Simulation 03 Hard Mode

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
5 tries, 100% loss rate. Does anyone have a good/effective counter or strategy for this team? I beat normal mode with Modern Widow, Modern Storm, and MN Magneto, but I can't seem to down The Hood fast enough.

Comments

• Use Modern Widow. Deny the AI purple and keep stunning The Hood.

Might need to start with a Blue/Purple boost.

What levels are your Storm and Widow? Do you have anyone that can lay some more damage down? Magneto NOW isn't really a great damage dealer.
  • How are you able to use 2* magneto against classic magneto? But toxicadam is right. Try to stnf hood as much and long as possible. I usually target to take him down first.
  • Hitman Inc wrote:
    How are you able to use 2* magneto against classic magneto? But toxicadam is right. Try to stnf hood as much and long as possible. I usually target to take him down first.

2* Mags can be a helluva blue battery. (Trade 10purple for usually 5-10blue + 1-2 crit + possible cascade starter.)
  • You really need to have a strong offense to kill The Hood before he does anything dangerous (like whenever he is not stunned). This isn't a fight you can approach defensively unless you've a great blue draw because of The Hood, you're forced to stun him early which likely will break up your web tiles because you won't have a full stunlock. You still should stun The Hood whenever you can, but someone's got to deliver the offense. I use Patch and Moonstone, which gives you 3 colors to do damage to him (purple/green/red).
  • Tolken wrote:
    Hitman Inc wrote:
    How are you able to use 2* magneto against classic magneto? But toxicadam is right. Try to stnf hood as much and long as possible. I usually target to take him down first.

2* Mags can be a helluva blue battery. (Trade 10purple for usually 5-10blue + 1-2 crit + possible cascade starter.)
    I think he meant that you can't use any version of Mags in a node where your opponent is Mags. The OP is saying he used Mags Marvel Now vs. Classic Mags, which should be impossible.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I went 40 Daken/ 141 Punisher/70 Spidey. The main thing that worked for me was focusing on green to get some Daken strike tiles up and chipping away at the Hood that way. Spidey is more there for insurance: I think Daken/Wolvie/OBW would work fine as well.
  • Definitely the hardest node, only one I've lost on so far.

Punisher/Spidey/IM40
    IM40 Recharge loads up Pun's Retribution and Spidey's Stuns. Chip away at Hood, until you can retribute his ****. Repeat for Mags, then Doom.

Try to deny black and purple when no blue/yellow matches are available. If doom gets off his summon demons with unmatchable red tiles, or Mags translocates someone you're in for a painful match.

My last pass on hard, I got hit with an unfortunate cascade and translocation that left me with just spidey with 1/2 strength Mags and Doom at near full strength. Took me 15 mins of stunlocking and nibbling away hit points 300 at a time to clear. If it happens again I think i'll just retreat, that was excruciatingly painful.
  • Spidey / Patch / Hulk. Stun mags, take out Doom first (obligatory BWA-HA-HA!)

throw out patches and bring the rain !

er, sorry. Keep the cat in the house

throw out Patch and bring the rain !

• My last pass on hard, I got hit with an unfortunate cascade and translocation that left me with just spidey with 1/2 strength Mags and Doom at near full strength. Took me 15 mins of stunlocking and nibbling away hit points 300 at a time to clear. If it happens again I think i'll just retreat, that was excruciatingly painful.

That's pretty much what I do. If I get a real bad board or the AI gets a lucky cascade, just back out. I'd rather take the 45 minute hit from backing out to the 4-5 hour loss if I stay in it and everybody dies.
  • Hitman Inc wrote:

I apologize...Not 2* Magneto, but 2* Wolverine and IM35. I'm got my posts confused this morning.

Thanks for the help everyone.