Board Shaking, please stop.

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I would like to talk about the board shaking that is now in the game. I for one, hate it. Absolutely despise it. Let me explain. I have had more than a few concussions in my life, last one 5 years ago, and I am still feel some effects of this. When the board shake was introduced during the first run of Civil War with 5* Cap, if was not that bad since it was 1 character. Then it was expanded to more and more. The Moon Knight one at the beginning of the match is so dumb, makes no sense, but could deal with it. Now, we have 4* Cage/Power Man. This is out of control now. I had to stop playing Heroic PVE Cage essential, which is the worst PVE anyway, with this power and shaking the screen all the damn time. I had to start looking away and put my hand over the screen because it would mess with my vision, then start to make me dizzy. I know there are others in the game that have the same problem, this was posted about before. This game is about speed and when you are locked in, you are full into the game. So you are staring intently at the screen thinking ahead of your next move to finish the match as quick as possible. I am asking for a way to turn this off for people like myself. The new 4* Cage/Power Man PVP will be up soon and will be absolutely killer for me to the point I might have to skip it, I am a very heavy PVP player. I am hoping this can be addressed and even calmed down in some way with people that are having issues with this.

Thanks
The Rockett

BattleCat Family of Alliance
BattleCatALPHA
BattleCatPRIDE
BattleCatPROWL
BattleCatOPS
BattleCats RAWR
BattleCatUNITE

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I've already said this in 2 other relevant topics, but I feel this is something they need to read, because I completely agree. Power Man's black is giving me motion sickness, not as bad as you, but still annoying enough that I look away from the screen whenever it's the opponents turn.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please.

Triggering the skill multiple times per turn is annoying, but so is Carnage.

But that screen shake is absolutely unbearable, this has to be removed, I'm begging you.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs, please think of board shake as if it were cilantro. In small amounts it can make any recipe awesome, but I'd never want to eat a whole bowl of that ****...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't bother me, but if it is making people ill and a seizure risk then removing it seems like a no brainer to me...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Devs, please think of board shake as if it were cilantro. In small amounts it can make any recipe awesome, but I'd never want to eat a whole bowl of that ****...

Or think of it as clinatro in that there are small percentage of people that have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap. Many people that don't have this gene don't even notice the taste of it at all. If these are the case why put it in everything? Or at least make a clinatro-free alternative for the people that a gene makes it ruin the entire dish.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Devs, please add an option to disable all board shake.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Certainly agree that if there is a risk of seizures involved, it should be removed.

As my personal opinion, I think the game already has enough animation - why do we need to add additional layers?

And, reply to rkd8 - why stop there? Add an option to turn off all animation!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also don't like board shake. It gives me a headache, and if it's causing real damage to other players, then it should definitely be either removed or majorly turned down.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I agree 100%. This felt like something a designer included on his/her own and never went through proper vetting or understanding of the consequences. It's an annoying gimmick at best, and for some people it makes them literally sick. Get rid of it, or at least include an option to disable it.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Clearly, the easiest solution is for you all to play with your eyes closed, blind folded even. Use your other senses, not unlike a Pinball Wizard, or perhaps a Jedi Knight.

You're Welcome icon_e_wink.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Also, stop adding annoying, time-consuming animations to a game which requires speed on so many fronts.

Thanks.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Adding my voice to support the removal of board shake on Luke Cage's defender ability. I don't mind board shake in general, but I also started to get headaches from the constant firing during the heroic PVE.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I wish I didn't have a black cover now. Well at least, now we know the optimal build for 4* Luke Cage is 5/0/5. icon_e_confused.gif
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    madsalad wrote:
    Also, stop adding annoying, time-consuming animations to a game which requires speed on so many fronts.

Thanks.

You wouldn't win anything, because everyone you compete with and try to be faster as would have no annoying and time consuming animations as well, so overall the situation remains the same.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Ks1yEGc-1_zps7vfp8ubs.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Thanks.

You wouldn't win anything, because everyone you compete with and try to be faster as would have no annoying and time consuming animations as well, so overall the situation remains the same.

Except for when I save about 30 minutes of my day not looking at the same stupid animations over and over again. So, no.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    I'll point out this thread to the devs so we can take it into consideration. Thanks everyone.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I'll point out this thread to the devs so we can take it into consideration. Thanks everyone.

Thank you!!!!!
  • WildCardCorsair
    WildCardCorsair Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    While I don't have these problems, I definitely think Luke Cage's black should be changed. Not only to cater to those who need it, but the rest of us too. The animation isn't long per se, but it adds up when it triggers multiple times when opposing teams/AI use 2+ abilities in a row before matching a single tile. It just seems like a no brainer on this one, cut the animation down, have it shake less. I don't think a single person will complain.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I'll point out this thread to the devs so we can take it into consideration. Thanks everyone.

Thank You very much David. I hope they see this and understand how this affects their player base.