Cooldown period in PvP for repeat attack

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I just finished a Lightning Round in which Razzi defeated me 4 times in a 30 minute span and took me down for about 80 points. I only retaliated once at the very end with 3 minutes to go just because I was so frustrated at him. I don't think someone should be able to keep skipping fights and keep attacking you if you don't retailiate back.

I think there should be at least a 30 minute-1 hour cooldown period before that happens.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Vinmarc43
    Options
    Off course they should be something in place for this, I doing one fight and then get attack 6-7 time during my battle to loose a lot of points, I like this game but it is very annoying when this happens.
    Also the weird thing is having the same enemy two out of three challenger which does not make sense at all.
    Still work to be done in this event I guess !!!
  • As someone who is more often the repeating attacker, I really like this idea. If I'm in a weird MMR pool where my options are either all lvl 100+ ***, or one unlucky S.O.B. who is doing well with his 70/70/85 ** team, I'm going to hit the ** every time, it's a no-brainer for me, and it sucks for him.
  • When you get to the upper point tiers of tournaments, you are quite often seeing the same 5-8 players that are viable attack candidates (aka MMR Island). Especially if all of you are just 'treading water' with your point totals.

Cooldown's might work, but they would have to vanish at some point if you attack a few other people. Otherwise you could literally run out of viable people to attack once you get out front of the pack.
  • I guess potentially what they're doing with the skip tax might help a little.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    As someone who is more often the repeating attacker, I really like this idea. If I'm in a weird MMR pool where my options are either all lvl 100+ ***, or one unlucky S.O.B. who is doing well with his 70/70/85 ** team, I'm going to hit the ** every time, it's a no-brainer for me, and it sucks for him.

Kill or be killed. I used to feel guilty about bullying a lesser team, and even went so far as to post apologies on the board.

After the umpteenth time I got slapped down by a max three star team, my empathy has completely evaporated.

If you're in my matchmaking and you're worth 20+ points, and you don't have a max team, then prepare to die.
  • I think the skip tax/victory bonus is supposed to address this anyway, though the person with the weakest team for his rating should be expected to get pounded more.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I would like to see something along the lines of a 5 match ticker where a win (or loss) reduces it and once it hits 0 you can see the person again. I hate beating the same person over and over because they just show up over and over, or because they are by far the most attractive target. Chain reward should help, but Ive been in MMR brackets where I get the same 5-7 people over and over and over.