**** Sam Wilson (Captain America) ****

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    My hb is at 2/0/2 but I definitely forgot about him as another to go with CapFal. Might be a better generator of red than CM. I'll miss the stun on black.

Also, you guys were talking about needing a green and purple, well HB's blue turn green to red so it's not even necessary to have a green user imo.

IF still goes well with HB and CF...... In theory.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    X-23 wouldn't be a bad combo to that. All the extra red might give her some pretty good healing sprees.
    Also those shields would work wonders since she can pump out some good damage and won't be totally boned over, and provides a more balanced offense.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falcap with IMHB is a beast! You might think I'm crazy but stick with me. Respec HB to 3/5/5 and use him to power up Falcap.
    Before you but the repulsor punch.... here is the math:
    At 9 AP HB does 5706 damage.
    At 14 AP HB does 8876 and falcap does 7993 damage without shields.
    Adding just 1 shield, say adding Luke Cage to the team and the damage increases to 9193 damage.
    By using HB's blue at 5, it adds 3 protect tiles to the board giving falcap a total of 11608 damage.
    Using falcap's yellow can give an average of 9 protect tiles for a total of 18838 damage.
    Combining these powers (12 protect tiles) gives a grand total of 22453 damage.
    At the most (30 AP) HB can only do 19020 damage and after one use it depletes all the AP.
    Falcap can fire his power twice (for 28 AP) and do 40000+ damage.
    Falcap has a great potential to do more damage and with the right board, can be exponentially more powerful.

As a man who loves me some falcap this piece of advice was awesome. Even my level 140 falcap is wrecking maxed 4* teams in this formation. Great piece of advice thanks!

You can throw in 3* marvel for extra red and black generation too
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Yeah I used captain marvel before my HB was champed. With falcap's weakest color as red and captain marvel's strongest as red, they are a great team. She tanks red and black for easy generation.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly with the combo of HB and falcap, I think there is enough shields. And to add spidey or bullseye would leave the team with only really one attack. Instead I'd suggest Rulk (whom I champed) or Teen Jean. This gives your team both powerful AoEs and a power nuke. Plus Teen Jean has the opportunity to give more special tiles.

Yeah or you could add PH and have even more crazy red acceleration icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you don't have a working OML or GG this team may be a very strong team to fight those.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    What about a 5 yellowflag.png 5 blueflag.png 3 redflag.png build? Personally I think his redflag.png ability is overrated, why not use him strictly as a support character?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    What about a 5 yellowflag.png 5 blueflag.png 3 redflag.png build? Personally I think his redflag.png ability is overrated, why not use him strictly as a support character?

Cos he's not actually that good at support. Filling the board with weak yellow protect tiles for 9ap isn't great. If there are actually enough yellow tiles to get some real protection, then they will be matches away. And his blue is just a modest bump to 2 tiles and reducing a single CD (which may even be desirable depending).

I agree that his red isn't great. But it IS uncapped single target damage that can be in the 20k+ range even when he is unboosted. That's pretty rare.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good news - I got my 12th cover for Falcap recently from a Legendary token.
    Bad news - It was his 7th blue cover, and he's sitting at 5/5/0. icon_evil.gif

Without his red, is he worth any ISO? He's still sitting way down in the 80s for his level, as I've had lots of other folks to put ISO into recently. About the best possible thing I could think of for him is the put lots of friendly protect tiles down for the enemy to match and heal my 2/5/5 Mr Fantastic. And when using Mr Fantastic is your BEST case scenario, you know you have problems...
  • Vhailorx
    He is not worth any iso at 5/5/0.
  • sambrookjm
    Vhailorx wrote:

Heh...just got a Red cover for him out of a 20 CP Legendary Token. My heart dropped when I saw the FalCap logo, but was quite happy with the result. Is he worth leveling up at 5/5/1?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Heh...just got a Red cover for him out of a 20 CP Legendary Token. My heart dropped when I saw the FalCap logo, but was quite happy with the result. Is he worth leveling up at 5/5/1?

