star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png L180 5/3/2
    icon_rocket.png L182 5/3/5
    icon_blade.png L179 5/3/5
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_ironfist.png
    icon_groot.png
    icon_quicksilver.png

I liked this team until I noticed that QS tanks the blue. I don't want that. So I switched to

icon_ironfist.png
    3* icon_captainamerica.png
    icon_quicksilver.png

Rainbow is covered (although cap's yellow is never fired) but the board control is really good. I run QS at 5/5/3 so I can get the match damage from his blackflag.png since it's the easiest to fire and it can get Caps blue and red going. IF usually isn't used for his hard hitting purple as opposed to getting more black on the screen for board movement.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Had a lot of fun in the latest Shield Sim with 3* Human Torch, 3* Daken and Loki. No yellow coverage. HT and Loki both use the black, so it was just a case of using Loki if the other team made strike/shields, or HT if they didnt.

Daken and Loki often made it through the fight with minimal damage.

And bonus - I got all rewards in the Sim for the first time ever! I know it was a shortened one, but still!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Today's theme: DC's Trinity

Superman ( icon_sentry.png ) L167, 5/3/5
    Wonder Woman ( icon_caroldanvers.png ) L188, 5/3/5
    Batman ( icon_blackpanther.png ) L169, 5/3/5

I didn't use a single one of Superman's powers. He tanked greentile.png and that was about it. Batman, not surprisingly, did most of the work by making strike.png and protect.png and finished off round four with two uses of Rage of the Bat (er...Panther). Wonder Woman tanked her colors but the only active power of hers that I used was redtile.png .
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: More Justice Leaguers

Green Arrow ( icon_hawkeye.png ) L113 3/5/5
    Green Lantern ( icon_nova.png ) L152 3/3/1
    Flash ( icon_quicksilver.png ) L171 5/5/3

I haven't used the same team twice for The Big Enchilada for over two months now and I'm running out of theme ideas.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

Iron Man is really the DC Universe's Batman.. not Panther. Billionaire playboy using gadgets created with personal/corporate wealth to fight crime/save the world, both have daddy issues, etc. Other than a color palette, T'Challa and Bruce are pretty different. /offtopic
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone else posted a team in another thread called Ruined Picnic which was icon_antman.pngwasp_icon.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png. Haven't used it yet myself but I thought it fit right in with this thread.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    xidragonxi wrote:

Iron Man is really the DC Universe's Batman.. not Panther. Billionaire playboy using gadgets created with personal/corporate wealth to fight crime/save the world, both have daddy issues, etc. Other than a color palette, T'Challa and Bruce are pretty different. /offtopic

Alternatively, there's Moon Knight, if you want a guy so dedicated to his theme, he'll fly around using his moon glider, drop down to show off his moon shaped cape, and then throw a bunch of Moonarangs at you.

So it'd be pretty easy for JeffCascadian to do a "Marvel Batman" themed team.
  • JeffCascadian
    If you read the Christopher Priest run of Black Panther then you'll know why I consider him the Batman-substitute. Moon Knight is often seen a version of Batman but he's one of the few four-stars that I don't have even a single cover for.

Really, the Marvel versions of DC's Trinity are Hyperion, Power Princess, and Nighthawk--all members of the various versions of the Squadron Supreme.

I like the "Ruined Picnic" idea except that Wasp is one of the other four four-stars I don't have. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another Black Bolt team.

icon_blackbolt.png 0/0/1
    5* icon_blackwidow.png 1/0/1
    icon_scarletwitch.png 5/3/5
    Or
    icon_mystique.png 3/5/5

Got a 5* BW purple today so I teamed her up BB to run some game on the goons. It's so fun. Vs 3 goons, it's easy to get BW's purple to only need 7 or 8. You can wait to get 12 red/10 black before you activate BBs yellow because purple destroys 3 CDs. Switch/mystique feed BW.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still in 3* tier...

Whenever I'm in PVE and I'm looking at 250+ level goons I always go to my Cap/IM40 team. Nothing new there for all of you out there, I'm sure. IM40 can charge up Cap's shield like nobody's business, and it's not uncommon for me to be navigating a board with 3 to 4 of Cap's countdown tiles waiting to return AP. I love waiting until one of the goon's countdown tiles reaches 1 turn and then overriding it with a shield throw. I don't take a lick of damage if I can get that combo working fast enough. The only problem is Cap & IM40 share the same colors and a bad board can derail my plans swiftly. I was looking for a buddy that helps completes their rainbow.

