Steve Rogers (Howling Commando)

Options
Starsaber
Starsaber Posts: 206
edited October 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
In honor of the 75th anniversary Cap vault, I decided to go ahead and finish the World War 2 Captain America idea I've had bouncing around in my head for a while. I didn't figure out scaling the damage out to max level, but this should give a base idea of how he'd work.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Steve Rogers (Howling Commando)
redflag.png Shield Ricochet 10 AP
Captain America aims his shield to hit as many targets as possible. Deal 836 damage to the target and create a 3 turn red countdown tile that deals 608 damage to a random enemy, then creates a new Shield Ricochet tile.
Level 2: Deals 1166 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 848 damage
Level 3: Deals 1507 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 1096 damage
Level 4: Reduce countdown tile by 1
Level 5: Deals 2300 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 1600 damage

yellowflag.png Motivational Charge 9 AP
Captain America leads from the front, motivating his team to greater achievements. Create a 2 turn yellow countdown tile that increases team damage by 10%. While active, Captain America moves to the front at the end of each turn.
Level 2: Team damage is increased by 15%
Level 3: Team damage is increased by 20%. Countdown increases by 1 turn.
Level 4: Team damage is increased by 25%
Level 5: Team damage is increased by 35%. Countdown increases by 1 turn.

blueflag.png I Can Do This All Day 8 AP
Captain America’s resilience allows him to keep fighting when any lesser man would fall. Heals Captain America for 462 Health (true heal)
Level 2: Captain America heals himself for 540 health
Level 3: Captain America heals himself for 618 health
Level 4: Captain America heals himself for 774 health
Level 5: Captain America heals himself for 1086 health

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I clicked on this expecting a Cap-Wolf build and now I am just extremely disappointed...
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The blue heal seems a little bland. Since both of his other powers create countdown tiles, maybe turn the the blue into a passive that heals him whenever a friendly countdown tile concludes/finishes.

Yellow might be too OP in some situations (HB punch, other one-hit style powers, etc.), if the 35% applies to any type of damage. Maybe it should be an amount rather than a %, or only apply to match damage, or both.

Red is good. I like it.

I assume all these numbers are base and would see a roughly 95% increase for max level?
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    moss04 wrote:
    The blue heal seems a little bland. Since both of his other powers create countdown tiles, maybe turn the the blue into a passive that heals him whenever a friendly countdown tile concludes/finishes.

Yellow might be too OP in some situations (HB punch, other one-hit style powers, etc.), if the 35% applies to any type of damage. Maybe it should be an amount rather than a %, or only apply to match damage, or both.

Red is good. I like it.

I assume all these numbers are base and would see a roughly 95% increase for max level?

I like that idea for the blue.

I suppose the yellow only applying to match damage would be fair, but with Cap taking all non AOE damage while the countdown is out, there is a definite drawback as well.

Yeah, they're all the base level numbers.
  • odjntrade
    odjntrade Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like it though I feel like that yellow would be better without a percentage. Produce a special countdown tile that can't be matched, like bolt's motivation, that acts as both strike and protect tile, same as vision's countdown as a strike or protect, and keeps cap in front.

Idea is that he is charging with the shield blocking damage and letting allies follow close to strike at the enemy. Flat bonus to def/off means fair distribution to AoE and match damage, having him in front guarantees he takes damage and def bonus lowers AoE damage to allies.
  • odjntrade
    odjntrade Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How I would make it. Like the red so kept it the same.

redflag.png Shield Ricochet 10 AP
    Captain America aims his shield to hit as many targets as possible. Deal 836 damage to the target and create a 3 turn red countdown tile that deals 608 damage to a random enemy, then creates a new Shield Ricochet tile.

Level 2: Deals 1166 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 848 damage
    Level 3: Deals 1507 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 1096 damage
    Level 4: Reduce countdown tile by 1
    Level 5: Deals 2300 damage to the target. Countdown tile deals 1600 damage

yellowflag.png In Formation 12 AP
    Captain America pulls his team in close behind him and move as one. Creates a 2 turn formation tile that can't be destroyed or matched. While on the board acts as a 300 protect tile.

Level 2: increases duration by 1 and acts as 400 strength protect tile.
    Level 3: acts as 500 strength protect tile, and 100 strength attack tile for each ally still in the fight
    Level 4: increase duration by 1, acts as a 500 strength protect tile and 200 strength attack tile for each ally still in the fight.
    Level 5: acts as 600 strength protect tile, and 300 strength strike and attack tiles for each ally still in the fight.

blueflag.png Concealed Plans 8AP
    Trained in WWII tactics, Steve Rogers maintains public maneuvers as distractions while enacting his true strategy in secret. When activated creates 3 countdown tiles that each restore 1 blue.
    Passive: Steve Rogers heals his team by 100 when a friendly countdown tile is matched or destroyed.

Level 2: reduces cost by 1 and heals 120
    Level 3: creates 4 tiles and heals 150. Each countdown now restores 1 blue and 1 yellow
    Level 4: heals 180 and hits enemy for 200 when a friendly countdown tile is matched or destroyed
    Level 5: reduces cost by 1, heals 250 and hits enemy for 500. each countdown tile now restores 1 blue, 1 yellow and 1 red.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always kind of dug Cap's trick shots. Typically, he'd bounce the shield off walls, ground, other objects. It might be interesting to use that. Deals damage to target. If the enemy team has a Strike, Attack, Protect, the shield ricochets off of a random one, damaging it by (amount) in the process. Further levels increase the direct damage, but also the number of ricochets possible, with more reduction to the tile hit on each ricochet. At level 5, can hit five enemy tiles, destroying the fifth tile. It could be percentage based, 20% reduction for first, then 40%, 60%, 80%, and finally, tile destroyed. Earlier ranks wouldn't increase by the same degrees, starting at 10~15% and increasing in smaller amounts than rank 5 has.