**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried him out, not super-impressed. If his passive worked like SW's, he'd be a very appealing character, but as it is, he's a slower and more unreliable battery compared to other available batteries.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Absolutely LOVING him now. Thanks, devs!!! He fits so well into SO many groups, whether as a damage sponge, a cascade machine, a blue/green generator for someone like Iceman, etc. I was hoping he'd come out of the update "serviceable" at worst, but am utterly astounded at how much FUN he is to use now too.

In fact, one might even say of Amadeus' new skillset........

"he Cho's....... wisely."

knight.jpg
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I decided to champ the new Cho Hulk with very mixed opinion. I started with a 553 then tried 355

greenflag.png You need 12 blue in order to get full damage from his green and its single not team damage. At least you can target any tile on the board. Its not bad just okay.

blueflag.png Yes he can generate green little faster but in slow way and just green not blue. Its not like 3 star iron man or scarlet witch where you can get instant ap. Its not bad just slow. Yes it does damage but the pay off is not really that amazing. If the other team is using Red Hulk who is in front you will set off his Seeing Red (with 5 blue) and the green on board has good chance of a cascade happening in his favor. (Just a hunch). Also I don't see, many if at all, any cascades happening for my team. You leave the chance for the other team to make those matches as well. And if the other team is using Red Hulk you can say good bye to all that green with his gamma siphon that only costs 7 ap.

blackflag.png The real problem is still with his black its very underwhelming. All it does is heal a small amount and charges 4 green or blue tiles on the board. He really is not a great or even good blue generator. Those charged titles are more than likely spread out so no real instant ap. A better solution would have been if he drained the enemy team of all its blue like red hulk does with green for (7 blue ap), and healed for (x) amount for every green on the board similar to the way I am groot works. (IDK if it should destroy green or not that's on the board) You could also just remove the heal and have it change 3 random enemy special tiles to green charge tiles.

In the end I think rather just use Red Hulk if I had a fully covered one.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Is there a discussion on the HP and ISO return for selling CHO at various levels? In other words, what's the best level to sell him for maximum HP & ISO return?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Cho and Flaptain and Iceman are interesting.

Iceman benefits from Cho throwing out more green and blue and charging them, Everytime you match a blue flaptain helps Cho's countdown get going faster, and honestly it gets the game going a touch slower thanks to the stun and protect tiles coming out, meaning more chances to throw more tiles out.

I also decided to run a 3-4* mix for the sake of it, and chose Cho, Ragnarok, and Kamila Khan.

Sweet Jesus God almighty. Everything heals, Cho fuels the robot to throw even more green on the board, which Kamila gladly converts into with her purple to reap HUGE rewards.
    Rag also throws out more blue with his red ability in order to help get to his own blue even faster, and Cho's blue charged tile boosts help with that.

Then you punch for justice over and over until they die.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I like Cho now. he pairs well with a lot of characters

just ran a team of Cho, GSBW and 4Cyc (in that order), and I had fired off 4 of GSBW sniper shots by round 12 or 13. they were all generating greenflag.png. granted this occurred in a PVE goon node, but damn was it fun
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    That is the trick right now finding out who he matches best with I am enjoying this pve event because I can try out a lot of combos with him. My biggest issue is he is tanking a lot of colors so I have matched him with my lvl 360 oml and then looking for other. I find he gets beat up enough that his black is actually important now and since it is useable black needs to be on board, Iron Fist seems like a natural partner but at the same time you then have nothing to put the blue into 4thor (iceman) seems an obvious choice, IM40 will be good for speed kills, his green is very solid now. The more I have been playing the more I think people are underestimating his black once I max him he may become like Ant-man and he will need to have his powers shifted depending on the team he is on. My only issue is with his current build is See the Math of it should be a 2 countdown not 3, that little fix would make him a top 1/2 4-star.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    See the Math of it
    Amadeus Cho uses his genius to think through every possible outcome for maximum smashing!

With a description like that I would expect the four green tiles to be placed very precisely to cause the most damage or generate the most AP. Any idiot can place tiles randomly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:
    That is the trick right now finding out who he matches best with I am enjoying this pve event because I can try out a lot of combos with him. My biggest issue is he is tanking a lot of colors so I have matched him with my lvl 360 oml and then looking for other. I find he gets beat up enough that his black is actually important now and since it is useable black needs to be on board, Iron Fist seems like a natural partner but at the same time you then have nothing to put the blue into 4thor (iceman) seems an obvious choice, IM40 will be good for speed kills, his green is very solid now. The more I have been playing the more I think people are underestimating his black once I max him he may become like Ant-man and he will need to have his powers shifted depending on the team he is on. My only issue is with his current build is See the Math of it should be a 2 countdown not 3, that little fix would make him a top 1/2 4-star.

