4* Iron Patriot

Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
IIM19.jpg

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn)

greenflag.png(Passive) The Goblin Within: No matter whether he's wearing an iron suit, or even a clean cut shirt and tie, Norman will always The Green Goblin deep down inside. Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, Norman shortens the duration of a friendly countdown tile by 1 and generates 1 green AP. If you have 14 or more green AP, consume all green AP and destroy all enemy and friendly strike or protect tiles dealing damage but not gaining AP.
2 Covers: Generates 2 green AP.
3 Covers: Destroys all special tiles and generates 3 green AP.
4 Covers: Generates 4 green AP.
5 Covers: Generates 5 green AP.

redflag.png10 AP Star-Spangled Uni-Beam: Norman prepares to fire from his star-shaped emblem, boosting morale while decimating the enemy! Turn a chosen red tile into a 3-turn blue countdown tile which when activated deals 900 damage and turns all basic red tiles into strength 50 friendly strike tiles. Norman is stunned

Passive: Each turn that this countdown tile is active, turn a random basic tile on the board into a basic red tile.

2 Covers: Deals 1500 damage.
3 Covers: Deals 2100 damage and creates strength 91 strike tiles.
4 Covers: Deals 3050 damage and creates strength 105 strike tiles
5 Covers: Deals 4000 damage and creates strength 130 strike tiles.

blueflag.png8 AP Light Show: Norman lights up the sky with rockets, repulsor beams, and bombs, all erratically hitting the opposing team in completely random directions but also leaving him vulnerable! Destroys 5 random basic and enemy strike tiles dealing damage to the enemy team and earning AP but also turns a random basic black tile into a strength 65 enemy strike tile. Generates 1 additional red AP for each special tile destroyed.
2 Covers: Also may destroy enemy protect, attack, or countdown tiles. AP cost reduced by 1
3 Covers: Destroys 6 tiles
4 Covers: Destroys 7 tiles
5 Covers: Destroys 8 tiles.

You might notice the fact that I made it so his red power doesn't really do that much damage. The reason is because in the comics the star-shaped emblem on his chest actually made his uni-beam WEAKER than iron man's. Norman didn't know enough about Stark's tech to modify it correctly, thus he made a very adept suit. Nonetheless, I tried to portray that kind of "clumsy" fighting style along with Norman's arrogance to make him a very viable and unique character.

But I still tried to balance out his red power by giving it something that is worth 10 AP. Something like Captain Falcon's yellow power except more aggressive.

Comments

• slantedandenchanted
    Options
    Made a few changes
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know that Iron Patriot is in the console version of MPQ but I haven't played him. I wonder how his powers there match up to what you created.

Have you noticed that he does have a "smilie" on this message board? icon_ironpatriot.png
  • slantedandenchanted
    Options
    I know that Iron Patriot is in the console version of MPQ but I haven't played him. I wonder how his powers there match up to what you created.

Have you noticed that he does have a "smilie" on this message board? icon_ironpatriot.png

Console version?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options

Console version?

For X-Box and Playstation. You can play story mode or PVP against a friend in the room. The game play is similar to the mobile but is its own entity.
  • slantedandenchanted
    Options

Console version?

For X-Box and Playstation. You can play story mode or PVP against a friend in the room. The game play is similar to the mobile but is its own entity.

Wow I just looked it up! Awesome!