Does black have any sort of support removal?

Options
Cortexstack
Cortexstack Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
One Suppression Bonds or Claustrophobia and my black deck starts to run into trouble. As far as I can tell my only option is Anguished Unmaking, but that's a rare that I don't have.

Comments

• jimilinho_
    Options
    One Suppression Bonds or Claustrophobia and my black deck starts to run into trouble. As far as I can tell my only option is Anguished Unmaking, but that's a rare that I don't have.

No doesn't really have anything, the biggest pain is hixus prison warden. Fortunately all of these type of supports only need one match to destroy so usually you can deal with these quickly, Alternatively you can splash red with Sarkhan or run some kind of board destruction (sword of the amethyst).
  • rob443
    Options
    It is probably meant this way since black does have problems to deal with enchantments in MTG as well.
  • Cortexstack
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:

run some kind of board destruction (sword of the amethyst).

It's a good idea but I'm running Demonic Pact (which makes me take 30 damage if it's removed from the board) so blasting away randomly is going to ruin me more often that it helps me.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anguished Unmaking, at rare in SoI
  • knthrak
    Options
    Ob Nixilis's ultimate does a pretty good job of killing opposing supports. Takes a few turns for it to really kick in though.
  • Ekkias
    Ekkias Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As shteev said, Anguished Unmaking.
  • Sinslayer5
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Anguished Unmaking, at rare in SoI
    This was my first SOI rare pull, and until I had it, I never realized how rare support removal in black AND white really are. This has got to be one of the most under-appreciated rares in the set.
  • Xakarath
    Options
    Anguished Unmaking is a cornerstone of any black control. It's ability to 2 for 1 is unparalleled, however you do have to play life gain.