via the server), but not one for gathering the relevant match data when an in-game freeze occurs, storing it on your device and send it to the server when it can be done? Has anyone complained about that? No. Is the button there yet? Nope. Ok, putting that in is more difficult than that but far from impossible.

I think it's the wrong impression to see the constant complaining as a bother. It's a(n irritating) sign that these players still care for the game, otherwise they won't be here.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    HunMike wrote:
    Changes can't be anticipated before the discomfort reaches a certain treshold. Consider the sucessful queue-jumping as a reward for triggering those changes earlier for the rest of the herd too. Not everyone enjoys being an @sshole, but that IS the behavior which makes things change. If everyone always stayed in the line we'd be still hanging on trees.

For example: They installed a chat button (chat is clearly works via the server), but not one for gathering the relevant match data when an in-game freeze occurs, storing it on your device and send it to the server when it can be done? Has anyone complained about that? No. Is the button there yet? Nope. Ok, putting that in is more difficult than that but far from impossible.

I think it's the wrong impression to see the constant complaining as a bother. It's a(n irritating) sign that these players still care for the game, otherwise they won't be here.

I wish I had your optimism, but if complaining had improved things, David wouldn't be asking for a pm. He would be approaching his support staff and asking for everyone with this problem be bumped up the list.

The queue jumping is only rewarding people who are impatient and loud. Everyone patiently waiting gets ****. It's basically a tax on etiquette. How pissed would you be if you're waiting to be seated at a table and someone who came later than you got the table because they complained about the wait? Would you seriously tell yourself they deserve it as a reward?
  • shteev
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    The queue jumping is only rewarding people who are impatient and loud. Everyone patiently waiting gets ****. It's basically a tax on etiquette. How pissed would you be if you're waiting to be seated at a table and someone who came later than you got the table because they complained about the wait? Would you seriously tell yourself they deserve it as a reward?

The system of resolving tie-breakers in the support queue is completely fair. Everyone has the same opportunity to whinge loudly on the forums to have their ticket prioritised, so nobody gets an unfair advantage over anyone else. I really don't see what your problem is.
  • HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    Options
    Ohboy:
    It's not the complaining that gets te job done but the urge to get rid of the source of discomfort.
    In this case, taking steev's point of view, this one issue put a whole (i presume top) coalition behind. -1 member constantly is a serious setback, most likely -20 mythics per event. Should every member hand in a ticket for the same issue? Would it be worth prioritising then? Sticking to your example with the table: i'd most likely demanded the same treatment with moderate politeness first, less if it didn't work, handing the problem over to the next guest. But if i were left without table with my 19 friends, well let's just say the first few drinks were on the house then. Either financially or literally, owners pick. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Steev:
    You speak sarcasm as a second language. icon_lol.gif
    I didn't get what you tried to achieve with it but it sure was fun to read. Would be a shame if a couple words backfired later, wouldn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Ohboy
    Options
    HunMike wrote:
    Ohboy:
    It's not the complaining that gets te job done but the urge to get rid of the source of discomfort.
    In this case, taking steev's point of view, this one issue put a whole (i presume top) coalition behind. -1 member constantly is a serious setback, most likely -20 mythics per event. Should every member hand in a ticket for the same issue? Would it be worth prioritising then? Sticking to your example with the table: i'd most likely demanded the same treatment with moderate politeness first, less if it didn't work, handing the problem over to the next guest. But if i were left without table with my 19 friends, well let's just say the first few drinks were on the house then. Either financially or literally, owners pick. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Steev:
    You speak sarcasm as a second language. icon_lol.gif
    I didn't get what you tried to achieve with it but it sure was fun to read. Would be a shame if a couple words backfired later, wouldn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif

I might not have made my position clear. I'm fine with complaining about bad service. I'm not happy about allowing only the complainers jump queue to shut them up.

There's a subtle difference. Allowing shteev's buddy to jump queue is good for him and screws over everyone else in the queue. That's why he told me to ignore it and shut up. Shteev understood it wasn't for the greater good, but it's a great result for him and his pals. Shteev isn't an advocate for better practices here. Our goals diverged the moment he was offered an advantage. It would be extremely ironic if all the delays from support turned out to be because people privately contacting David were jumping the queue, leaving the people who followed the rules of logging tickets to get screwed over.

What David should do is look into and fix the systematic problem, and escalate all cases regarding frozen accounts.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HunMike wrote:
    In this case, taking steev's point of view, this one issue put a whole (i presume top) coalition behind. -1 member constantly is a serious setback, most likely -20 mythics per event.
    GoblinPile was never in jeopardy of losing their coalition mythic for event placement. It could have an effect on their ability to stay in the top 2, but since top 10 gets a mythic, that shouldn't be part of the discussion.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Being a member of goblinpile I can tell you that we support and help each other as much as we can. I for one am glad to have an outspoken person such as shteev in my coalition. I also just wanted shortnamed to get his account back in a timely manner. I lost my account before and it only took them 4 days to retrieve which I thought was fine. Shortnamed was going on 10 days I believe. shteev had every right to try and help his fellow coalition member and I encourage the rest of you to do the same.
  • shteev
    Options
    HunMike wrote:
    In this case, taking steev's point of view, this one issue put a whole (i presume top) coalition behind. -1 member constantly is a serious setback, most likely -20 mythics per event.
    GoblinPile was never in jeopardy of losing their coalition mythic for event placement. It could have an effect on their ability to stay in the top 2, but since top 10 gets a mythic, that shouldn't be part of the discussion.

We've lost Murtagon too now, since he committed the heinous crime of mastering too many cards and is now locked out of the latest event. Give us a week or two to lose a few more members and we'll be dropping out of the top 10 for sure.

P.S. Can I just take this opportunity to advocate for better practices?