What Order Should I Level My PWs in?

Options
Shadow-Mage
Shadow-Mage Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
So, I am looking for some advice regarding what order to level the remainder of my un-leveled Planeswalkers in. I have all the Planeswalkers besides Saheeli Rae and Sarkan Vol at the moment. The strategy I had up to now was to take at least one PW of each single color and fully level them then move on to the dual color ones. The issue is that as events evolve I know that this strategy may hinder how I am able to play events and strategies usable.

I would like to know your suggestions regarding my remaining PWs to be leveled based on your own experiences with them (Please see lists below for details on current PW levels):

Level 60 PlanesWalkers
Chandra, Roaring Flame
Garruk Wildspeaker
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Jace, Telepath Unbound (original Jace)
Kiora, Master of the Depths
Liliana, Defiant Necromancer
Nahiri, The Harbringer (Level 58 but will be level 60 by end of today if all goes well)

Other Planeswalkers (Level)
Ajani Vengeant (Level 30)
Arlinn Kord (Level 19)
Gideon, Battle-Forged (Level 31)
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets AKA Jace 2.0 (Level 30)
Koth of the Hammer (Level 30)
Nissa, Sage Animist (Level 31)
Ob Nixilis, Reignited (Level 30)
Sorin, Grim Nemesis (Level 30)
Tezzeret The Seeker (Level 31)

Let me know the order you would level them and why? I leveled them all up to around level 30 together but after 30 doing it with that many gets very difficult so I am going to do it one by one.

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Which planeswalker to level up next really depends on your card library. Below are my personal opinions on each planeswalker's power level. From your posts in the various planeswalker discussion topics, it looks like you have quite a decent collection so I'm assuming you have at least decent cards for each planeswalker.

It looks like you have good planeswalkers to fill out Green, Blue, White and to some extent Red. So I'd say probably target boosting up Black then perhaps Red. If so then I'd think it'll be good to focus on levelling Ob Nixilis and Koth if you're short on runes. If you're not all that short on runes, you can consider levelling Arlinn Kord instead of Koth as she will probably synergise really well with cards from Eldritch Moon. Koth is still a good planeswalker to level up but Arlinn Kord is more 'future-proof' so to speak. Also Black is a higher priority than Red since you at least have Nahiri to cover Red with Ally Gideon covering White. Sorin is another option for Black if you can figure out how to make a strong deck for him.

Unraveler Jace is really strong so you should also consider levelling him up as soon as possible. However if your concern is covering each colour adequately then it becomes less important levelling Unraveler Jace. Garruk is stronger than Origins Jace and hence you're probably already assigning Kiora to Blue nodes. So you need to be confident of building a deck for Unraveler Jace that is stronger than your Garruk to want to shift Kiora to the Green nodes to make space for Unraveler Jace. Shouldn't be hard but it's definitely a consideration. Furthermore if you choose to level Arlinn Kord first, she doubles as a good Red or Green planeswalker which means Kiora becomes that bit more likely to stay as your go-to Blue planeswalker. But he is still a good option to level once you have rounded out your colours.

On a sidenote, I've seen your posts on the various planeswalker discussion threads. For the extent of feedback that you're requesting for, I suggest you instead consider joining the MTGPQ Slack chat (PM majincob for an invite) to ask for advice there, find an active coalition to discuss strategy with, or you can join my coalition's Whatsapp groupchat (PM me for info) which is where we discuss deckbuilding ideas and strategies.
  • Shadow-Mage
    Shadow-Mage Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Which planeswalker to level up next really depends on your card library. Below are my personal opinions on each planeswalker's power level. From your posts in the various planeswalker discussion topics, it looks like you have quite a decent collection so I'm assuming you have at least decent cards for each planeswalker.

It looks like you have good planeswalkers to fill out Green, Blue, White and to some extent Red. So I'd say probably target boosting up Black then perhaps Red. If so then I'd think it'll be good to focus on levelling Ob Nixilis and Koth if you're short on runes. If you're not all that short on runes, you can consider levelling Arlinn Kord instead of Koth as she will probably synergise really well with cards from Eldritch Moon. Koth is still a good planeswalker to level up but Arlinn Kord is more 'future-proof' so to speak. Also Black is a higher priority than Red since you at least have Nahiri to cover Red with Ally Gideon covering White. Sorin is another option for Black if you can figure out how to make a strong deck for him.

Unraveler Jace is really strong so you should also consider levelling him up as soon as possible. However if your concern is covering each colour adequately then it becomes less important levelling Unraveler Jace. Garruk is stronger than Origins Jace and hence you're probably already assigning Kiora to Blue nodes. So you need to be confident of building a deck for Unraveler Jace that is stronger than your Garruk to want to shift Kiora to the Green nodes to make space for Unraveler Jace. Shouldn't be hard but it's definitely a consideration. Furthermore if you choose to level Arlinn Kord first, she doubles as a good Red or Green planeswalker which means Kiora becomes that bit more likely to stay as your go-to Blue planeswalker. But he is still a good option to level once you have rounded out your colours.

On a sidenote, I've seen your posts on the various planeswalker discussion threads. For the extent of feedback that you're requesting for, I suggest you instead consider joining the MTGPQ Slack chat (PM majincob for an invite) to ask for advice there, find an active coalition to discuss strategy with, or you can join my coalition's Whatsapp groupchat (PM me for info) which is where we discuss deckbuilding ideas and strategies.

Thank you so much for the information and the deep analysis. I have reached out to both you and Majincob in private and hope to discuss the topic further soon.