Tournament points not adding correctly

Options
This doesn't happen all the time, but I've noticed it more than once now... you battle someone, win, and the points after winning show with the proper total (your points before + points expected from them). Go out to the lobby and... nope, wrong score. Usually off only by a couple of points. And no, there was no attack by anyone else.

Case in point just now - I had 475 points in IM Tournament. I selected someone who would give me 25 points. Winning screen shows 500 pts. But no 500 pt reward, and lobby screen shows 498.

No attack by some 800 point person that would take 2 points from me. No new retaliation target either.

Hypothesis -- they were attacked by someone else while I was playing, and so the server is calculating my score increase based on their score at the end of the match rather than the score at the start. That's a bug.

Comments

• I can second this. I noticed it all through my free for all tourney. It's always off by 2 or so points and nothing about any attacks.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    BUMP.

This should be looked into by the devs. I am having this problem over and over. I was trying to reach 800 and up to three times I should have reached that according to the points my opponent was giving away. After winning the match the game would tell me that I reached 800, but then, uppon entering the lobby: *poof!* about ten points magically disappeared.

Last time this happened I took screenshots, so take a look:

image.png
    Notice I have 777 points.

image.png
    See here how the 34 points should give me 811 points total.

image.png
    Hurray! I won on first attempt. Good for me. And look: the game awards me with 34 points. Thank you, game.

image.png
    But wait, what kind of evil sorcery is this? Why do I suddenly have nine points less? I was not, and let me repeat that to make it clear, I was NOT attacked during this battle.

Like I said before: this happens all the time. But while aiming for 800 it got really anoying, it took me three attempts (that under normal circumstanced would have taken me one) to get there, barely.
  • This problem have happen since moonstone award tour till now !!
  • Agreed. I just won a 20 pointer and ended up with 11.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Happened again. The game was off by only one point, but still.
  • i have a feeling its due to the person you are attacking dropping rank. (altho doesn't explain why if he goes up in rank, you get more points, cuz that's never ever happened before.)
  • It gets worse and worse the faster you defeat teams. I busted out 5 matches in about 10 minutes and the difference was up to 30 points.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i have a feeling its due to the person you are attacking dropping rank. (altho doesn't explain why if he goes up in rank, you get more points, cuz that's never ever happened before.)
    This is why.
  • Snickity
    Options
    I have seen my points go up as well as down.

After the match, when the results are submitted to the servers, is when the points for the match are determined. The faster you defeat your opponent, the less you'll see this happen. People attacking you will have the same thing happen and points taken away from you will adjusted in the same way.

Think if 3 opponents with 800 pts attacked you at the same time while you're idle with 900 pts. They all think they'll get ~30 points for defeating you and the first one to defeat you will get the full amount and you'll lose ~20 pts. The next one to defeat you will get 1-2 points less than they were expecting b/c your total has decrease and you'll also lose 1-2 points less. Finally, the third opponent defeats you and will receive 4-6 pts less than expected, and you'll probably lose 3-4 points less than you would've had you still been at 900 pts.

Results:
    Expected/Actual
    Op 1 -> 830/830
    Op 2 -> 830/828
    Op 3 -> 830/824
    You - > 840/846
    (Points awarded and taken are estimates, I'm not sure how they're calculated.)