Rai guaranteed to lose vs Runaway Carriage

Options
Arcannyx
Arcannyx Posts: 17
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Events
Seriously, Devs?

You force us to play a pre-made deck for Rai for the event. You make it so that in Gold (where I am), only 2% of each bracket can win Rai at the end. In Silver it's 1% and in Platinum it's 5%.

Then you have Runaway Carriage, an uncommon.

If Gideon 1 plays RC, or if ANY deck has both RC and a True-Faith Censer, then it's game over for Rai. The deck does not have a counter. The awesome, mythtastic deck can do nothing.

The above has most likely just cost me my chance at Rai in such a cutthroat environment.

This is outrageous, and utterly unfair. Through no fault of mine, your forced play conditions have lost me any chance at winning. I have True-Faith Censer in every deck specifically because Runaway Carriage is so utterly game changing... but you don't in your deck. And since we can no longer change matches, the moment I see that deck I know I've lost, end of story.

Thanks for trolling us, Devs.

Comments

• Kthanid
    Options
    I encountered the same pb with some other decks. Btw if you don't get a flying creature with True-Faith censer then you're done for too if the OP combo ability Gidegod Carriage is engaged... I almost made it with a red deck only beating him with direct spell damage until it brokes my combo (60+ damages so far). But indeed it's really too bad nothing can be done with the pre builded deck given to us, no real direct damage and unable to do anything to this OP combo. Maybe they should broke such an easy working mechanic; this "I play I win" isn't something Magic TCG is used to (nor even thought by the devs). Two cards (here even 1 because it just requires lvl 1 ability of the PW) aren't enough to make an unbreakable combo (or the OP ones are thus limited as 1 per 60 cards deck), more than nerfing it then or making probabilities so ridiculous than it's not viable during tournaments...

This card should be thus nerfed; IE by removing its special capacity of ignoring damages when blocked OR blocking. I tried it during great encounters and special ones such as the very last of Zendikar story or heroic encounters... this just began to be a big joke except for one... Is that you devs are really seeking for? Giving one OP combo to players and break the challenge itself? For the next pve tournament this gonna be fun to have everyone beating it so easily...
  • Mutang99
    Options
    You could be lucky and exert influence on a defender with Rai.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Mutang99 wrote:
    You could be lucky and exert influence on a defender with Rai.
    lol That's funny.

EDIT: Okay I laughed, but the I saw Gideon1 against my Saheeli and then cried, but then I remembered your advice and laughed again. It works:
    yXJpokW.png?1
  • Kthanid
    Options
    Top decking engaged! icon_lol.gif
  • Kthanid
    Options
    Even better :

Z9D7Ly.jpg
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just keep spamming thopters and you out damage run away carrage decks lol
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alicrast wrote:
    Just keep spamming thopters and you out damage run away carrage decks lol

Not true.

https://imgur.com/OBv2t8y
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You can steal there other defenders and block those guys... I didnt lose once with her and I faced several of those decks.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alicrast wrote:
    You can steal there other defenders and block those guys... I didnt lose once with her and I faced several of those decks.

Assuming you get Exert Influence early on AND they drop a second defender in time.