Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Green Goblin, Sam Wilson (Cap America), and Scarlet Witch is a silly, chaotic team. There's countdown tiles all over the place, being fortified, counting down an extra turn, going off. It's not killer effective because it lacks a blue outlet and at low levels, Goblin's purple isn't that much better than Switch's purple, but it's really entertaining.

Also, I know this isn't exactly a shocker, but I'm finally able to put out a competitive Spider-Gwen & Miles combo, and they're really just fun to play. Everything accelerates everything else, you have actual legit reasons to use most of their powers (not Gwen yellow.. sad..), even though they overlap. Combine with Black Suit Spidey for rainbow coverage and all of the stuns make BSS stronger, or combine with 3* Spidey for more web tiles.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Today's theme was animals of land, sea, and air.

Land: icon_squirrelgirl.png L169, 3/5/5
    Sea: icon_doctoroctopus.png L176, 5/5/3
    Air: icon_falcon.png L168, 5/5/3

Doc Ock and Doreen took quite a beating while Sam hid in the background. All three survived The Big Enchilada but I took more of a beating than I have for a while.

What a shame that today's icon_sentry.png cover wasn't the color I need in order to Champion the creep.
  • JeffCascadian
    I decided to handicap myself today by playing characters that all used the same three colors. The chosen sacrifices, I mean heroes, were icon_captainamerica.png , icon_ironman.png , and icon_magneto.png , all in their star.pngstar.pngstar.png versions. Iron Man was there just for yellow, Cap just for red, and Magneto just for blue. They took a hammering at first but once they started rolling, especially Cap receiving his red AP back so often, they were victorious.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Star-Lord 3/5/5 + Prof X 5/*/* + 3* BW 5/3/5

Collect 7 yellow and 9 purple, cast Everyone With Me then winfinite to victory. With luck, the countdown tile will never count down. Lets X have a higher level than in Charlie's Angels.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the gauntlet I was using this team

OML - Antman - Peggy (5/2/5)

Oml and antman is already an awesome team as antman allows maximisation of Oml strike tiles. Add in Peggy and oh Gosh, what a team. Peggy passive give me more time to collect Ap, and her blue, even at level 250 is awesome, doing upwards to 16k dmg. The best thing about the blue is that it taps the strike tiles 3x.
  • JeffCascadian
    Monday's theme was "open carry policy." icon_punisher.png , icon_blade.png , icon_blackwidow.png , all star.pngstar.pngstar.png s.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Tried "scrap team" meaning I chose just everyone who was still alive after taking a heavy beating in the Gauntlet:

icon_ironfist.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_hood.png

So that's pretty self explanatory except save blacks for IF to hit hard and use them when counting down DD's tiles. Matching traps is super fun! Kabooom enemy down! Strike and attack tiles! Stunned! Twin pistols! Mwahahahahaha
  • JeffCascadian
    mckauhu wrote:
    Tried "scrap team" meaning I chose just everyone who was still alive after taking a heavy beating in the Gauntlet:

icon_ironfist.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_hood.png

Bwa ha ha ha! That's as good of a reason as any to choose a team. I'm glad it worked for you. (By the way, you're still the only person the message board won't let me leave "reputation" for. I have reported it.)

I finally Champion'd icon_blackpanther.png yesterday and wanted to make a team around him so I chose "Team Iron Man: Movie Edition" with icon_blackpanther.png (L167, 5/3/5), star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png (L170, 5/3/5), and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png (L255, 1/0/0). It would have been more appropriate to use star.png or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Black Widow but I don't have either of them. It was still a good team, though. Black Panther did very well.
  • mckauhu

Bwa ha ha ha! That's as good of a reason as any to choose a team. I'm glad it worked for you. (By the way, you're still the only person the message board won't let me leave "reputation" for. I have reported it.)

D'oh icon_e_sad.gif Have someone else same problem here? Nice team btw BP and GSBW have synergy and both AoE icon_e_surprised.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Taking flight

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png L168, 5/5/3
    icon_nova.png L152, 3/3/1
    howard_icon.png L70, 1/1/1

I had level'd Nova up from L70 to 152 for today's Crash of the Titans and was impressed on how well he performed so I built this team around him. As for Howard...well, that was just for fun. It worked great, though. Once again, a team I didn't expect to do well did great.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rediscovered cmags, qs, and Loki today in the gauntlet. Not super fast, but inexorable and once you hit a certain threshold the other team doesn't get another turn, while you illusion and idle hands your way to match after match. Magnetic projectiles for the actual kill, of course.
  • Used 2* mags and storm with XFWolvie for last part of deadpool daily

honestly have never used the combo until today - surprised how well the 2*'s did. only used surgical strike on cage last wave
  • mckauhu
    edited September 2016
    Todays TBE team:

icon_spiderman.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_humantorch.png

Wow! I'm surprised how good this team is. SW is making automatically protect tiles for Spidey while also collecting for reality crush and HT is attacking from behind with his green - every turn! If in a pinch, Spidey can stun and HT's red makes devastating damage. Nice team I add it to my favorites!
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Claremont's X-Men

icon_colossus_new.png L172 3/5/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png L178 5/5/3
    star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png L108 5/5/3

Astonishing Wolverine isn't exactly right for the theme but he's the closest of the various Wolverines in the game (so far).

There's just something satisfying about using Colossus's Fastball Special with Wolverine. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • buck3
    buck3 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    icon_scarletwitch.pngposting.php?mode=smilies&f=7# LVL 171 5/3/5 + icon_hawkeye.png LVL 103 3/5/5 + icon_professorx.png 2/2/0

When Scarlet Witch's CD tile makes a match 5 or better it fires off both Prof X's and Hawkeyes deadly passive powers... Master Plan + Speed Shot.... i'love it
  • mckauhu
    updated above and todays TBE team:

2 star.pngicon_storm.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_antman.png

Just wow. Strike tiles all over the board, icon_gamora.png is a killing machine and occasionally stunning AoE machine too. icon_antman.png Creates both strike and attack tiles and when enough collected bluetile.png or purpletile.png hitting with the GROW and enemy is instantly downed. If not using icon_gamora.pnggreentile.png , then using it for icon_storm.png and collecting AP. Enemy didn't stand a slightest chance, fun and effective team.
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Oh My Gods

star.pngstar.pngicon_ares.png L103 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_loki.png L172 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png L168 3/3/3
  • JeffCascadian
    Today's theme: Earth, Wind, and Fire

icon_thing.png L90, 3/1/0
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png L178, 5/3/5
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.png L180, 5/3/5

Frankly, the Thing was useless in this fight. My only active power for him is in redflag.png and Torch has a far better power in that color.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got Black Bolt yellowflag.png recently and I've been using it for a couple of my undercovered characters.

icon_blackbolt.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_wintersoldier.png 2/2/1
    3* icon_captainamerica.png 3/5/5

Not as much continuity as I thought. I just want to use Bucky with Cap

icon_spiderman.png 0/1/0
    icon_scarletwitch.png 5/3/5

This is fun despite Spidey pretty much having to wait for switch's purple to get to 14 and spideys blue to get to 12. Still... It's awesome to watch those acrobatics.

4* icon_punisher.png 0/3/2
    icon_nova.png 1/0/4

Fun as ****. I can stun BB with Big Puns green and still have the yellow active.
  • JeffCascadian
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    I got Black Bolt yellowflag.png recently and I've been using it for a couple of my undercovered characters.

I don't blame you. If I had Black Bolt's yellow, I'd be using it all the time. I've had it a couple of times as a team-up from an alliance member and it's so much fun to super boost undercover characters or even bring a fully covered character to above 13 covers.