****Alpha****

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited September 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngAlpha (Andy Macguire)
latest?cb=20130222170458

blackflag.pngParker Particles - blacktile.png 0 AP (Passive): Alpha is bestowed with the hyper-kinetic forces of the universe. At the beginning of your turn, create a Countdown Tile. This Countdown timer will continue to grow with each passing turn.
    If 5 or more turns have passed, Alpha creates another Countdown Tile.
    If 10 or more turns have passed, Alpha fortifies his existing Countdown Tiles.
    If 15 or more turns have passed, Alpha gains 1 Green AP for each of his Countdown Tile on the board every turn.
    If 20 or more turns have passed, Alpha resets all of his Countdown Tile timers to 1. Gain 5 Green AP for each Countdown Tile being resetted.

greenflag.pngHyper-Kinetic Acceleration - greentile.png 6 AP: Alpha blasts off with the speed of the Big Bang. Deal 2000 damage to the enemy team and increase all friendly Countdown timer by 1 turn.

yellowflag.pngEnergy Exchange - yellowtile.png 9 AP: Alpha converts one form of energy to another type. Select the AP color of your choice. All green AP in your pool will transfer into the color you selected. (i.e. Drain 10 Friendly Green AP -> Choose Red -> Gain Red 10 AP)

NOTE: The reason why I haven't added Max Level to these features is because this is still a WIP.

I would like to explore more on underused features of the game because I'm well aware how Bagman Spiderman sucks for being too specialized in Countdown Tiles. However, I want a character that rewards my team for increasing the timer of the Countdown Tiles.

Alpha starts off weak like a Magikarp in Pokemon. But given enough time and effort invested in him, he will become super powerful, so he might need some help protecting his Countdown Tiles. Since he's a super green battery, characters like Storm, Kamala Khan, Red Hulk etc. will definitely want to team up with Alpha.

I also am aware that characters like The Hood love to decrease timers ASAP, but what about increasing the timer? Characters like Mystique, Colossus, Ant-Man, X-Force Deadpool don't get enough support for increasing their Countdown timer, so why not have Alpha support them?

Comments

• theabsoluteword
    theabsoluteword Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love the concept of Transferring AP but it definitely needs a ner. say, if you drain 10 AP from one color, you gain 7 or 8AP in the chosen color. Just to ensure the ability is not taken advantage of. (imagine channeling Green AP into Purple for GSBWs Deceptive Tactics with no AP loss! Mayhem!)

If his green ability isn't at max level, might be way too op. 2k damage across the team for only 6AP seems like a cheat.

Overall love the idea of growing countdown tiles (Countup Tiles? Lol) and the acceleration theme for him! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Good day!