Damage prevention must go

Options
warcin
warcin Posts: 118
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I know, I know another in the string of RC rants, but come on this has to be fixed. In paper magic it is manageable since you can choose to attack or not. On top of that defenders can only defend against one thing, and if that defender attach it can not defend. But in this none of those applies so that you get an unstoppable wipe out machine. Damage prevention just does not work with the way this game is designed

Comments

• Netatron
    Options
    If you check the RC complaint thread, that's what's most likely to happen. They just take months to patch major issues that are easy to fix.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem isn't damage prevention, it's damage prevention coupled with hexproof. On its own, damage prevention is countered by a 5-cost removal spell.

In fact, "prevent damage" has been nerfed to the high heavens which made Underworld Champion easily manageable. It also made Erebos's Titan completely useless.
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to deal with RC. They've already been covered in previous threads. The best part is...

They work for other creatures as well. So if you're thinking you have to put a specific card in there just to deal with RC, i thnk you're missing the point. The card maybe OP, but its far from impossible to deal with.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chavez303 wrote:
    There are plenty of ways to deal with RC. They've already been covered in previous threads. The best part is...

They work for other creatures as well. So if you're thinking you have to put a specific card in there just to deal with RC, i thnk you're missing the point. The card maybe OP, but its far from impossible to deal with.
    Not totally true.
    There is definitely no card totally useless outside of RC but many are put there specifically for it.
    That means you are not playing the deck you would like to.

The result is either a deck performing worse or a deck less fun to play, or both.

Of course if I can build a version of any deck that has innate reply to rc I will play that.
    I'd like to choose which build to play though and not feel forced toward one.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've accepted RC for what it is and don't expect the rumored fix to happen anytime soon. I just want there to be a buff icon that indicates when something has prevent damage.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Chavez303 wrote:

Not totally true.
    There is definitely no card totally useless outside of RC but many are put there specifically for it.

The result is either a deck performing worse or a deck less fun to play, or both.

Of course if I can build a version of any deck that has innate reply to rc I will play that.

I'm still waiting for my goblin deck to be viable.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Morphis wrote:
    Chavez303 wrote:

Not totally true.

I'm still waiting for my goblin deck to be viable.

Goblins are stronger than ever with Zada and Harness the Storm.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    Goblins are stronger than ever with Zada and Harness the Storm.

That may be, but it doesn't mean that they are strong.