3* Emma Frost (White Queen)

Options
theabsoluteword
theabsoluteword Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
edited October 2016 in Speculation and Concepts

blackflag.png Diamond Body, Passive
When the opponent matches a Critical Tile, Diamond Body Activates. While active, 'No You Don't' becomes 'Perfect Defense' and 'Stop Hitting Yourself' becomes
While active, Emma Frost also takes 10% less damage from match damage and Critical Tiles.

2 Covers: 15% less damage
3 Covers: 25% less damage
4 Covers: 30% less damage
5 Covers: 40% less damage

blueflag.png Stop Hitting Yourself, 10 AP
Emma Frost tampers with the opponents mind with surgical precision, tricking them into hurting themselves without even realizing it. Creates 2 random Enemy 3-Turn Countdown Tiles that deal 300 damage to the Enemy.

2 Covers: Deals 500 Damage
3 Covers: 3 Countdown Tiles
4 Covers: Deals 700 Damage
5 Covers: 2-Turn Countdown Tiles
(Damage scales with her level, of course.)

blueflag.png Psychic Breakthrough, 13 AP
Unleashing her psychic potential, Emma Frost overwhelms her enemies through her astral projection. Deals 700 Damage to the enemy team, plus 150 damage for every remaining Enemy Countdown Tile, stunning the enemy team for 1 turn. Deactivates Diamond Body.

2 Covers: 900 Damage, plus 200 Damage
3 Covers: 2 turn Stun
4 Covers: 1100 Damage, plus 250 Damage
5 Covers: 1300 Damage, 3 turn Stun

purpleflag.png No You Don't, 9 AP
Emma Frost dismantles the opponent's strategy instantly, by blanking out their minds. Increases the timer on 2 random Enemy Countdown Tiles by 2. If any 'Stop Hitting Yourself' Countdown Tiles are affected, additionally activate their effect. (The Countdown Tiles will activate again when they reach 0 like normally, No You Don't only replicates the effect early.)

2 Covers: Delays 3 Countdown Tiles
3 Covers: Increases Timer by 3
4 Covers: Delays 4 Countdown Tiles
5 Covers: Delays 5 Countdown Tiles

