Champ Colossus or wait?

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I have Colossus with 13 covers and a 14th cover about to expire in 3 days. It would take 119,063 ISO to champ him and then I will only have about 6,000 ISO left.

Here are my other choices:
Gamora's 14th cover comes 10/7, would take 122,485 to champ her
Doctor Doom's 14th cover comes 10/12, would take 112,944 to champ him
Kamala Khan's 14th cover comes 11/3, would take 94,783 to champ her

Or my current 12 covers:
Spider-Man will get his 13th cover on 10/3 and 14th on 11/12, currently lvl 76
Daken will get his 13th cover on 10/10 and 14th on 11/19, currently lvl 102
Cyclops will get his 13th cover on 10/26 and 14th on 12/5, currently lvl 91

Should I go ahead and champ Colossus or just sell the cover for 500 ISO (ugh! so little!) and hold on to the ISO for a better character? And if so, which character am I looking to champ?

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I think colossus is a pretty fun character, in the grand scheme of things he's not great. You're better off champing either KK or cyclops in the long run.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I think colossus is a pretty fun character, in the grand scheme of things he's not great. You're better off champing either KK or cyclops in the long run.

+1
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the LONG run, 3*s only matter as ISO/CP/HP/Cover dispensers.

Champ colossus, save up ISO to champ KK in two months.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not enough info from OP to make an educated assumption. I can extrapolate a couple of scenarios to reach a series of conclusions, though.

1) Assume OP is still playing a 3* game: Gamora is **** terrible, so just leave her out of this discussion. Spider-Man is mostly dead weight on a team as well, so forget him. Cyclops is easily the best option in the list, however Kamala has a 14th cover and is also a not-too-distant second. You lose little offensively in Kamala, with the added bonus of not wasting a cover. Go with her. Daken is not bad for conserving health on Versus climbs, but that matters less nowadays because of health boosts. Still not a bad choice against the other options. Doom is...meh. Kinda fun, but that's not the point.

2) Assume OP is playing a 3>4 transition game: Again Gamora and Spidey are wastes. Again Kamala and Cyke are your best choices. Depending on which 4*s you have to use and which of the two are most likely to complement them, you'll want to choose one or the other. Kamala will feed green users, but that also denies her her best power. Cyke feeds red while still retaining offensive power in black, and his yellow serves double duty in removing generally-useless TU tiles. He's probably a better choice overall, however both red and black are hotly contested colors in 4* land.

3) Assume OP is playing a 4* game: You really don't need me to answer this question, do you? If you don't know what you're doing with your 3* characters by now, just stop playing. icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champ him. Tanks gotta tank.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her is the big thing you are not getting a 14th cover for over a week. In that time you will be able to play lots of events including anniversary. I would personally skip dr doom and spiderman. Gamora is great when she tanks if you can bring along IF. When she tanks with IF her black gets out fast no with IF attack tile out she does work. Unfortunately without the black AP generation she isn't a good.

Overall the new clearence levels should help you get a lot more ISO to be able to champ most of characters.
    Overall order of how good the characters are
    Cyclops
    KK
    Daken (true healing)
    Gamora
    Doom
    Colossus
    Spiderman

Colossus is lower on he list but you have a lot of time to fill up on ISO between now and the next character you want to champ
  • thanos8587
    Options
    abc....always be champing. champ all your 2*s and start a 2* farm. champ all your 3*s and reap all the rewards that flow from them. in time champ as many 4*s as iso permits.

straight scrapping covers is a huge waste. champ everything.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yeah, BUT his cyclops and khan covers are a long way off.

Champ Colossus. You can replace that iso in a week.

I didn't pay much attention to the dates, so you're not wrong. On the other hand until the recent changes put a 4* in PVE progression I didn't play enough to earn that much Iso.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Lord. People playing this game are SO oblivious as to the situation of others.......

Do not champ him, unless Iso is of no object to you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Lord. People playing this game are SO oblivious as to the situation of others.......

The more Champs you have, the better. Sure, the ISO investment is steep, but the payoff is quite nice too. If there's nothing better to spend on at the moment, there's no real harm in champing Colossus. It doesn't take that long to earn the ISO back, but the champ levels perks last forever...
  • The Bob The
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

The more Champs you have, the better. Sure, the ISO investment is steep, but the payoff is quite nice too. If there's nothing better to spend on at the moment, there's no real harm in champing Colossus. It doesn't take that long to earn the ISO back, but the champ levels perks last forever...

^ This. I bit the bullet and brought up all my 3*s, and my earning has been SO much better (well before Ranks and Clearance Levels). It's short-term cost for long-term gain, and even if you have to sell some 4* covers that aren't top-tier, you'll pick up more from the game and from your champed 3*s. It pays off.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Update!

I champed Colossus! So now here's what my personal cover tracker is:

Gamora 14th cover on 10/7
    Doctor Doom 14th cover on 10/12
    Kamala Khan 14th cover on 11/3

Spider-Man 13th cover on 10/3, 14th in Nov.
    Daken 13th cover on 10/10, 14th in Nov.
    Cyclops 13th cover on 10/26, 14th in Nov.

I'm sitting on 80,319 ISO and will continue to get more through PVE, LRs, and champ levels. Who do I champ next?
    Gamora because she's next?
    Wait till Doc Doom because he's better than Gamora?
    KK because she's better than the previous two?
    Save for Daken/Cyclops?

Thanks for the previous on this thread!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Update!

I'm sitting on 80,319 ISO and will continue to get more through PVE, LRs, and champ levels. Who do I champ next?
    Save for Daken/Cyclops?

No need to rush the ones that are at 13 covers, prioritize the ones where you can ge champ levels immediately. If you can do both Gamora and Doom that would be ideal, but if you had to pick one of them I'd probably pick Doom.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    Update!

Save for Daken/Cyclops?

Champ Kamala. In addition to easily being the best of those three, she benefits greatly from the ability to respec her green and yellow (purple will always be 5).