that **** shadowy character in the loading screen

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, was wondering how the passive would work to do what it said. Active makes more sense. Protect tiles do not. I hope she throws out other tile types at later ranks. And I have no idea what to make of that minigame.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    And I have no idea what to make of that minigame.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Damage - 9 AP - Match a special tile to transform this power and deal damage randomly to the enemy team.[/list]

Match the tile, pick the power of another hero to deal damage.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta say, I find the character concept rather lame. A bad Deadpool + Spider-Gwen love-child / ripoff. I don't expect much originality from Marvel these days anyway, mind you, but this one strikes me as particularly groan-inducing.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    The comic is actually pretty good. Try it
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the in-game preview, Black is active and green is passive...
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Whoever wrote the in-game bio did an excellent job. It is appreciated.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wait....she mimics ANOTHER person's powers?

They really should have held onto that for Rogue. Even if it takes several more years to acquire her rights. lol. Or another Mystique. Or Mimic.

Heck, even Taskmaster, who they already have the rights to, even though I think he's incredibly lame.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    Wait....she mimics ANOTHER person's powers?

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52825&p=580233

No power stealing confirmed (yet). Looking more like old-school "cheats"
    1 3 5 - Destroy row #2
    1 3 8 - big head mode
    1 4 7 - 1337 mode. Change ability text to 1337 5p34k
    2 5 8 - "Struggle". Deal 2 damage and generate 5 purple AP
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this someone that actually pairs well with wasp and makes use of her yellow? 5 in black makes some beefy protects which you could then flip into really beefy strikes. Main problem is both characters have very low health.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    No official stats yet?

Sploits is useful for selected row destruction, or to get rid of pesky attack tiles.
    Plot Armor is weak. The Protect tiles are good but the drawback is severe. I'd only use it if the enemy team has a nuke ready.
    Green: It's usually easy to get rid of the tile. It does good damage (3000x3 at level 191). It's a winner.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Is she anniversary only ?
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    No official stats yet?

Sploits is useful for selected row destruction, or to get rid of pesky attack tiles.
    Plot Armor is weak. The Protect tiles are good but the drawback is severe. I'd only use it if the enemy team has a nuke ready.
    Green: It's usually easy to get rid of the tile. It does good damage (3000x3 at level 191). It's a winner.

Agree on all points Ozark. I will add that Sploits can destroy Countdown for Wat too, though not as good as quake. Chekov gun is a joke on a supposedly joke skill, because even if the AI destroys it or matches it away, you will still gain the ability. 3000x3 looks to be very low, considering from 1 cover to 2 it jumps from 150-650 in dmg
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    That would be nice to know. Especially for those people (like me) who have already gathered more than three cover for her.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    That would be nice to know. Especially for those people (like me) who have already gathered more than three cover for her.
    Since she wasn't announced to be a limited release I assume she is a permanent addition. Particularly since she should be the final progression reward in next season's SHIELD simulator.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I would be exceptionally happy if we got a full, official write-up of her powers now that d3's made an honest woman out of her.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    BearVenger wrote:
    I would be exceptionally happy if we got a full, official write-up of her powers now that d3's made an honest woman out of her.

This is ESPECIALLY needed for her since her green and purple powers both provide no information on what extra covers do in the game (both descriptions remain the same at 1-5 covers. Green at least you can see what the benefit of 1 additional cover is.)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Don't worry guys, my video is currently being edited. It will take a bit longer since my mic lost power in the middle and I have to do voiceover work, but I tried to show every permutation of purple at all cover levels. Pretty much purple has different damage for:

1) rows/columns/random tile destruction
    2) corner
    3) special tile removal
    4) some jokes do damage

Corner gives back 5 AP after using so it only costs 4. Random tile destruction goes from 5 tiles destroyed at 3 covers to 7 at 5 covers. Jokes give back 5 AP.
    Chekhov's gun always dishes out full damage, but it is random if it all hits one enemy or multiple.
    Her black only sends your team airborne for one enemy turn, meaning if you use it at the end of a turn right before an AOE attack comes in, it can save your teammates from damage.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Don't worry guys, my video is currently being edited. It will take a bit longer since my mic lost power in the middle and I have to do voiceover work, but I tried to show every permutation of purple at all cover levels. Pretty much purple has different damage for:

2) corner
    3) special tile removal
    4) some jokes do damage

Corner gives back 5 AP after using so it only costs 4. Random tile destruction goes from 5 tiles destroyed at 3 covers to 7 at 5 covers. Jokes give back 5 AP.
    Chekhov's gun always dishes out full damage, but it is random if it all hits one enemy or multiple.
    Her black only sends your team airborne for one enemy turn, meaning if you use it at the end of a turn right before an AOE attack comes in, it can save your teammates from damage.

Have you seen viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52825
  • notamutant
    notamutant wrote:

2) corner
    3) special tile removal
    4) some jokes do damage

Have you seen viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52825

Yes, it was very helpful saving time. No numbers were there though for damage amount or numbers of tiles destroyed.
  • notamutant
    https://youtu.be/6NUM51jQ5lo

Okay, I am sorry if this was a bit long, but it took a while to use the purple so many times. The video shows all her skills and different effects of purple, except for big head. I had recorded a couple more joke ones, but something screwed up during recording.