*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

1373839404143»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    A completely agree with Simonsez; as enemy HP grows, so do Retribution.
    It helps inmensely in the last waves of Alliance bosses as Galactus and Ultron.

This argument doesn't make any sense to me. You're saying that a player has 2 4/5* characters that are so effective that they can afford to take a 3* for one power used once? And they don't have a single other character that would be more useful?! 16K for 8 AP sure sounds nice but I would think even another 3* like LCap would be more useful over the course of a fight with Galactus. But not a single other 4/5* would be? Tinykitty.
    Personally, I've never used Punisher in Galactus/Ultron, but I have to say, for a 3* player, you sure have a lot of strong opinions about what 4*/5* players are doing...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're saying that a player has 2 4/5* characters that are so effective that they can afford to take a 3* for one power used once?

Pretty much yeah. Except once you transition fully the one cast, one trick pony becomes Ghost Rider instead of 3Pun.

Against both Galactus and Ultron, shortening the match is of utmost importance, and being able to knock out 40% (or more with GR) is immensely valuable.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Wolarsen wrote:
    A completely agree with Simonsez; as enemy HP grows, so do Retribution.
    It helps inmensely in the last waves of Alliance bosses as Galactus and Ultron.

This argument doesn't make any sense to me. You're saying that a player has 2 4/5* characters that are so effective that they can afford to take a 3* for one power used once? And they don't have a single other character that would be more useful?! 16K for 8 AP sure sounds nice but I would think even another 3* like LCap would be more useful over the course of a fight with Galactus. But not a single other 4/5* would be? Tinykitty.
    Personally, I've never used Punisher in Galactus/Ultron, but I have to say, for a 3* player, you sure have a lot of strong opinions about what 4*/5* players are doing...

Considering we're talking about a 3* character, one I've used extensively for nearly 3 years, yes I feel strongly. More importantly I've yet to hear from a 4/5* actually doing this. I'm curious why you're arguing so strenuously in favour of a strategy you don't even employ?
  • simonsez
    Considering we're talking about a 3* character, one I've used extensively for nearly 3 years, yes I feel strongly. More importantly I've yet to hear from a 4/5* actually doing this. I'm curious why you're arguing so strenuously in favour of a strategy you don't even employ?
    I could've sworn you heard from at least two.

And where exactly do you see me arguing strenuously in favor of using Pun in boss battles? What I'm saying is that once you leave 3* land, 5Red is the only build that makes any sense. I concede you are an expert as to how to use him in 3* battles. I already told you that I had him at 5/5/3 myself back then. And I'm also telling you that you'd better change it if/when you progress beyond 3* land.
  • Trilateralus
    You're saying that a player has 2 4/5* characters that are so effective that they can afford to take a 3* for one power used once?

Pretty much yeah. Except once you transition fully the one cast, one trick pony becomes Ghost Rider instead of 3Pun.

Against both Galactus and Ultron, shortening the match is of utmost importance, and being able to knock out 40% (or more with GR) is immensely valuable.

I would argue that an ability providing consistent damage/board control is more important than a one shot ability that is actually better as a TU. Given that my original point was about the best build for a 3* I don't understand why you're arguing in favour of a strategy used by at most a minority of 4* players, who are themselves a monitory of the player base. You have tacitly admitted and simonsez has explicitly admitted to not doing this.
  • Trilateralus
    simonsez wrote:
    I could've sworn you heard from at least two.

And where exactly do you see me arguing strenuously in favor of using Pun in boss battles? What I'm saying is that once you leave 3* land, 5Red is the only build that makes any sense. I concede you are an expert as to how to use him in 3* battles. I already told you that I had him at 5/5/3 myself back then. And I'm also telling you that you'd better change it if/when you progress beyond 3* land.

You literally just said you've never used him in a boss battle.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have tacitly admitted to not doing this.

I did? Cause I still used him for most of the last run of Ultron. 3Pun's slightly better than GR for Ultron because you don't want to really build up the damage Ultron deals to use Penance Stare. Those bombs hurt a lot late.

And sure, you could run TUs to get those two powers, but it's a lot easier to bring a black/red accelerator into those battles than it is a TU accelerator.
  • simonsez
    You literally just said you've never used him in a boss battle.
    And where did I ever say otherwise?

Ignorant pomposity can be hilarious, but now you just sound like you're trolling...
  • Trilateralus
    You have tacitly admitted to not doing this.

I did? Cause I still used him for most of the last run of Ultron. 3Pun's slightly better than GR for Ultron because you don't want to really build up the damage Ultron deals to use Penance Stare. Those bombs hurt a lot late.

And sure, you could run TUs to get those two powers, but it's a lot easier to bring a black/red accelerator into those battles than it is a TU accelerator.

Fair enough, I mistook your mention of GR as saying he was your preferred choice. I concede the point.