**** Unknown (Coming Soon) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
After a bit of time with already announced characters, we are back to previewing upcoming characters! This next one is a little ways off, but here you go!

Pre-release ability précis:
    Fortify/Damage - 9 AP - Fortify friendly special tile, then deal damage for each friendly Fortified special tile on the board. Will also create a strength protect tile if paired with certain character.

Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Creates a Special Tile whenever the enemy fires a power, and if this hero is in front, reduces a random special tile.

Damage - 13 AP - Deal damage with bonus damage if the board is clear of enemy special tiles.

Comments

• Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Why should we think this is anyone other than medusa?
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      Because there's another red/yellow/black character that already passively creates special tiles of a certain type and has a famous pairing with a different existing character?
    • an1979
      an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
      So soon?
      Natasha Romanoff isn't even in tokens yet.
      Edit. No wait. There she is. Pity that 15% in classics didn't rise. icon_e_sad.gif
      I need more time to get that 1000 spideycoin.png for another slot.

P.S.
      Grammar nazi in me hates with passion AE "a ways"
    • Jathro
      Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
      Someone with this same color scheme (in 3* land) has a Netflix series coming soon...
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Sweet Christmas! Looks like this character has got some moves!
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Because there's another red/yellow/black character that already passively creates special tiles of a certain type and has a famous pairing with a different existing character?

I wasn't expecting that character until the end of the month, when that thing happens in that streaming service. . .
    • aeiouous
      aeiouous Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
      I'd like to hire this hero.
    • RoryQ
      RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
      You definitely shouldn't look to cage this character. Too much power, man
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      It is curious they respected the exact same colors, wolvie or Spidey have different colors in each variant icon_razz.gif

It is nice to have someone that can fortify tiles other than GG, and even more being in 4 land. The black passive looks quite interesting depending the type of the tiles created and their strength.
    • " This next one is a little ways off, but here you go!"

in d3 time is that more or less than week? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      thanos8587 wrote:
      " This next one is a little ways off, but here you go!"

in d3 time is that more or less than week? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
      I'm guessing Deadpool vs MPQ will be the release event next weekend. Could be wrong though.
    • OneLastGambit
      OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
      Different kind of fortify too. War machine and gg both fortify CD tiles...this one says special tiles
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      Quebbster wrote:
      thanos8587 wrote:

I'm guessing Deadpool vs MPQ will be the release event next weekend. Could be wrong though.

There is that TV series, that might be or might not be related, that premiers on September 30th, sooo we might need to wait a bit more.

This would mean no new char in almost a month :O !!!
    • Quebbster
      Polares wrote:
      Quebbster wrote:
      thanos8587 wrote:

There is that TV series, that might be or might not be related, that premiers on September 30th, sooo we might need to wait a bit more.

That's possible too. Spider-Woman and Black Widow were released in fairly short order, so we may be getting a breather now.
    • JeffCascadian
      JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
      I'm all for a longer wait between new characters. Still, I Luke forward to--I mean look forward to--the release of this one.
    • rkd80
      rkd80 Posts: 376
      luke, i don't understand why everyone is so cagey about this? Who is the character!?
    • Philly484
      Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
      Yay another variant.... Not! I mean really, Luke Cage like the character a lot, but we really need to stop the variants. Sorry Marvel but listen to your fans for once and let D3 add requested characters, not more variants. You might as well just add skins to already existing characters, since they all have so many various costumes over the years.
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      Countdowns count as "special tiles" so GG is gonna be bonkers with her.
      You don't suppose maybe it's Hobgoblin?
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Vhailorx wrote:
      Why should we think this is anyone other than medusa?

Because it's someone other than Medusa.
    • Quebbster
      Polares wrote:
      Quebbster wrote:
      thanos8587 wrote:

Giving it a bit more thought... the SHIELD clearance system launches next week (supposedly), so Deadpool vs MPQ may not be a new character release. However, if this character was released the following weekend (event ending around September 26th), they coul have the new character PvP starting on September 30th, which is both when that TV series premieres and the start of Season XXXII.