Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Iceman

2»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up to 6 or 7 tries now, still no luck. The last two boards went horribly dry on me about half way through, I lost my stun lock, then Jean slowly gathers G/P.. game over.

I may just be too low level for this one. Neither my green nor blue hit hard enough, which leaves me reliant on the stun lock & match damage.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up to 6 or 7 tries now, still no luck. The last two boards went horribly dry on me about half way through, I lost my stun lock, then Jean slowly gathers G/P.. game over.

I may just be too low level for this one. Neither my green nor blue hit hard enough, which leaves me reliant on the stun lock & match damage.

I feel like blue/purple is the key. Having his green helps, of course, but the purple can mitigate dry boards to help keep the stunlock going.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 271 5/5/3 managed it first vanilla try, even though I did make a careless match-5 that nearly did for me. Got Red Hulk from the token, which took him to 280 which got me another token which got me a Venom black which I couldn't use.

Wolveroach's level 94 1/2/1 may try later, but with less than 5k health I'm holding out no real hope.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I feel like blue/purple is the key. Having his green helps, of course, but the purple can mitigate dry boards to help keep the stunlock going.
    Yeah, on my first attempt the blue & purple never went dry on me, so I kept her stunlocked right up until that wretched match-5 dropped onto the board (literally; I made a row match-4, and the new top row had 5 purple straight across). Every attempt since, blue and/or purple has gone cold. The opening board on my last attempt had a grand total of 4 blue tiles. I don't even think I played that one out to completion, I bailed when I got below 2K health.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm bailing. That's 10+ attempts, all ending in defeat when my stun lock goes cold (bad pun, I know) long enough for Jean to get her G and/or P. And <7K health just isn't enough cushion to take one of Jean's hits and salvage the match. Boosts just can't make up for that.

Next time maybe. In, what is it, 4, 5 months now? Sheesh.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    If my champed Bobby fails on the first try, I will eat my (chocolate) hat!

sombrero, stetson, or baseball?

Fedora! http://www.victoriabakerymarin.com/menu ... te-fedora/

Barely avoided eating the fedora, as I had less than 1000 health left when I took her out. She got one MOM and FOS off, and the beginning of the match had few blue matches for me.

Yellow FalCap was the end result, which I can squeeze the ISO juice out of from another I have in queue.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    First attempt with my level 111 1/2/3 Iceman. Used +2all AP, +125% crit, +50% Blue/purple.

Of course, the initial board opened with a match-5 sitting right up for grabs icon_rolleyes.gif

Ah well. In the first part of the match, JG kept going for blue matches so that allowed me to gather some purple and green, and even an occasional blue.

By the time she had gathered 12 green, she was still at about 70% of her health I estimate, but with 3-turn stuns from blue and a board that was cooperative enough in providing more blue (and an extra serving of purple + green) I managed to stunlock her to death.

The RNG didn't hit me with ANY skyfall match-5s this time! (Downside, not even in the turns where I had stunned her icon_razz.gif)

Stockpiled the token.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    In case anyone was curious, a 0/0/4 Iceman can NOT get this done. Sadly.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Got her downed again with 0/2/1 level 90. Took six tries. Last was with +2 all, +2 B/P, +100% damage. The purple is key, really helps prevent the stun lock from ending, and helps 86 that CD from time to time.

Got a nice token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngblackflag.png to bring him to 1/4/2.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Last night I managed it with a 1/1/3 Iceman without too much issue. I was surprised because he was 0/1/3 last time it was up and I wasn't close but this time 100% match damage and +4 blue AP got it done at level 96 pretty easily.