Is 4* Thor Still Worth Champing?

2»

Comments

• Thorin radd
    Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I decided on Nova.
    Yes My IM40 is 216 Currently but While She hits a Ton I agree. I have many other options. and Now You game me a team idea with OML Nova and X23...Lookout
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I think Nova is better unbooseted and pairs well with more people... That said, it also depends on your roster and your goals. Are you a PVPer with a solid 5* who needs a 4* partner? Nova's the right choice. Are you primarily PVE who already has 2+ 5* and you need someone to compliment them or give you another option if you need solid stun? Go with GT.

Also, I'm really interested to try GT the next time she is buffed with Boltagon. I think his AP acceleration, extra charged tiles, and passive damage dealing are going to go very well with her... So if you are new to the 5* range and focusing on the latest legends packs, GT might pair better with at least one of them.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Leveling my 424 TGT to 180 was my solution to Sim42 in this gauntlet. Boltagon hands her the damage to be able to take him out....
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Speaking of which.

She scales exceptionally well for a 4, to the point where I was crushing the hardest node in Rocket & Groot. Or Smiting. Went very well.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    A good third between Thoress and IM40 is Kingpin as well. His purple basically gives you a free recharge and, if you've got enough already, it lets you double-dip into it. Plus in a pinch he can finger one of the countdowns for a clean 5-6k for petty minimal commitment, and there's some tactical thought in there as well.

5 yellow available and two recharges? Pop one, finger a countdown, then pop the other. Optimized.

Doesn't let you use green though, but if Thoress is your main slugger then you won't miss it much because of the sheer amount of red and blue you'll be snagging
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, she has a new potential partner now with the Totally Awesome Hulk redesign. For 7 black AP, you can get 6 charged tiles (rank 5 Hot Dog Stand) to supercharge the Smite damage. It lacks the speed of IM40 recharge, but you can pair them with him anyway (Recharge makes green after all), or if you want a full team of legendaries, use Red Hulk, and you cover all colors.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    At that point you can pair off TAH + TGT + IM40 and now you have green & black covered along with a massive blue uptick and enough charge tiles to crush anyone in comparatively few rounds as Hot Dog Stand is cheap, and recharge is cheap. It's a combo, but it's a combo that adds some 3k worth of damage (or more; currently buffed in my roster she's doing 8066 + 1453/tile, so add six tiles even before she throws Power Surge and it's over before it begins).

So yes. Now she's really, really worth championing.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any good tier 4 is worth championing, and 4hor is good tier, so she is worth championing.

I like Nova a lot, so I might champ him first, but 4hor is a very nice 4 to champ when you are doing the 3->4 transition, more useful than Nova (a lot of life, hits very hard with her red, clears enemy tiles, and her blue stuns always), and she plays super great with IM40. You can kill almost anything with those two.

So, Run you fool and champ her ! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had loads of fun with her during this current PVE event. Stunning Doom is really useful before he can get his health eating tiles out.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I finally champed Th4r on Friday, and had an absolute ball with her in the R&G event. IM40 + boosted Th4r + boosted X-23 = good times. With enough strike tiles, I was routinely one-shotting stuff over 20k+, and finished t10 in my bracket.

I also reached 4* progression in the Iron First PvP event (a rarity for me) using IF/IM40/Th4r, and cruised to the mini-season 4* in one sitting using IM40/Th4r/Rulk, so that champing has already paid off nicely. Thanks for all the feedback!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    new version of this question: Should I level my 3/5/3 XPool or my 3/3/4 GT?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    chamber44 wrote:
    XFDP's best role is in complementing your first 5* against teams of 2 5*. If you aren't trying to transition to the 5* tier, I imagine there are better places to put your ISO.

That GT is a decent build, but not great. Since you don't have 5 red, she is best used for her stun and charged tile generation, with occasional special tile removal... Both of which don't require additional levels.

She is decent in PVE in that spec, so you can level her some if you play it primarily. If you are going PVP, it depends on your 4clops and IMHB... Those are better red/blue users at an equivalent level. Also, if you don't have a fully covered IM40, you lose a lot with GT.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    jobob wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    XFDP's best role is in complementing your first 5* against teams of 2 5*. If you aren't trying to transition to the 5* tier, I imagine there are better places to put your ISO.

That GT is a decent build, but not great. Since you don't have 5 red, she is best used for her stun and charged tile generation, with occasional special tile removal... Both of which don't require additional levels.

She is decent in PVE in that spec, so you can level her some if you play it primarily. If you are going PVP, it depends on your 4clops and IMHB... Those are better red/blue users at an equivalent level. Also, if you don't have a fully covered IM40, you lose a lot with GT.
    i've got Rulk, 4Clops, and IMHB as my only 4* champs at the moment. I do have IM40 champed as well, and that was a fun PvP week when Rulk was champed. I'm not much of a PvE player.

Sounds like i should just hold on to my ISO
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:

Sounds like i should just hold on to my ISO

Yes, save it for now, wait until you max cover one of those (or any other good/top tier 4) and use the saved iso then. A 10 cover 4 is not going to help you that much.