How to beat Runaway Carriage (Hexproof)

Skidoo
Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
Aside from blocking, how do you defeat Runaway Carriage?

I have several decks with multiple rare/mythic removal, bounce, or DD cards that are useless against Hexproof.

Runaway Carriage + Gideon's Sharp Eyes ability (or any cards that grant Vigilance & Flying) can singlehandedly win the game. I've lost a couple matches that I was totally dominating until the opponent got the Carriage out plus vigilance and that was all she wrote.

Suggestions?

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Indirect targeting spells can get around Hexproof - albeit Hexproof is rather weird when it comes to specific spells working or not... Spells that target EVERYTHING such as Displacement Wave and The Great Aurora will ignore Hexproof since it his all creatures, period. Silverstrike also works, since it targets the FIRST creature that attacks your opponent controls - but Claustrophobia does not... which is odd because of how Hexproof is coded (developers, please normalize this dang ability!).
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Hixus, Prison Warden works as well. after the RC is disabled you can use any removal on it.
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Languish, displacement wave, crush of tenticles, engulf the shores, true-faith censer, alignment hedron network, encircling fissure, descent upon the sinful, mantle of webs, always watching, hixus prison warden. I'm sure theres more...
  • Monk
    Monk Posts: 23
    While the Carriage has no unblockable, you can also beat it with a common blocker...
  • Chavez303
    Chavez303 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Silver strike, Any cards with reach. Languish.
  • Skidoo
    Skidoo Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Alicrast wrote:
    Languish, displacement wave, crush of tenticles, engulf the shores, true-faith censer, alignment hedron network, encircling fissure, descent upon the sinful, mantle of webs, always watching, hixus prison warden. I'm sure theres more...
    Thanks, Alicrast. And everyone else who weighed. This is a wonderfully helpful list, Alicrast. Although I've always hated the need to include one card in a deck for the primary purpose of countering the possibility of another card. It seems like something is out of balance when you have to prepare for one specific card.
  • Skidoo wrote:
    Alicrast wrote:
    Thanks, Alicrast. And everyone else who weighed. This is a wonderfully helpful list, Alicrast. Although I've always hated the need to include one card in a deck for the primary purpose of countering the possibility of another card. It seems like something is out of balance when you have to prepare for one specific card.
    Well, there is a 5-6 pages thread about the card where devs said the card is getting nerfed... two weeks ago. I guess in another two weeks it will actually happen.