Maybe to like 150 for the Crash node, otherwise not really icon_e_sad.gif
  • Man, I cowered in fear as soon as this guy turned up in Capt. America's summoning in the Civil War PvE. He summons a ton of protect tiles and immediately strikes hard and easily one-shots one of my characters. Can't wait to get him myself.
  • Vhailorx
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

To the extent that flaptain is good at all, he needs 5 red. His blue isnt great (it doesn't boost tiles enough, and lots CDs now are better if they last longer!). And his yellow is only ok (a bit too expensive since it spawns tiles on the same color you need to cast). So his shtick is that he can do massive single target damage, which doesn't really happen until he has 5 red covers.

5/5/1 isn't much better than 5/5/0 unfortunately. But it's also a necessary step for you on the path to making him viable. So I would say be patient and wait until you get a couple more red covers. Then you can thing about champ'ing him and respec'ing.
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Falcap, X23 and Mr. Fanstactic could be a great team, characterised by:

A. Strong defence: 2 true healers, Sea of shields (protect the team and for Mr. F regenerate), Shields Strengthening
    B. Strong Attack: Enchanced match damage, X23 green and purple, and Fatal Dive Bomb
    C. Strong stun

When the team is using various strategies to defend themselves, they gather resources for attacks, and intervene the enemies with stun.

Also, they have great synergies working together: matching blue can strengthen shield and prepare for stun; matching red, purple or green matches can generate heal for X23 and prepare for attack, and even with enhanced match damage; not to mention the synergies in matching yellow and black.

One of the problem with this team is: it is rather slow before the team can fully function, and some characters like loki or JG might tackle the team well with their special skill. But apart from these, this team is still great especially for tackling long term fights.
  • sambrookjm
    maximumboo wrote:
    Falcap, X23 and Mr. Fanstactic could be a great team, characterised by:

A. Strong defence: 2 true healers, Sea of shields (protect the team and for Mr. F regenerate), Shields Strengthening
    B. Strong Attack: Enchanced match damage, X23 green and purple, and Fatal Dive Bomb
    C. Strong stun

I tried this team on the Big Enchilada. 4/2/5 X-23 at LVL 229, 2/5/5 Mr Fantastic at LVL 180, and 5/5/1 FalCap at LVL 135.

Got plenty of blacks the five or six turns to cast Imaginaut. So far, so good. Then I started matching blues, and the timer on Imaginaut went down each time. Some not-so-good synergy there. icon_e_sad.gif The Maggia guys were using a lot of the yellow tiles for their countdowns, so FalCap's shields didn't appear as frequently as I would have liked.

Only the fourth team today had any characters that could move tiles (Two of Ultron's Sentry robots), so X-23s traps just sat in corners, waiting to be sprung. I did manage to match one of them to take down a robot, but the others did nothing.

Today's Enchilada probably wasn't the best test for them, but I give you credit for using Mr F in a team. I'm another one that uses him with X-23. I generally use the two of them with Daken. His Strike tiles are much more consistent than FalCaps' shields, they reduce the cost of Tracking Prey (mine cost 12, 12 and 11 when I cast them.), and he true heals as well. Give me a Yellow OML cover (PLEASE! icon_e_smile.gif and I'll replace Daken on that team in a heartbeat.

Edit - Tried the same team against Hood/Don/Konran in the last fight of Sub 1 of Hearts of Darkness. Hood's AP theft is a real drag on this team, since their cheapest ability is 8 (assuming no reduction on the purple) Between Hood and the Don using yellow for Countdowns, I never got FalCap's yellow off the entire match. On the bright side, X-23 recovered nicely from a couple of Meteor Strikes to the face!
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Strategically, true healing & attack are more important skills than defensive or stun, as the objective of this game is to win and preserve health.

At level 270, Mr.F and X23 tanks 5 colours except yellow. Matching red, green or purple are the most preferred moves because they heal X23 and at the same time collect power for her attack. Focusing on matching green and red, Player can fire off dive bomb and x23 green with the team remain intact.

Matching yellow, blue or black are less preferred and depends on player's calculation - Matching yellow falcap can raise shields for team protection and Mr.X healing, but expose himself to take damage at the front. Matching blue and black, Mr. X can stun and cast imaginaut, at the risk of self-healing not activated if no shields exist. But in general, if the falcap yellow can be fired off earlier, the whole team should become much strengthened in term of overall defence and sustainability.