4hor and IM40 is exactly the team I've been using for his required nodes in the Thick as Thieves event. My Cho is a 5/1/5, so Hot Dog Stand gives me six charged tiles. My 4hor is 4/3/5 at LVL 250, so those six charged tiles throw on an extra 3300 pts of damage from Smite. That's...quite helpful.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm only at 3/2/1 with Cho right now but I can't wait to get more. I started running him with.....

IM46 1/3/0 lvl 255
    GSBW 5/3/5

Cho's black is so easy to fire off at only 7. At 2 his passive is at 4 turns so a bad board can really stagnate because you need 13 purple for GSBW and 10 blue for IM46 to get the chains moving. But once it starts up, it's a rap. And Cho and GSBW are both on team IM.

But like I said, the board can stagnate. A much quicker team that flows together was

3* mags 3/5/5
    KK 3/5/5

Good speed. Good power as well.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Can we update Cho with the new changes please?
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Hadronic wrote:
    See the Math of it
    Amadeus Cho uses his genius to think through every possible outcome for maximum smashing!

With a description like that I would expect the four green tiles to be placed very precisely to cause the most damage or generate the most AP. Any idiot can place tiles randomly.
    Cho's tile placements only look random to you because you're not as smart as Cho.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Not sure if this is where to post, but i was going to make a "Hulks" team for the She-Hulk's "Dat Required Character" yesterday and i noticed that you cant have 3* Hulk (Indestructible) with 4* hulk (Totally Awesome). I decided to see if this also applied to 5* hulk (Bruce Banner) and it does.

can someone explain why 5* Bruce Banner, 3* Hulk, and Amadeus Cho are considered the same person? this isnt a thing with Red Hulk and most of the spider-men\women.

i just tested, i can make a Jessica Drew, Spider Gwen and 3* Spider man team because these are different people, so shouldn't this be the same for Cho?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    Not sure if this is where to post, but i was going to make a "Hulks" team for the She-Hulk's "Dat Required Character" yesterday and i noticed that you cant have 3* Hulk (Indestructible) with 4* hulk (Totally Awesome). I decided to see if this also applied to 5* hulk (Bruce Banner) and it does.

can someone explain why 5* Bruce Banner, 3* Hulk, and Amadeus Cho are considered the same person? this isnt a thing with Red Hulk and most of the spider-men\women.

i just tested, i can make a Jessica Drew, Spider Gwen and 3* Spider man team because these are different people, so shouldn't this be the same for Cho?
    It's basically the same deal as Thors - even though Jane Foster and the Odinson are different people there's only one Mjolnir, so only one of them can be in play. Similarily, when Amadeus got his Hulk Powers Banner lost his (as I understand it), so the two Hulks can't really coexist. At least according to game logic.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:

I believe it's because the gamma radiation that made Banner Hulk was taken from his body and given to Cho
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:

Because those 3 characters have the same "identity" (The Hulk). Thoress and 3* Thor can't be run together either because there's only 1 Thor.
    Iron Man model40, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Iron Man 5* = Same person
    Spider-Man 3* & Miles Morales = Same character, different person
    Red Hulk is a totally seperate character.

Let's just say it's fairly complicated and it varies a lot.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    DJSquiggy wrote:

Because those 3 characters have the same "identity" (The Hulk). Thoress and 3* Thor can't be run together either because there's only 1 Thor.
    Iron Man model40, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Iron Man 5* = Same person
    Spider-Man 3* & Miles Morales = Same character, different person
    Red Hulk is a totally seperate character.

Let's just say it's fairly complicated and it varies a lot.
    Now I'm curious why Peter Parker and Miles Morales are different but Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho are the same...
  • DJSquiggy
    ....well, i just read his wiki and it seems he "Absorbed" the power to transform into the hulk from Bruce Banner, so i guess he can only exist when Bruce Banner is not a hulk. Both 3* and 5* banner can hulk out so Cho would not be able to be a hulk at the same time. would be nice to indicate that in the Cho Character Bio.

i could go on (and in fact, i rewrote this multiple times) but i will just leave it be...

EDIT* looks like a lot of people know the character from the comics, but i never read about Cho before this game. seems like comic cannon trumps game logic.

by the Thor\Hammer logic, someone should really look into why all the captain americas can be on the same team when they all use the same shield.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJSquiggy wrote:

by the Thor\Hammer logic, someone should really look into why all the captain americas can be on the same team when they all use the same shield.
    I'm the case of Captain Americas the shield doesn't make the man, the source of their powers, plus they can pass it around to each other
  • DJSquiggy
    fmftint wrote:
    DJSquiggy wrote:

I'm the case of Captain Americas the shield doesn't make the man, the source of their powers, plus they can pass it around to each other

well, i always have a nice chuckle when 3* cap could throw a shield for blue to stun, then for red to damage, then they both return a few turns later. sometimes it doesnt have to make sense i guess.