Should Daredevil be able to hit invisible characters?

RemoDestroyer
RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
RichC in S.H.I.E.L.D pointed out to me that Daredevil should be able to hit invisible targets since he doesn't use his eyes anyways. Made sense to me since invisible doesn't mean they aren't there but just can't be seen.

Could probably also argue other characters with heightened senses like Wolverine should also be able to bypass invisibility

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i don't expect any connection between powers in game and them in the comics

populating the 5* tier doesn't follow any logic either
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine can bypass invisibility tiles. The current incarnation of Daredevil is miles better than the first version, so I see no particular need for a redesign. It would be good if he could somehow prevent the Hand Ninjas from putting out traps though... maybe there should be a 4* Daredevil with that functionality?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I think at best being able to ignore invisibility and a radar sense ability to disarm traps sound like they would be given as unique powers for a 5* netflix daredevil or something. Odds of them tweaking 3*s are pretty low at this point
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    From technical point of view, this sounds difficult to implement since you can't even choose an invisible character as a target. To allow Daredevil to hit the invisible opponent, you have to:
    1. Choose the invisible character as a target
    2. Make a match that results in Daredevil making an attack

This sounds like it would require many changes in the programming part, so I doubt they'd do it. It is more likely that the power will be implemented as:

- A passive that makes Daredevil deal damage to a random (or all) invisible character(s) instead of the current target, if there at least one invisible character in the opponent team.

- An active power that removes all invisibility tiles.

- A passive that allows Daredevil's team to ignore opponent invisibility tiles and target invisible characters normally. This can be justified in the flavour text of the power, something along the line of Daredevil knows where the invisible characters are and let the team members know, for example.

Anyway, I think a character that can counter invisibility tiles is interesting, and Daredevil seems to be perfect for that. But like the others said, the chance that D3 will modify the 3* version again is pretty slim, unfortunately.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I'm not sure if this is a theoretical debate or a request to change a character. I will assume it's theoretical...

Depends on the type of invisibility. Wolverine and Daredevil would be able to hit invisible opponents (IW & Miles) because Wolv & DD can use other senses other than sight to hit invisible opponents.

Wolverine & Daredevil would not be able to hit Professor X because he can manipulate the brain and alter the perception of all the senses.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    IMHO, daredevil's purple destroying invisibility tiles would be interesting and give the power some added usefulness. It would also make it something you'd have to fire, so it won't be super strong. May be an interesting mechanic if they revisit him.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be happy if his purple disarmed traps as well as the other enemy special tiles. Daredevil's supposed to fight The Hand, so why wouldn't he be able to take out those Caltrops that you always seem to hit the turn after they're placed on the board.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    sambrookjm wrote:
    I'd be happy if his purple disarmed traps as well as the other enemy special tiles. Daredevil's supposed to fight The Hand, so why wouldn't he be able to take out those Caltrops that you always seem to hit the turn after they're placed on the board.

DD's purple should disarm traps and destroy invisibility tiles in addition to what it already does. Either that, or add a passive to his purple that destroys invisibility tiles if he has more than 12 black AP.