As Sambrookjm said, this team is more suitable in PVP where the board is more dynamic. Replacing falcap with Daken is also a good idea even there is no exit for red and yellow, if in the end the team could win and preserve health.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    FalCap is a monster! why is everyone so down on him? due to that stigma i haven't used him much. but with him being boosted right now, i have realized his damage output is through the roof. granted, it takes some time and some setup (9 yellow and 14 red), but good golly he can one shot anyone at my scaling.

he's currently a 3/4/5 build at level 192. his red does 6,623 dmg plus 1,000 for each protect. that's not too shabby on its own, but boosted, it's 8,022+1,210...

I've gotten an average of 8-10 protects out, which is good for a 20k shot while boosted. going with 9 protects on the board, you're looking at 822 dmg/AP. is there anyone else with a higher dmg/AP? i'm sure someone has done the research and put it in a spreadsheet...

and my falcap isn't even maxed! wow... i wouldn't say he's in the top 10, but it seems a lot of people have talked him down into the bottom 10.
  • Vhailorx
    He can do awesome single target damage (one of the few 4*s that caj do 20+k in a single hit unboosted).

But he is super slow, and his blue power can be a detriment with some partners. Plus there is no shortage of very strong red attacks in 4* land.

All together he just isnt great in a game where speed is much more important that defense.

He's definitely not top 10, but neither is he bottom of the barrel.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I agree with Vhailorx's comments. I did the write-up for Falcap in the forthcoming forum rankings and said a lot of similar stuff. Here's what I wrote up (coming soon to a rankings list near you)...

Very much a support character, like his 3* counterpart, Falcap is centered on defense, buffing special tiles and reducing countdown tiles. He has a very powerful attack in his red, but at 14 AP is quite slow to fire off, and is also dependent upon the number of protect tiles on the board. Captain Falcon doesn't work as well with as many characters as 3* Falcon, primarily because of his blue power. Whereas 3* Falcon only buffed tiles when making yellow matches, 4* Falcon both buffs special tiles and reduces random friendly countdown tiles by 1 when making blue matches. This makes Falcap a poor partner for any character who benefits from having their countdown tiles stay on the board longer (e.g., 3* Luke Cage, Iceman (if you want to punch a snowman rather than stun), Star-Lord) or needs multiple countdowns to go off simultaneously (IM40). But if you pair 4* Sam with characters that want their countdowns going off quickly, to generate AP or cause damage quicker, he can be quite useful, even while underleveled.

Yellow: Fairly cheap (9 AP) and creates protect tiles on all basic yellow tiles on the board.
    Blue: Passively strengthens friendly tiles and reduces countdowns -- at 5 covers and max level, is strengthening 2 tiles by 129 and reducing 1 random friendly countdown tile on each blue match.
    Red: Does great damage at max level but is expensive at 14 AP (and best fired when you have multiple protect tiles on the board, for even more damage).

Pros
    • Can be a helpful support character when on the right team
    Cons
    • A support character that can be hard to find a slot or team for
    • His blue countdown-reduction only works with certain characters and hurts others
    • Red can be powerful but requires lots of AP and, preferably, protect tiles on the board
    Recommended build: 3/5/5

Good partners: Anyone who benefits from countdown reduction (e.g., Scarlet Witch, Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, TAHulk, Peggy Carter, Wasp), or special tile creators (e.g., Daken, Blade, Beast, Iron Fist)
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    With my 3rd blueflag.png for falcap, I've got him at 3/3/5 lvl 192. He's on my radar to ISO up. Still, that 3rd blue opens things up. I'm really feeling.....

Switch 5/3/5
    IMHB 4/1/4
    Falcap 3/3/5

They can get you in so many ways. Matching blue lowers the CD on Switch and adds to IMHB's blue power which puts more red on the field and more shields to power up Sam's divebomb. Switch's AOE stun is almost an afterthought until it you get a match-5 from it. And IMHB's black gives you 5 red at 11. Switch's green helps a bit, getting you that last 1-3 AP in a color you need. The rainbow is covered.