Punished Because I Know How To Play

Options
2»

Comments

• MarvelMan wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's not an issue of MMR.....There's no reason for the MMR to take account of the featured hero because that's supposed to be transient......You don't get punished for having an espcially high featured hero, so why should you get rewarded for having an especially low hero?

It is an MMR issue in that it doesnt factor in where your ISO/covers were spent. Adding a little bit of intelligence to the MMR would go a long ways towards making it fair. Factoring in where the featured is in your roster would help you actually play against equivalent teams, which is the goal right?

The only downsides I see are that it could result in a narrow point bracket similar to MMR Hell and you would consistently take more damage (bad for players, good for devs as that equals more spent on health packs) because you would actually be fighting teams closer to your actual strength.

Then that will overwhelmingly favor the guy without the featured character. Let's say we have all have 10 level 100 characters (balanced roster), but I have a 141 Patch and you have a level 141 IM40 and I don't have IM40 while you don't have Patch. If MMR accounts for featured character by say giving double weight to the level of the featured hero, then your level 141 IM40 will result you getting matched against world-beater teams, while my lack of IM40 means I should be matched against a team of total level of 141+100+15*2 = 271. That could be a level 50 IM40 + 2 level 85 characters, which is quite easily defeated by my roster of loaned IM40 + level 141 Patch + some other level 100 guy.

It's not exactly a secret that the game rewards you for spending in the current featured character. When Ares was featured in 3 tournaments in a row, getting him to level 85 allows you to punch way above your weight, and things will be rough for a while after Ares is no longer boosted, but hopefully you got something out of those 3 tournaments where Ares was killing 2 guys in one turn.