Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Spider-Gwen

2»

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Got it on my first try with my 150 4/3/4 Gwen. Boosted +100% damage, +50% r/y damage, +50% p/b damage.

He got off one red and two yellows. I banked purple and would only stun him when I saw a great opportunity to get some good match 4s on color.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    So far my 2/1/0 isn't coming anywhere close. Since I see that someone managed it with a 0/2/1, I guess I should be able to do it? In theory? Since I have a stun and they didn't?

If I manage it I'll share. But not letting miles fire one red or two purple is tough.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Got it on the first try: 3-1-5, level 155 Boosted with: +2 Red/Yellow, +2 All, and +100% all

Saved up Red until I had 20, used yellow to fill the board with webs, so I was able to fire the Red Attack 3 times in a row and down he went!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Last time, my Spider-Gwen was 2/1/1 and had no chance. I've been bombarded with covers for her since, bringing her to L133 4/5/2. So I was looking forward to this fight, then thought they'd shelved it to restart with X-23, then was happy to see her Crash pop up today.

I went in cold, figuring I'd take an initial whack to see what the fight was like. Since they share the same three colors, I thought I'd prioritize red, followed by yellow and purple, and try to build web tiles to get the most mileage out of red.

Predictably, the AI kept falling into red cascades all over the place. It got so bad I was down 13000 to 400 health, then realized Miles had put enough web tiles on the board to reduce my red cost to 6, and I had 14AP banked. So I hit Miles twice for 7k a pop and pulled a win out of thin air.

My reward: redflag.pngicon_nova.png Nova, now 2/1/1. I have an amazing knack for pulling covers for Crashes I just lost.

I guess this will be the last Crash of this cycle, and I'll finish at 16-9, which I'm pretty happy about, as I'd barely ever won a Crash before that. Hopefully I can get closer to 75% this next round.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Did they nerf Miles cover count? I managed to do this with level 111 1/2/2 Gwen. Did a dry run then beat it all ap, YR damage, all damage boosts. Gathered red/purp, stun when needed to deny red and wait for him to drop webs to use red.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm noticing that I can stun him while he's invisible, and if I can stun him, I can hit him with red, but I haven't been able to get him down below 7k (though I could have gotten him down to around 4k if I'd had a stun to use before he killed me).

I'll give it one shot with boosts.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. Not happening. Any web tile match feeds him purple and red, apparently. and once he's got enough web tiles on the board (which happens quick if you leave the yellow to him), that's the shooting match.

Oh well. Next time, maybe.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me seven times with a 5/1/4 level 172.

This is very much like the FalCap match - either you have the red covers or it's darn near impossible. I eventually hoarded 30 (!) red and went purple (stun so you don't give Miles AP)/yellow (make more web tiles for myself)/red (6) red (7) red (8) red (9) [Drain all 30 red AP].

That did not kill him. Thankfully match damage to get up to that point lowered him enough and I was able to finish him off.

I get that Gwen has a strong red when boosted - but this convinces me otherwise she is a terrible character. And Miles is just an awful matchup to put her against, since your yellow is worthless except to give Miles more chances to make AP.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    If you need more evidence that Morales should be the first 4 to be rebalanced, I beat him with a 1-3-0 level 111 Gwen... no boosts.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    It took 5 tries but finally beat Miles with a level 110 5/5/3 Spider Gwen; finally had a board with enough purple and red to stun Miles while I gathered enough for 2 Cherry Bombs. I let Miles spam tiles with yellow bc I kept denying any purple for him. Got a Kate Bishop Black for my troubles icon_e_smile.gif It was a fun challenge to beat him and not level her up any more.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach's level 135 3/4/5 managed it 3rd try. 1st vanilla try I got smacked around too much, 2nd try boosted I couldn't get any red at all, 3rd try was much more friendly and I won easily.

I wasn't going to attempt it with Wolveroach's level 111 1/2/2, but after reading some of the success stories here, I might give it a go when I get home this evening. What's the worst that can happen?
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    2 unsuccessful tries with 1/2/2 Spider-Gwen with +2 R/Y, +2 All colors, 100% All boost

Will try again later and hope for a favorable board
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Got it with lvl 94 1/2/1, + 50% r/y + 100% All +2 all, honestly it took about 8 tries, and I got super lucky on the last one. Ended with 478 hp, got stunned once, then he cast webs while I had a stockpile of red and stuns.. it was gg from there. Rewarded with a redflag.pngicon_blackwidow.pngtoken_legendary.png felt really good after all the frustration.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    SirLanik wrote:
    So far my 2/1/0 isn't coming anywhere close. Since I see that someone managed it with a 0/2/1, I guess I should be able to do it? In theory? Since I have a stun and they didn't?

If I manage it I'll share. But not letting miles fire one red or two purple is tough.

I'm having very little luck with my 0/1/2 Gwenno too, and my boosts are running out. I haven't once been able to successfully deny red and/or purple before my health runs out and he cleans my clock with a 4-digit attack. I'd like to blame a bad board but sometimes I have to admit to user error.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    6th time lucky with Wolveroach's level 111 1/2/2. Boosted y/r, p/b, all, got quite lucky with red, was about to die but had enough purple to stun him, made a match that got me nearly enough red, fired off a yellow to make more web tiles and red came into play. Take that you annoying little scrote.

Drax black from the token, which was nice, and takes him to 1/1/1.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Won with my level 90 2/4/0 without using any boosts on my second try. Was avoiding putting any iso into her since I'm in the middle of championing a bunch of 3-stars so I'm pretty happy it worked out! My reward was:

blueflag.pngicon_iceman.png
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    If you need more evidence that Morales should be the first 4 to be rebalanced, I beat him with a 1-3-0 level 111 Gwen... no boosts.

Seems like it would just indicate that the computer plays the character badly, a human player would get him invisible as soon as possible and load up on ap as long as it lasted.