How often do planeswalkers rotate in the vault

Options
erakbgg
erakbgg Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Like the subject says--if there's one I have my eye on, how long will they come around again for purchase via crystals? Are there some that are only available via event win or cash?

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they rotate on the time and at the pleasure of the devs. I get all of them when they come out, so I've never really tracked, but there seems to be no patterns.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    erakbgg wrote:
    Like the subject says--if there's one I have my eye on, how long will they come around again for purchase via crystals? Are there some that are only available via event win or cash?

https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... the-Vault-

This should let you plan well in advance.
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That page just tells when the current ones will rotate out. Is there a page that tells us which new ones are rotating in?
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wink wrote:
    That page just tells when the current ones will rotate out. Is there a page that tells us which new ones are rotating in?

Nope.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Given that one rotates out each week, you can expect one to rotate in every week to replace it as well. Three weeks after a planeswalker goes on sale for cash, you'll see it show up in the vault for crystals, but any other week, it'll probably be one that hasn't been in the vault for a while.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Which means we can expect new Jace to rotate into the vault when Ob Nixilis exits. Nihiri and Tezzeret just left recently. I speculate Kiora and Koth to be the next two to come in before Jace 2, in that order; and probably Gideon 2 to come the week after Jace 2. Basing this off of an old post from the devs when they first started rotating the planeswalkers:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=49264
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One thing is sure: sarkhan will never get in icon_e_sad.gif

Ob nixilis went inside 2 times before sarkhan was seen so I suspect that when a planeswalker that was sold for money(like nahiri and Jace unraveler) enters the vault for crystals, the planeswalker that was meant to get in based on the normal rotation "jumps" a turn.

That's actually a bad way to handle the system.
    New planeswalkers should just make the rotation shift a position.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh man I forgot all about Sarkhan. He might actually be the next one we see.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    sarkhan was sold for about $40... way overpriced
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    don't forget Saheeli.

she may be available via crystal purchase soon too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    don't forget Saheeli.

she may be available via crystal purchase soon too. icon_e_smile.gif
    No telling when though. Maybe not until Kaladesh hits MtgPQ.