Suggestion to improve/balance Daredevil*** V2.0

Options
based on the comments of my previous post, http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3339
here's a new suggestion to balance our "traps maker"

are basically 2 small alterations in their skills:
1 - we can choose where the trap is armed,
2 - add a small refund when the trap is disarmed.

I marked my changes from blue to better view of my proposal.

Radar Sense

Purple 11 AP
Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. turning 1 chosen Environment tile in Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap) it generates 2 Purple AP. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Steals 3 AP from all colors on enemy match.
Level 3: Steals 4 AP from all colors on enemy match.
Level 4: Steals 5 AP from all colors on enemy match.
Level 5: Steals 6 AP from all colors on enemy match.

Or

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Cost 1 less AP.
Level 3: Steals 3 AP from all colors on enemy match.
Level 4: Cost 1 less AP.
Level 5: Steals 4 AP from all colors on enemy match.

Equalizer
Blue 7 AP
Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. turning 1 chosen Blue tile in Blue Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap) it generates 2 Blue AP, if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns.
Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns.
Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns.
Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.

Ambush
Red 7 AP
Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. turning 1 chosen Red tile in Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 355 damage, If enemy destroy the tile (disarm the trap), it generates 2 red AP, If you match the tile, the enemy takes 12 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match.
Level 3: 851 damage on enemy match.
Level 4: 1041 damage on enemy match.
Level 5: 1230 damage on enemy match.

Max Level: Enemy takes 7712 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match

Or

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: 497 damage on enemy match / 17 on you math.
Level 3: 638 damage on enemy match / 21 on you math.
Level 4: 780 damage on enemy match / 26 on you math.
Level 5: 922 damage on enemy match / 31 on you math.

Max Level: Enemy takes 5784 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 193 damage on player match.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Very well thought but really no.

It as improvement for the average player, but the good players can expoit choosing the tile placement turing this hero into a MONSTER, because the AI is really predictable and stupid. Just place them when there is/you can setup a match-4 and it surefire activates the next turn. The power would have to be turned down much more, and it would turn the guy from a "big risk big reward guy" to just another Bagman.

Same for the side effects for disarming, even if I like the idea, but then again it would screw balance.

Actually, this all might work for the blue power because a random stun is basically useless, and it has not actual power to be exploited, turning it into a prediction utility might be very good.
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Don't really like the radar sense in this fashion. Black widows costs nearly the same and steals the same amount without waiting for them to match it. One of his main things is that he does everything, to a huge proportion but at a risk. Stealing only 4 ap wouldn't bring out his full potential at 6 ap. Such as billy stuns the max stun at 6 turns and red does extreme damage.