How many 3 star characters should I have?

Options
peterb37
peterb37 Posts: 11
edited October 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I currently have 28 3 stars rostered with 15 champed.

Of the 13 not champed, 6 of them have their covers maxed and I have one with just a single cover

I want start giving more ISO to my 4 stars although my best is Miles at 2 purpleflag.png -1 yellowflag.png -5 redflag.png lvl 172

I have an urge to sell some of those that are maxed but aren't close to being champed so I was wondering if you guys think I should have a lot of 3 stars?

I have 67 roster spots and 33 are 4 stars and one is a 2 star if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice, let me know if you want more detail, I'm happy to give it.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems to me from your description that you are missing out on DDQ iso without 1* (should be Juggs - he can handle it himself without a problem) and without some 2*. They are all very much needed in the game. Firstly to get iso and tacos from DDQ, secondly as they are required in PvE and thirdly - to farm the rewards of them.

In regard to 3* the aim should be to have all 3* champed to get some rewards for them every day (DDQ, PvE, PvP, tokens). So I would resist the urge to sell them. They are required every day in DDQ and that is the easiest and most rewarding part of the game. Keep them and keep champing them. Wait with the 4* upgrades until you have one or two top ones max covered (or at least with 5 in the best color) and bring them up together. That will smoothen the hit of 4* matchmaking and scaling eventually.

If roster slots are a problem for you it probably means your are overspending on shields or tokens. Try limiting that (especially tokens are not really worth it).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    peterb37 wrote:

Of the 13 not champed, 6 of them have their covers maxed and I have one with just a single cover

I want start giving more ISO to my 4 stars although my best is Miles at 2 purpleflag.png -1 yellowflag.png -5 redflag.png lvl 172

I have an urge to sell some of those that are maxed but aren't close to being champed so I was wondering if you guys think I should have a lot of 3 stars?

I have 67 roster spots and 33 are 4 stars and one is a 2 star if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice, let me know if you want more detail, I'm happy to give it.
    You should have all the 3*s, and you shouldn't put ISO into anything until it has 13 covers.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    peterb37 wrote:
    You should have all the 3*s, and you shouldn't put ISO into anything until it has 13 covers.

You should have them all. Once championed, the covers never go to waste.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    peterb37 wrote:

This, with one exception - if you can beat the DDQ 4* by leveling an undercovered character, you should absolutely level it.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The more you have, the more DDQ you will complete. Assuming you are finishing the other nodes, having a given 3-star will net you 2700 ISO every 40 days, i.e. like 70 ISO per day. Plus you'll be able to use them in required missions, etc.

So for the most benefit you want all of them, but really, you don't NEED all of them. Missing one just means you will have slightly (fraction of a percent) slower progress. In general, once you hit ISO crunch and want to level your 4-stars, the leftover 3s you never used can be axed for slots if you need to; just accept you'll miss out on the DDQ benefits.