View game state before selecting target or confirmation

Options
malafein
malafein Posts: 65 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Suggestions & Feedback
Sometimes, it would be helpful to be able to view the gamestate before confirming the casting of a spell.
Delirium is one case for this. Since the board changes after making a match to cast the spell, the number of each color on the board will change before the spell goes off. Maybe Delirium effects are supposed to be unpredictable?
Example, I don't usually like to cast Descend Upon the Sinful unless I'm pretty sure that I'll get the angels out of it as well.

Another case would be when you get a bigger chain of mana than you expected and multiple spells get charged up. Being able to see what all cards will get played would be helpful before confirming or choosing a target. Though, perhaps in this case, the player should just be more prepared and aware of their hand before making a move. So, in this case, it's just a nice-to-have.

Other cases would be situations where a lot changes after making a move. Multiple new cards drawn, mana gained, or various effects triggered.

I'm not sure what the best way to work something like that into the UI would be. Possibly minimize the confirmation/target select window and re-enable the hand view? It would just need to be able to provide a clear view of the board.

Thanks for reading
-malafein

Comments

• MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree. Being able to look at your hand and the board at all times should be implemented. I would also like to be able to look at the boardstate after the match is declared over from the victory screen.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I posted this way back for things like Animist's Awakening, Ravaging Blaze etc. No word from the devs.

A quick fix for this is to make the decision box start to glow if delirium or the 8+ gem bonus is active.