Who would you champ next?

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi fellow forumites I think I need a bit of advice. After a couple of weeks I have obtained enough iso to champ another 4, but after champing all 4s that in my opinion are good, I don't know who to champ next :S (yeah I know, first world problems)

I already have 16 champed 4s (see in the bottom), and 3 5s champed. And I have covers in the pipeline for Drax (3), Reed and Venom. No 5 soon to be cover maxed (my GG has 8 covers, so I doubt I am going to pull 3-4 covers in the next 15 days to make him useful).

So, the question is, what would you do?
Champ the one with more covers, in this particular case Drax. And just keep champing anyone you get a cover for in that order.
Forget about those, they are not that good. Champ Miles, Gwen, WinterSoldier, Carnage or MoonK instead. -> Speficy who would you max and why please
Save the iso, maybe there is a confluence in the stars and you will pull six 5s in a row your next pull streak.
Forget about 4s, champ all your 3s first! (still 10 or so not champed)

The list of 4s I already have champed is: IMHB, Rhulk, xforce, cyclops, 4hor, xpool, jean, iceman, thing, Punisher, nova, x23, Peggy, Quake, Antman, KP
4s not cover maxed yet: Kate, Wasp, SpiderWoman
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    FWIW, I have roughly the same list of champs as you. Replace your Pun, Peggy, and KP with Carnage, PX, and Fury. I plan on maxing Pun/Peggy when I get the covers. I have 34/40 3*s champed. No plans to finish the last few yet. Maybe eventually, but not now. Moral of the story - roughly same boat, but I don't have any 5* usable besides OML. I'm also sitting on 900k iso8.png

The others for sure I'm going to champ besides Peggy/Punisher, are Kate, Moon Knight, and now maybe Cho. KP, FalCap, Miles, and maybe Jessica are next but I'm undecided on all. Anyone else I don't think is worth the iso investment unless you have an incredible earn rate, or are done with 5* leveling for the foreseeable future.

So for you, my opinion is the same list: Kate, Moon Knight, and maybe Cho. I'd also add Carnage/PX, as obviously I've done both and think they're worth it. The former is just a nightmare when he's boosted, run OML and the loaner, suicide the loaner over and over and his red will chew threw anything. PX is probably never going to crack the PvP meta but champing him lets me run 355 as a PvE superstar. I do have a low level dupe of him for the rare instances I still want to run winfinite.

To me, Drax/Reed are bottom tier and never worth it. Venom I have near the top of the 4th tier (in a 5 tier split), so well down the list. I do have Venom above Fury but Fury I maxed a long time ago, so made no sense not to champ him when the time came.

Hope that helps.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    The others for sure I'm going to champ besides Peggy/Punisher, are Kate, Moon Knight, and now maybe Cho. KP, FalCap, Miles, and maybe Jessica are next but I'm undecided on all. Anyone else I don't think is worth the iso investment unless you have an incredible earn rate, or are done with 5* leveling for the foreseeable future.

So for you, my opinion is the same list: Kate, Moon Knight, and maybe Cho. I'd also add Carnage/PX, as obviously I've done both and think they're worth it. The former is just a nightmare when he's boosted, run OML and the loaner, suicide the loaner over and over and his red will chew threw anything. PX is probably never going to crack the PvP meta but champing him lets me run 355 as a PvE superstar. I do have a low level dupe of him for the rare instances I still want to run winfinite.

Hope that helps.

I made a mistake, in fact I also have a MoonK cover waiting, so I guess I can champ him, but the opinion of the people that have him maxed is that he is not that good, and maybe Drax can be good when champed :S

Punisher and Peggy are really really great, top tier.

I would champ Kate if I could, but I still don't have the covers, so I guess I will get enough iso to champ her when I get these two elusive covers I need (she is 3/5/3 and I already had to sell like 3 blacks :S).

ProfX is maybe the only good 4 I don't have champed. Soon my GSBW will finally have a bigger level than him, this is why I don't want to champ him. I though of champing Carnage, but he is a problem with so many OMLs out there. I love playing against carnage with my OML, free attack tiles icon_e_biggrin.gif

In the end, the worst part is that I don't think I am going to use any of those 4s I still can champ, so I guess I can champ any and it will be the same icon_e_sad.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I made a mistake, in fact I also have a MoonK cover waiting, so I guess I can champ him, but the opinion of the people that have him maxed is that he is not that good, and maybe Drax can be good when champed :S

Interesting. I don't have Moon top tier or anything but I have him in the 17-20 range, right next to Kate. Both look to deal a ton of damage boosted, which is basically everything in this game. I'm not close on maxing either (need 7-8 covers for both), but they're on the list.
    I thought of champing Carnage, but he is a problem with so many OMLs out there. I love playing against carnage with my OML, free attack tiles

If nothing else, the week he's boosted it's better to have him than be without him, IMO. Obviously if you're running OML/PHX (or other 5* combo) it doesn't matter, but if you're like me and relying on boosted 4*, his speed can be everything (and saves some Sim hits from people who don't want to waste health packs there)
    In the end, the worst part is that I don't think I am going to use any of those 4s I still can champ, so I guess I can champ any and it will be the same icon_e_sad.gif

If you're already in 5* MMR/scaling land, then yeah, the decision is mostly irrelevant, at that point 4* are just a farm so champing any of them will pay dividends really, but it's still better to start top down. And Carnage, IMO, is definitely in that tier just below the best.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of the three characters, I'd prioritize Venom, then Reed, then Drax. Drax is simply too cumbersome to use. Purple's turn end is dumb design, Black takes too many resources to get the most out of it, and Red, while strong, is too likely to be used too late for its potential damage. Reed, at least, is support, with a decent stun and defense in blue, and nice bonus damage from black, especially when double-dipping on strike tiles. He's still more PVE, but more useable. Venom provides some big damage with that yellow, which is great, and the drawback isn't the worst since Black reduces the protect tiles he gives. The green is more situational, and puts him in a similar niche as Doc Oct, punishing special spam teams. Really, with such a large base of legendaries, I'd shift back down to champion rares so the covers from Deadpool's Big Enchilada will always have a use. There are still really good teams, rewards, Legendary Tokens, covers, and PVP cycles through Rares rather than legendaries, so leveling them remains useful to do.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided at 10 champs (+ a 405 OML) to go back and finish all 3s and 2s. it took a long time because I had been all about 'efficiency' and only had the top half of the 3s champed. however, I do not regret it. I'm back on 4s now and up to 14.

edit: I discovered that a 405 OML doesn't really help performance that much, so why would the 11th, 12th or 13th best 4* help? mmr keeps half the people who see you in their queues stronger than you. that never changes except for a handful of people in the game, and they all play with 550s. now every time I get a cover drop or a token or a placement cover, it goes to champ levels. has done wonders for my shield rank and hp production.