*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• Ruinate wrote:
    You misread. It is going to be very very rare that you're going to be sitting at 8 green ap because of the way RHulk's pink works. RHulk's green will fire way way more often than Hex Bolt. Probably less often than a huge pink explosion.

Yep. My mistake. Thought the cost of her green was one more than his, not one less. Thanks for talking me down!
  • Gaudium wrote:
    Nope

WHAT? HOW DARE THEY NOT CONSULT YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS ON CHARACTERS BEFORE RELEASING THEM? UP IN ARMS MY BROTHERS, THERES WRONGS TO BE RIGHTED.

This post is just... the silliest.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, there are people who are actually happy to have Scarlet Witch in the game - she's a core member of the Avengers, after all.
    I'm a bit bugged she has the movie look though, but maybe they can switch to a more classic look eventually.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Slight whinge about this character. I’m sure it’s been mentioned.

I use her as a back up to other characters (e.g.) Prof and Gw. My whinge is the amount of times the Blue count down tile to generate the purple is placed in a corner or side so it will only give you 3 max for the 3 turn count down. It happens way too often. 33% of the time.

Second whinge is that 33% of the time it will be placed next to two other blues so it matches and you have to wait another turn for it to generate again.

The other 57% of the time it works fine and is a really good toon. Green could hit harder say 14% of the time but you can’t have everything.

I’m sure it’s a mechanic to stop her being OP as when it is good it’s really good. Mega purple attack which happens say 27.3 % of the time

Not sure what I’m saying but as I’ve just spent a particularly annoyingly long match waiting for her to get just one count down off for a reward of more than 3 I thought I’d put a whine in, that was at least 41% accurate.

Who knows at least 15% of my text may even be read.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    I did, and I'm glad. I now know "whinge" is a word...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:

I use her as a back up to other characters (e.g.) Prof and Gw. My whinge is the amount of times the Blue count down tile to generate the purple is placed in a corner or side so it will only give you 3 max for the 3 turn count down. It happens way too often. 33% of the time.

Second whinge is that 33% of the time it will be placed next to two other blues so it matches and you have to wait another turn for it to generate again.

The other 57% of the time it works fine and is a really good toon. Green could hit harder say 14% of the time but you can’t have everything.

I’m sure it’s a mechanic to stop her being OP as when it is good it’s really good. Mega purple attack which happens say 27.3 % of the time

Not sure what I’m saying but as I’ve just spent a particularly annoyingly long match waiting for her to get just one count down off for a reward of more than 3 I thought I’d put a whine in, that was at least 41% accurate.

This post made me laugh 31.4% of the time I read it.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Is it a deliberate design of the character to not get me that last purple I need when I use her green skill next to 4 purple tiles and to place blue countdown tiles deliberately on my potential 5 matches?

Because lately this character has been idiotic. Not to say it's not a good character, but 4/5 times she'll be putting blue tiles either in a corner or right smack on that sweet 4 or 5 match set I was going to go for next turn
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:

This is one of the main reasons why icon_kingpin.png is so good with her. Don't like the CD tile placement? Blow it up for 5000 dmg. Eventually she'll stop spazzing out and put the damn tile in a decent spot.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I love how when playing against the AI, if her CD tile is in a position to be matched, the AI will wait until it is at 1 turn left to match it. Like they are planning out how to screw with you the best way.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I love how when playing against the AI, if her CD tile is in a position to be matched, the AI will wait until it is at 1 turn left to match it. Like they are planning out how to screw with you the best way.
    Yeah, every time a tile gets placed next to two blues, for the next 3 turns I'm like, "Yes.... YES.... ARGGGH!". God only knows what my neighbors must be thinking...
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:

Often effectively screwing you by making said 1 turn cd tile into a 4/5 match
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    In regards to 5 covers in green, if EVERYONE could go ahead and run with that idea I would appreciate it. I scream in terror when she is boosted and her purple animation starts...

*fingers crossed*
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok I've never run SW as much as I have here recently with rulk having the big boost (essential) in a pve with a 'test' that takes forever (so you're just going for speed). for the first half of the event wanda and rulk were the fastest and most reliable pair out there. this last half of the event though, witch has been completely ineffective as a purple battery for me. I've even had a handful of matches where her cd never made a match. not once. I've moved to hood and think he's been more effective for me lately (in nodes with im40 locked out). normally love witch but she (like im40) can be unreliable at times.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    In regards to 5 covers in green, if EVERYONE could go ahead and run with that idea I would appreciate it. I scream in terror when she is boosted and her purple animation starts...

*fingers crossed*

I do, but only when I'm running her with deadpool and don't have anyone else to do green.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a shame they "fixed" her green power to not generate double AP from destroyed tiles - before the change, it was a powerful, risky power (still **** on defense), and I had her at 5 green just for fun. With the new and improved IM40 potentially able to generate 30+AP in valuable colors for an investment of 6AP, it seems like cruel and unusual punishment for Wanda's green to be so weak.
  • Is there a strategy in using Hex Bolt to cause a cascade or even a match?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a strategy in using Hex Bolt to cause a cascade or even a match?
    Tricky since the destruction is random. I try to use it on corners or at least edges to reduce the random element.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Tricky since the destruction is random. I try to use it on corners or at least edges to reduce the random element.

You can also use your team's special tiles to plan what tiles won't be destroyed. That said, that power is not meant to set matches or cascades but to collect AP. (and not very efficiently, at that). Also, don't bother to use it if you don't have 5 green covers.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

You can also use your team's special tiles to plan what tiles won't be destroyed. That said, that power is not meant to set matches or cascades but to collect AP. (and not very efficiently, at that). Also, don't bother to use it if you don't have 5 green covers.

I've used her green a couple of times today, but in a *very* specific set of circumstances: I needed one more purple to fire off 3-star Black Widow's Purple (With Scarlet Witch and 3-star Black Widow, can you guess who the other team member was? icon_e_smile.gif I didn't have enough green to fire off Widow's Sniper Rifle, but I did have enough to fire off Hex Bolt. I targeted a Purple, got the purple AP I needed for Deceptive Tactics, and the Match-5 parade began.

Other than cases where you are literally 1 non-Green AP short of firing off a power to win the game, I would agree that you shouldn't count on her green for doing very much.
  • Thanks for the replies. Would you say that Scarlet Witch has the best Purple power of all the 3*?