**** Unknown (Coming Soon) ****

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well the yellow looks like it's active, not passive like GG, so that puts a limitation on it's ability to fortify. The fortified tiles is the main reason I use GG. Just the other day I played a round of the Big Enchilada with Goblin and Rider. (with 3cyc to generate red). By the start of the 4th wave I had 4 Hellfire out. By the end I had 6 out.
    (was playing with the specific goal of getting out as many Hellfire as possible just because I wanted to see how many I could get out)

. I don't see this ability doing that,... BUT, it looks like it can fortify special tiles other than countdowns. So use him with IronFist to fortify that attack tile, and toss in a Falcon or Xavier to make it super powerful and we might have something. I hate it when I'm running Falcon and have a special tile increased into something truly awesome and then it gets matched away.

WarMachine, I believe only fortifies his own tiles. You need 5 in red and I don't have him there yet, so I'm not 100% sure on that. So even though this new characters yellow isn't passive, it can still be fun. Even more so if you can select the tile that he fortifies instead of it being random friendly tile. Because if you can choose which tile to fortify, then this character just became extremely useful. And if the fortify part is passive, then this character has even more potential. Just imagine, use him with a special tile generator like Blade, (strike, attack and countdowns), and he could be fun.

As for the yellow powers bonus damage for every fortified tile, if it's a decent amount, might be good to run him with Goblin and some one that generates cheap, repeating countdowns. Like Human Torch green. Only 5 green ap and you have a cd tile that resets every turn.

Now the red ability, that depends on the bonus damage. If the bonus for no enemy specials is a lot, then I'd run him with Teen Jean. Her purple cast just before his red might be something worth trying. Especially if it is Luke and if he is like his 3* counterpart. 3* Cage can really nuke some enemy Ai, so I'm hoping the red bonus damage works the same way. Plus, with Jean, you get yellow, red, purple and green covered with Jeans passive to punish the enemy for critical 5's.

Not sure about the black passive. I see it reading more than one way, so I'll reserve judgment on it until I see it in action or get a more detailed description.

All in all, he looks pretty decent.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    After a bit of time with already announced characters, we are back to previewing upcoming characters! This next one is a little ways off, but here you go!

Pre-release ability précis:
      Fortify/Damage - 9 AP - Fortify friendly special tile, then deal damage for each friendly Fortified special tile on the board. Will also create a strength protect tile if paired with certain character.

Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Creates a Special Tile whenever the enemy fires a power, and if this hero is in front, reduces a random special tile.

Damage - 13 AP - Deal damage with bonus damage if the board is clear of enemy special tiles.

Black is what stands out to me here. Random enemy special tile, or random special tile in general?
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      DFiPL wrote:
      Cthulhu wrote:
      After a bit of time with already announced characters, we are back to previewing upcoming characters! This next one is a little ways off, but here you go!

Fortify/Damage - 9 AP - Fortify friendly special tile, then deal damage for each friendly Fortified special tile on the board. Will also create a strength protect tile if paired with certain character.

Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Creates a Special Tile whenever the enemy fires a power, and if this hero is in front, reduces a random special tile.

Damage - 13 AP - Deal damage with bonus damage if the board is clear of enemy special tiles.

Black is what stands out to me here. Random enemy special tile, or random special tile in general?

Wouldn't make sense to create an enemy special tile. That would be worse than Venom's passive black. It's got to be creating a friendly special tile. The wording is definitely confusing, but skills are supposed to help, not hurt. Venom is the only character I can think of with a passive that has negative consequences, and I would hope they learned their lesson from him by now.
      • veny
        veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
        His powers kinda reminds me Sebastian Shaw, but with upcoming Agents of Shield series, i would guess Carl Creel (aka Absorbing man).
        Or maybe so much wanted Rogue?
      • OneLastGambit
        OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
        Given the marvel now website released details today of the brand new luke cage comic I'm pretty sure it's him.
      • Blahahah
        Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
        I just had an idea, actually.

Based on the 1.09 preview quote, maybe its...
        1025588-electro032.jpg
      • DTStump
        DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
        if paired with certain character.

