Season's Past

Options
2»

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    I do have to laugh when I see a card this powerful.
    They say they test them extensively but that people may use them in different ways once released.
    This card was never tested, neither was harness the storm. Both are screaming to be abused, not even abused just put into a deck and used is abuse enough.
    wish I had one icon_e_sad.gif

You know, I think it's actually possible that they knew about Harness the Storm or even Season's Past creating long chains of spells. I think the dev team thought that players would have fun casting spells like that, but they didn't consider that actually a much larger percentage pf the player base would be bored out of their tiny minds sitting opposite it.

Look at Day's Undoing, and again, compare it with the paper MTG card.

Image.ashx?multiverseid=398652&type=card

The paper MTG card explicitly ends the turn, and so cannot be used to initiate a chain of spells in the way that it can in MPQ. The idea to make chains possible on this card orginated with the designers of MPQ.

Day's Undoing originally cost 6 mana, and produced 15. You're probably wondering, how long ago did paper MTG stop printing cards that produced three times as much mana as they did to cast?

Image.ashx?multiverseid=19592&type=card

17 years.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    If you want to make comparisons with paper:
    409917.full.jpg
    It does not return the spell to your hand, it does not give you mana, it just allows you to cast the same spell twice if you have it in the graveyard already and you pay its mana cost. No infinite loops or anything.