Rattlechains, Clues, and UW Planeswalkers

Options
2»

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    (Fortunately "fetching" a card with Talent of the Telepath does count as "drawing" it for Rattlechains, unlike similar paper-MtG effects which say "put that card into your hand" and don't count as "drawing a card".)
    Are you sure about it?
    That's weird for at least 3 reasons:

- is not consistent with the text. Fetch is not draw.
    - as far as I remember fetch do not work as draw for other cards(like Sphinx tutelage).
    - I remember clearly claiming that rattlechain should not work with talent of telepath.
    As a response a mate in my coalition tested it and confirmed it to not work.

So are you sure it works?
    Remember that talent of telepath already fills the card with 6 mana on its own, so to test it properly you need it to fetch a spirit that costs more than 6.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Talent of the Telepath does not give an additional boost to spirits when Rattlechains is out.

If it worked, then selecting another copy of Rattlechains with TotT would give it 12 mana, 6 from the former and 6 more from the latter. Instead, copies fetched this way only have 6 mana present when they get to your hand and the Rattlechains mana-pump animation is absent.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigarda's hexprof gven to other characters stays on them even after death.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tower Geist's fetch doesn't work with Rattlechains. It may be as expected but it's still icon_e_sad.gif
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Tower Geist's fetch doesn't work with Rattlechains. It may be as expected but it's still icon_e_sad.gif

Fetch card is not the same as Draw card.

Similarly, fetching a card with Talent of the Telepath doesn't trigger the Sphinx Tutelage effect either.
  • Puresynesthesia
    Options
    I've been playing jace with spirits to full effect recently and it's pretty powerful, even with the lack of spirits in general. I was playing mana denial with sanctum, tutelage, etc..., but my win percentage is through the roof with the spirit build.

I have...
    Rattlechains
    Tower Geist
    Storm rider spirit
    Day's undoing
    Bring to light
    Talent of the telepath
    Crush of tentacles
    Turn to frog
    Anchor to the aether
    Corrupted Grafstone

I would use shrine of the forsaken gods over Grafstone if I could get it.

Days undoing is pretty boss since tower and Storm rider come our for free. Mana denial for that spell the ai has spent turns building up to as well.

Once you get out a chains and mind sculpt them it's pretty much over. You keep reinforcing your board for free while you bounce or frog anything they get into play.

I lose to gaea's revenge sometimes and that's about it.

Crush of tentacles wins games. It's insurance for decks on a faster clock than you.

Talent of the telepath is amazing for the card selection to find what you need. I would try startled awake over bring to light if I had it just because telepath is here to pair with it.

If you know of a card I need to use please respond.