It would be cool if we also got a second version of Iron Fist to go with the new Luke Cage icon_e_biggrin.gif
      • Boommike
        Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
        notamutant wrote:
        DFiPL wrote:
        Cthulhu wrote:

Wouldn't make sense to create an enemy special tile. That would be worse than Venom's passive black. It's got to be creating a friendly special tile. The wording is definitely confusing, but skills are supposed to help, not hurt. Venom is the only character I can think of with a passive that has negative consequences, and I would hope they learned their lesson from him by now.

I think DFiPL is referring to the last bit "reduces a random special tile"
          And I agree. I wouldn't want it reducing a friendly special tile
        • GrumpySmurf1002
          GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
          DFiPL wrote:

According to my sources that everyone knows about but aren't allowed to discuss here, the ability description in game specifies random enemy tile. Allegedly.

Also allegedly, reduce becomes remove at 5 covers.
        • Quebbster
          Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
          DFiPL wrote:

According to my sources that everyone knows about but aren't allowed to discuss here, the ability description in game specifies random enemy tile. Allegedly.

Also allegedly, reduce becomes remove at 5 covers.
          *gasp* You are using out of game Communication? for shame, sir!
        • evade420
          evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
          The real question is when do we get Jessica jones ?!
        • ErikPeter
          ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
          Right?

OK I'm not an insider but it seems likely that he creates a protect tile when an enemy fires a power, and also reduces an enemy special tile when he's in front (e.g. he takes the hit). It would be really cool if these protect tiles were strong enough to matter (especially combined with the Yellow.).. but I won't hold my breath for that.

If the five-cover thing mentioned above is true, that's too bad, reduce to 1 is better than remove in most cases... except I guess you're trying to clear them to do extra red damage, so I suppose that choice would make sense.
        • DFiPL
          DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
          Boommike wrote:
          notamutant wrote:
          DFiPL wrote:
          Cthulhu wrote:

I think DFiPL is referring to the last bit "reduces a random special tile"
            And I agree. I wouldn't want it reducing a friendly special tile

Yeah, it's the reduction I'm concerned by. I don't expect this to be Carnage/Venom in terms of the character creating enemy tiles, but the phrasing makes me wonder whose tiles are exposed to the reduction.
          • ErikPeter
            ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
            It's definitely an enemy tile, don't worry about the semantics as these spoilers are always a little vague.

Think about it thematically and mechanically--this guy is a protector. He reduces enemy attacks in general (with protect tiles) but more if he's up in front taking the hit.

I mean, I could imagine a power that works the way you described, but it would be frustrating and terrible. If it could randomly reduce a friendly tile you'd want him not to be in front when an enemy fires a power creating a (presumably Protect) tile which would then get lowered. It doesn't fit for a protector character to have that kind of potential team hindrance.
          • veny
            veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
            Still cant figure out what character it may be... some support who works with special tiles... like Loki.
            Hm, maybe its someone from SHIELD... Coulson??
          • Lemminkäinen
            Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
            Shame about the color combo (Nova and OML being already top-notch).
          • Quebbster
            Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
            I don't know about that. The yellow here could work very well with Nova's and OML's myriad strike tiles. Doubling up on certain colors is not necessarily a bad idea - in the SHIELD sim I came across someone running a low-level OML with maxed Luke Cage and Three-star Cyclops. I can see what that team was meant to do - OML to tank damage, Luke Cage to reduce that damage more, and Cyclops to bring the pain. You could do worse than that.
          • zodiac339
            zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
            Quebbster wrote:
            I don't know about that. The yellow here could work very well with Nova's and OML's myriad strike tiles. Doubling up on certain colors is not necessarily a bad idea - in the SHIELD sim I came across someone running a low-level OML with maxed Luke Cage and Three-star Cyclops. I can see what that team was meant to do - OML to tank damage, Luke Cage to reduce that damage more, and Cyclops to bring the pain. You could do worse than that.
            They ran that in Simulator? It's an okay PVE team that I've used before, but it's veeeery slow and leaves me with the embarrassment of Yelena getting enough black to Payback Mission a critical cascade that finishes OML after he takes Headbutt damage (stupid, broken scaling). I hope this character is someone new.
          • DaveR4470
            DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
            Vhailorx wrote:
            Why should we think this is anyone other than medusa?

Because I watch TV and expect a Luke Cage tie-in?
          • It's not Medusa, because she will be 5 stars.