I tried Doom for a while, but he's too slow and doesn't really play well with my duo of Avengers. I tried Hulk too, but his green agitated the board too much for me to maintain control of all my countdown tiles. Then I tried Quicksilver and enjoyed his green/black combo quite a bit, but locking up TU tiles inhibited my ability to control the board on occasion, which is critical when my foes are 100+ levels higher than me.

Then Bullseye came along. IM40 fills his green just as well as Quicksilver's, and I love it's ability to destroy chosen tiles on the board... increasing my control. I'd have Bullseye perform the kill shots and Cap used those strike tiles with his shield to great effect. Tonight I was facing lvl 290 goons in the current PVE and I was able to close out the node easily with CAP/IM40/Bullseye. Great combo.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    I like doing the Patch, IM40, OBW combo when I'm up against only goons, no matter how high.

Obviously try to get 6 yellow as soon as possible. Then I can have OBW's blue ready to postpone any countdowns, I can fire Patch's green immediately, and his red if I have 2 other red waiting. And then once all these strikes are on the board, just match OBW tiles for double trouble. SO MUCH DAMAGE EACH TURN. Also, if you play blue right, you'll never be touched. It's my favorite combo!

And of course for low level anyone, Daken, IF, and Falcon. Match green first few turns to get those strikes and then start matching yellow like your life depends on it. You can finish this type of game in 30 seconds, 10 if they are goons.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Young Men

icon_nova.png L152 3/3/1
    icon_iceman.png L140 4/4/2
    icon_miles.png L90 2/3/2

Well, it worked but they took a beating. I lost Nova in round three and nearly lost Iceman in round four. If I didn't have stuns ready from both Miles & Iceman, I probably would have lost Bobby before winning. Miles took almost no damage at all. Hidey McHideypants.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Recently got 3 covers for Goblin, so I wanted to try it out just for fun - and noticed it goes well with my Surfer too so formed a team of 553 in TBE:

icon_greengoblin.png 0/2/1
    icon_silversurfer.png 0/2/2
    icon_beast.png 5/5/3

And that indeed was fun! My first reason to use that team was to beat muscle in Thick as thieves as fast as possible and 5*'s just did the trick perfectly with a pure match damage. Beast is there for all color coverage and shake the board and if needed, heal team. Both 5* took majority of the damages so Beast got pretty much unscathed from it. Same time I tried icon_greengoblin.png all the possible "Trick or treats" and figured out what each color does - also fun! And it did purpletile.png skill quite often.

Yesterday I wanted to try Girls team also could be named as "Shape-sifting squirrel with a lawsuit"

icon_mystique.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png

Again, rainbow team, used SG yellowtile.png instantly when possible, turned enemy tiles to mine with SH and destroyed troublesome high energy goons with Mystique
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Can't believe I'm about to admit this, but ever since the changes, I've really been digging Chulk. Specifically,

4* Thor, Chulk, Jean Grey (5)

Jean generates Red for 4* Thor, and Chulk's black puts SIX charged tiles on the board for a measly 7 black, not to mention that some of the charged tiles will probably be blue, which helps out with Thoress' stun. SO many charged tiles!
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Heroes for Hire

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.png L181 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_lukecage.png L180 3/5/5
    icon_ironfist.png L176 3/5/5
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    not the most effective, but im40, 2* cap marvel, 3 star magneto. create all the team ups...then destroy them for damage
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    For the latest TaT, I fielded Groot, CMags and IM40. It was super fun. IM40 fed CMags and Groot. CMags fired all the blue he had, then all the reds. Cascades. Then Groot fired his green. More cascades. And sometimes I had enough red/blue/green to fire again. Oh! It was fun seeing all the cascades and criticals. For once, the AI is at the receiving end of the multiple cascade attacks!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had lots of fun in Thick as Thieves pairing Ms Marvel with Professor X. Her yellow frequently led to match-5s, which in turn led to angry stares from the Professor. Not something I'd play outside of Carol's required node, but fun nonetheless.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I had lots of fun in Thick as Thieves pairing Ms Marvel with Professor X. Her yellow frequently led to match-5s, which in turn led to angry stares from the Professor. Not something I'd play outside of Carol's required node, but fun nonetheless.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm totally gonna be that guy. Inhuman Stretchiness uses purple, not yellow.

Is KK a cheaper/faster Winfinite combo than GSBW? I guess it's a tradeoff for cheaper green generation at the cost of match-5 reliability.