Gwenpool 'sploits codes

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Using the loaner with 4 covers, I notices a few things.

- Corner destruction returns 5 AP.
    - All of the 'real' abilities deal damage.
    - The joke abilities randomly switch between Struggle, Pink, and 1337.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Anyone else disappointed that Big Head Mode only seems to make Gwen's head big? I was looking forward to a hydrocephalic Prof. X.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using the loaner with 4 covers, I notices a few things.

- Corner destruction returns 5 AP.
    - All of the 'real' abilities deal damage.
    - The joke abilities randomly switch between Struggle, Pink, and 1337.

How much damage?

Do all joke abilities switch randomly or just some. Codes weren't checked multiple times. Also, the one leaked in the community video specifically called out big head mode, so I'd be surprised if it did anything else.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    At 4 covers, level 191, row destruction does 2555. Corner destruction does 1343. Remove protects does 309 with none on this board.
    Big Head Mode doesn't alternate.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    1 cover, level 70, destroy random tiles (349) deals roughly (i'll try to figure it out exactly by paying attention to which tiles are destroyed) 1100 damage. EDIT: Whoops, that's when she's powered up to 140.

At 1 cover, Remove Protect Tiles (and presumably all the remove special tiles codes, again I'll check and get back to you) only removes 2 tiles.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    joke codes appear to give random joke effects.
  • ErikPeter
    From @Caprila on reddit. 478 destroys Strike tiles (I tested it). This is at 1 cover, level 70. It destroys up to 2 strike tiles and does 185 damage. (Remove Attack tiles also does 185... Unsurprisingly.)

Probably should update the OP with some of the stuff discovered in the thread (e.g. damage, AP return on bad codes, etc).
  • stochasticism
    OP updated with the new code and some of the gleaned facts. As more info comes in I will update the main post further.
  • Is this character worth getting?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this character worth getting?
    As much as anyone else. I'm having fun playing her in the loaner node.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I'm not enjoying it. I don't like having to look up codes and counting rows. I like playing MPQ really fast.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm not enjoying it. I don't like having to look up codes and counting rows. I like playing MPQ really fast.
    I'm not looking anything up, I just punch something in to see what happens. I need to remember the covers for big head mode...
    Chekov's Gun is pretty sweet though.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    There should have been one that said NUDE CODE!, then flashed the shirtless Howard the Duck picture.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'm going to feel like I'm cheating every time I use this ability. For me, that is the opposite of fun.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    KRzq4Qb.png
  • ErikPeter
    Nice reference!
    Seems like a missed opportunity not to make the codes a bit more standard, pattern-wise, just to be easier to remember. Like how the corner-destroying ones are almost similar to one another... If they all followed the "lower-right" pattern you wouldn't have to look them up to make sure you've got 'em right...

The whitespace on Destroy Column 4 looks like a 4. I can remember that.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic wrote:
    KRzq4Qb.png

How do I read this chart?
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker

How do I read this chart?

The first row & first column are "guides", and are used by the green codes to tell you what row or column will be destroyed by a green code.

Left-most Column (green codes): These codes will destroy the corresponding row (ignore the blank square at the top left). First code == first row destroyed, etc.
    Top-most Row (green codes): These codes will destroy the corresponding column (again ignore the blank square).
    Red Codes: Will destroy the corresponding corner tile on the board. (top-left red code will destroy the top left tile on the board, bottom-right for bottom-right, etc).
    Yellow codes: Destroy a random row, column, corner, or tiles in general. Should be self-explanatory
    Orange codes: Destroy the corresponding special tile type. Should also be self-explanatory.
  • Row 7 is incorrect, it is 981. The pictogram going around is correct.
  • stochasticism
    Row 7 is incorrect, it is 981. The pictogram going around is correct.

Order does not matter and we chose the format of sorting the codes in monotonically increasing order, hence our display is 189.