purpleflag.png Diamond Defense, Passive
Emma Frost takes advantage of her mental and physical invulnerability in her Diamond form, to protect her allies and herself. When an Enemy fires a damaging power, Emma jumps to the front to reduce the damage taken by 70%. The exertion stuns her for 2 turns and deactivates Diamond Body.

~~~
I'd really love to have another top-level 3* to compete with the likes of IF and SW, and Emma Frost seemed perfect for the job!
Her 'Stop Hitting Yourself' was meant to be a fun, high damage move and 'No You Don't' was meant to add a little self-synergy. Might've dropped the ball with Diamond Body, though.
So what do you think?

Post Edit: Now, in her Diamond Form, Emma Frost resembles Colossus and CStorm. What do you think?

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I've made a speculation post about Emma Frost before. Let's compare and contrast our speculations with my post here: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33136
  • theabsoluteword
    Options
    GundamY wrote:
    I've made a speculation post about Emma Frost before. Let's compare and contrast our speculations with my post here: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33136

I just went through your 4* Emma Frost. For starters, I think she's way too OP! The Power Inhibition ability is to be frank, broken. It could instead create a Countdown Tile, which while active, negates Enemy Abilities.
    On a similar note, I like the idea of Emma bring immune to ability damage while in Diamond, but to make it more fun, it should be a one-time danage negation, which forces Emma back into her normal form. I think this feature can be integrated into my build very effectively! Instead of cutting damage, Emma's Diamond Form could absorb ability damage for other teammates in a way similar to Colossus (takes damage for a teammate but is reduced by ??%)
    What do you think?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

When the opponent creates or matches a Critical Tile, Diamond Body Activates. While active, 'No You Don't' becomes unusable and 'Stop Hitting Yourself' changes effect.
    While active, Emma Frost also takes 10% less damage from attacks.

Emma Frost tampers with the opponents mind with surgical precision, tricking them into hurting themselves without even realizing it. Creates 2 random Enemy 3-Turn Countdown Tiles that deal 300 damage to the Enemy. If 'Diamond Body' is active, additionally force the opponent to fire 2 random abilities against themselves, then deactivate Diamond Body.

Emma Frost dismantles the opponent's strategy instantly, by blanking out their minds. Destroys a random Enemy Special Tile. If a 'Stop Hitting Yourself' Countdown Tile is destroyed, activate it's damage immediately and convert 2 random tiles into Blue Tiles. Does not work on Fortified Tiles.

5 Covers: Destroys 4 Enemy Special Tiles

I like the "When an opponent matches a critical tile" trigger of Diamond body, but since it's a pretty rare event I think you should also be able to actively switch to it if you so choose, like, 7-9 AP. Having that power change her other powers makes sense (she can't use her psychic abilities anymore) but is currently pretty sloppy. Having it completely disable one of her powers is awful. For simplicity and usability and I think it should trigger a total overhaul (like OML's transformation). Purple could become 'diamond punch' or something.

Creating enemy countdown tiles instead of regular ones has an interesting synergy with Purple, but... I hate it. It's confusing, it subverts core principles of the game, it's just weird. Thematically, I like the idea of her mind-messing tricking people to hurt themselves, so I think it's justified. But it makes two powers that are already convoluted and contingency-packed even moreso. So you need to fix everything else about it and make her powers much, much less dependent on each other.

Also 10 AP to trigger two opponents powers on themselves is way too strong... But the build should be streamlined before you attend to that.
    ETA: Also, another purple power that removes enemy specials is kinda boring. Useful, sure, but with both Jean and Jessica Drew having similar abilities it seems redundant.
  • theabsoluteword
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:

When the opponent creates or matches a Critical Tile, Diamond Body Activates. While active, 'No You Don't' becomes unusable and 'Stop Hitting Yourself' changes effect.

Emma Frost tampers with the opponents mind with surgical precision, tricking them into hurting themselves without even realizing it. Creates 2 random Enemy 3-Turn Countdown Tiles that deal 300 damage to the Enemy. If 'Diamond Body' is active, additionally force the opponent to fire 2 random abilities against themselves, then deactivate Diamond Body.

Emma Frost dismantles the opponent's strategy instantly, by blanking out their minds. Destroys a random Enemy Special Tile. If a 'Stop Hitting Yourself' Countdown Tile is destroyed, activate it's damage immediately and convert 2 random tiles into Blue Tiles. Does not work on Fortified Tiles.

I like the "When an opponent matches a critical tile" trigger of Diamond body, but since it's a pretty rare event I think you should also be able to actively switch to it if you so choose, like, 7-9 AP. Having that power change her other powers makes sense (she can't use her psychic abilities anymore) but is currently pretty sloppy. Having it completely disable one of her powers is awful. For simplicity and usability and I think it should trigger a total overhaul (like OML's transformation). Purple could become 'diamond punch' or something.

Creating enemy countdown tiles instead of regular ones has an interesting synergy with Purple, but... I hate it. It's confusing, it subverts core principles of the game, it's just weird. Thematically, I like the idea of her mind-messing tricking people to hurt themselves, so I think it's justified. But it makes two powers that are already convoluted and contingency-packed even moreso. So you need to fix everything else about it and make her powers much, much less dependent on each other.

Also 10 AP to trigger two opponents powers on themselves is way too strong... But the build should be streamlined before you attend to that.
    ETA: Also, another purple power that removes enemy specials is kinda boring. Useful, sure, but with both Jean and Jessica Drew having similar abilities it seems redundant.

I personally love the idea of creating Enemy Countdown Tiles (since the AI won't match them away) so that's gonna be that. Will definitely simplify a few things and add to the Diamond Form abilities.
    Expect an edit soon!
    Really appreciate your response, thank you!
    P.S: I'll try to notify you once the edit is up.
  • theabsoluteword
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:

Edited. Now she plays a support role in her normal form and a Tank/Nuke in her Diamond Form. Still pretty OP apart from the fact that her powers are Opponent-depdendent, such as Diamond Body being activated by the opponent matching a Critical Tile and Diamond Defense, in some way, being her own bane.
    Changing the No You Don't ability to extend Countdown tiles, I think, solved the issue. It now rsemebles OBW in extended enemy CD Tiles but additionally self-synergises by being able to repeatedly activated Stop Hitting Yourself Tiles.
    Removed the part about firing enemy powers.
    Still, I'm pretty into this setup.
    Thoughts?