Options
2»

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

- I am perfectly fine if other people get prizes I don't. Where did I write anything against it?!
    It's been a long time since my last QB competition.
    There are other people getting the prizes there. I'm perfectly fine with it.

As I stated if they made events "exclusive"(you can only join one) I would have been ok with that.
    For sure would have not complained cause "OMG I can't get all the prizesssss".

You really could do with some of that reading carefully too. That wasn't even directed at you. Just a general game theorish/economics observation.

So to summarise your problem with double events :

1) your coalition specifically urged you not to play both if you don't want to

2) you do it anyway.

3) complain you didn't want to do it, but felt obligated to your coalition despite (1) stating you shouldn't feel so.

Wut?

That just tells me you shouldn't be playing both events. It certainly doesn't tell me that it's a bad idea.

A lot of coalitions were basically resigned to never being competitive. This double event gave them a ray of hope. Sorry, it's not a bad idea just because you had less fun playing in a way everybody told you not to.

I'm with edhdad. More events = better. More free stuff for everyone, and more people feel involved. Why would anyone be against that?

First point: you are denying what is clear as day.
    You were referring to me.
    It would not be needed but here:
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    EDHdad wrote:
    There are probably people that enjoy playing so much in such a short time span.
    I don't and think many like me don't

Do you have to play every event with maximum effort? Nobody complains that Quick Battle events are going on at the same time as Coalition events. Nor that Story Mode is still there. If you can choose to play or not play Quick Battle, couldn't you also choose to play or not play Saheeli? Or at least not play her with 100% pedal-to-the-metal effort?

As far as I'm concerned, they could have events every hour. People are always complaining about stingy drop rates and prize payouts. But then they double or triple the number of prizes being given out in a certain week, and people complain about that as well.

No one likes to admit it, but everyone prefers if only they could get top rewards. What value is your favourite chase mythic if everyone could get it?

Events every 6 hours would be great and shut so many complaints about timezones.
    He is quoting me and you reply quoting him. That means you are referring to me or him. Transitive property if you want to apply logic. Simple.

Second point: yes you described it.
    Wut? So I could simply not play it and leave all others with risk of losing prize cause no one forced me to play?
    Well probably you think that way. I don't.
    I played less, performed very bad for my usual standards but had to get a "decent" score.

If it was exclusively based on me I would have played only one event at a time.
    My collection is at a point where getting anything new valuable is highly unlikely.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Call me crazy, but when the group I belong to officially declares that it's OK to skip an event, I feel it's OK to follow that directive.

You're bound by rules you made yourself. It even goes against the position your coalition is taking.

That's all fine and good. People like to do their own things sometimes. But that's your thing, and the problems it generates is your problem. There isn't a problem with the event because you're finding it less enjoyable. You're doing it to yourself.

You're complaining the whip is too hard when you're flogging yourself.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Call me crazy, but when the group I belong to officially declares that it's OK to skip an event, I feel it's OK to follow that directive.

You're bound by rules you made yourself. It even goes against the position your coalition is taking.

That's all fine and good. People like to do their own things sometimes. But that's your thing, and the problems it generates is your problem. There isn't a problem with the event because you're finding it less enjoyable. You're doing it to yourself.

You're complaining the whip is too hard when you're flogging yourself.
    This should also be taken In account when making a game.
    You have to balance the flow and amount of things one can do.
    It's a specific aspect of games, more so in free to play/mobile games.

Giving all things together and letting the player find their own balance is basically avoiding the matter.

Also i am more concerned about this becoming somewhat regular for future because if you think they would keep the same prizes while having more repeatable content to gather those crystals, you are naive.
  • TheElement
    TheElement Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Morphis,

I am in your pool and agree with you. While I am sure you already have Saheeli along with many others, I do not. I ended up 7 points (1 loss) out of top 5 and 2 points out of top 10. This coalition point system forces the same top tier to play every event, duplicate every top 10/25 finish and leave us bums icon_e_biggrin.gif holding the check. The events are already high stress enough when you are allowed only two, sometimes three losses.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys, crazy as it sounds, you don't have to play every event. Really, you don't. I'm sure your martyrdom will be appreciated by your coalition buddies but honestly, it's not worth the trouble. Just find a coalition that fits your playstyle and suffer no more. Nobody is going to build you a monument for your sacrifice.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can the servers even cope with running 2 events? Because they seem to fall over pretty regularly at the moment.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Double events are great for a new player like me, since I really need the guaranteed uncommons/rares to fill out my decks. The free crystals also help me get new PWs, which (after getting Saheeli and the Lithomancer) I've noticed are SUUUUUPER strong compared to the 10crystal guys.

If a game puts out events that make you want to play more, I think they are getting the right effect. I do agree that the server crashing every time is kind of a mess though... I lost 2 event games because of this.

As a whole, I'd still say that it's better than nothing.
  • Morphis
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:
    Guys, crazy as it sounds, you don't have to play every event. Really, you don't. I'm sure your martyrdom will be appreciated by your coalition buddies but honestly, it's not worth the trouble. Just find a coalition that fits your playstyle and suffer no more. Nobody is going to build you a monument for your sacrifice.
    Actually I was aiming at becoming a saint, so the sacrifice is a good start.
    icon_cool.gif

Anyways as I predicted the end result was more or less the same for me and my coalition.
    I think it did not change much for most players beside basically doubling the prizes.
    A change in quantity, not quality prize wise.
    That of course reflects the simple fact that doubling the events is a change of quantity.

Anyways I learned something for sure: I'll plan better my efforts should this repeat

I still hope it doesn't but can see why some people(mostly new players) really liked it as a boost toward collection improvement cause for them each pack has more value.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    Actually I was aiming at becoming a saint, so the sacrifice is a good start.
    icon_cool.gif

Anyways as I predicted the end result was more or less the same for me and my coalition.
    I think it did not change much for most players beside basically doubling the prizes.
    A change in quantity, not quality prize wise.
    That of course reflects the simple fact that doubling the events is a change of quantity.

Anyways I learned something for sure: I'll plan better my efforts should this repeat

I still hope it doesn't but can see why some people(mostly new players) really liked it as a boost toward collection improvement cause for them each pack has more value.

Mid range players benefited too.

Guys in my coalition were all excited about finding themselves in reach of top 10 this time.